+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2099Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

[QUOTE=AcookerTV;4269301]I read an article recently about fashion rules that are outdated. It had things like how you no longer have to only wear white after Memorial Day and before Labor day, that you can now wear black to a wedding, etc. But the article specifically mentioned wearing white to a wedding as one rule that has not and should not expired. It said that wearing white or anything close to it appeared to be competing with the bride, and no one should do that.[/QUOTE]

These days most women wear "Sunday clothes" to weddings. These days most brides wear a gown to their wedding. I don't see how a cream/white/ivory Sunday dress could compete with a bridal gown. Becoming more chic and popular is that many brides are choosing to wear color by shunning the traditional "white for purity and innocence" look. I've been to a number of weddings these past two years and I seriously doubt the purity and innocence of those brides - including that of my now daughter-in-law.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Sorry to hear Jill is gonna be on TV yet again....I've never heard of the show "White Collar" .... UGH...I just can not STAND that vulgar woman Jill Zarin...never could from the beginning......... I wish she would just GO AWAY!!!!

GO AWAY JILL ZARIN...GO FAR AWAY.....GO TO BAWBIE...AND STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM MY TV SCREEN!!!!

She made such a fool of herself on Watch What Happens wearing that ridiculous outfit and that hair!!! OMG...no offense but Jill, my dear youre too old and your nose is too big to have pulled that off...nice try..........NOT!!!
    I like White Collar actually but I don't think that Jill can ruin it.

That outfit is apparently an actual item of clothing, some sort of corset thing, that Jill is actually trying to sell. Talk about an S&M outfit.

FORT Fogey

Well, this episode was horrible, wasn’t it? I don’t know that anyone really acted well.

Everyone gathered at Sonja’s little house (not at the Big House that Sonja sometimes may have to stay in) to put on their wedding gowns so they could march across da Brooklyn Bridge in support of marriage equality. Sonja had gotten some New Jersey gowns for the girls who couldn’t wear their own. Apparently LaCountlessa eloped forever in blue jeans and Kuku Kelly’s is in a museum (or so she says). Although Alex was on the all-important committee, and Jarring Jill was on the ‘honorary committee’ that she made up in her very own head, somebody had made a midnight offer to Sonja to be the Grand Marshall so she could speak on the podium. Oh, and they also made the day all about her.

Or so she kept insisting; taking a cue from the appalling and obnoxious modern trend that says that a wedding day is the bride’s very own opportunity to ditch marriage and consideration and become tyrant du jour. Alex kept trying to remind everyone that the day wasn’t about the marchers but the cause. Later on LaCountlessa said that Alex was like an ‘infomercial’ about gay marriage. I found that to be a horrible snide comment on her part. I have to say that Alex and Simon do seem to be very passionate about marriage equality, whereas the other ladies seem to think of gay people as entertaining, funny, sexy, but not really people in the same sense they are.

At the Sonja’s Day parade for Sonja’s Day, Jarring Jill appeared. Alex complimented her and based on that Jill’s inner brat surfaced (it’s not an uncommon occurrence) and she asked why Alex is always pickin’ on her. Boo hoo, Jill, you’ve been a *mean lady* on wheels now for one whole season and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Sigh.

Simon was doing some channelling of his own - he was possessed by his very own Josephine with a bolero jacket of many colours. The man can certainly be-bling himself. Simon had a speech all ready but this being Sonja’s Day about Sonja, Sonja wasn’t about to share one moment of it with him, much to his and Alex’s often repeated umbrage. I fault Sonja and the Sonja’s Day of Sonja organizing shambles, er, committee equally. But it was okay, Sonja’s Sonja Day speech was a gem of oratory, if you were as wasted as she likes to be. If you were sober it was a travesty. It was silly, besides the point, and clearly she hadn’t given it much though beyond noting over and over again that the march was her day. The awesome marvelousness of that thought apparently filled what space was left after “booze” and “boys” scooted over, and left no room for composing a relevant or motivational address. What we got was an unfocussed trivializing garble. Again, a tad insulting.

I have to figure that Romeena wasn’t there because she doesn’t like the gays. Oh, Ramona, that’s a dangerous stance on Andyvision.

Anyway, the Grand Marshall wasn’t actually leading the Sonja’s Day parade but did manage to come back to Alex and Simon’s leather den in Brooklyn where Jarring Jill and Alex agreed to ‘tawk’ later about their friendship. Ooo glee - more drama-rama! Simon gave a speech I addressed in another post, and I wanted to hug him.

Romeena had bought a table at a party for Mr. Gucci and everyone who was invited turned up. And Kelly. Sonja was practicing for a fight, Kelly threatened one but left, and everyone once again concentrated on anything but the purpose of the event. I imagine that all present left with anticipatory indigestion if not worse.

Sonja has a stud boyfriend called Brian Farrell. He’s ‘good looking’ in a Jeremy Statham hot tall bald nearly daddy kinda way, so she loves to jump his bones at every occasion. To create an occasion, she is holding an Arty Party at her house, and of course invites all the gigglesome gang to fawn over another Sonja’s Day event, this time revolving around a portrait of her. Sonja had been to see it and wasn’t too keen on it unfinished as she didn’t like the knee-breasts old bag on the make look but she still insisted that everyone come see its unveiling. Because Studly Brian is good with his brush work. Heh heh.

But! Before that Miss Sonja of The Sonjadaze has to attack Alex about the misunderstanding at the march. And her opening salvo is crowned with “Simon, is that your husband’s name? Simon?” Well, well, well. What a *very nasty lady.* She said that Simon-or-wozzisface was all up in her face and she didn’t like it on Sonja’s Day All About Sonja. Alex reasonably called this jumped up wasted waitress on her rampant egotism, but I guess Alex’s argument was too logical because Sonja cut her off (“Let me cut you off because you’re making no sense/not pleasing Me”) - again, the height of condescending rudeness. We seem back to the Alex-&-Simon are social climbers meme, don’t we?

I don’t much care for Alex running behind Sonja Day like a chihuahua with a riblet to pick but I really didn’t like the mad cow chucking Alex out because of her bad manners. I guess she was afraid Alex’s ‘bad’ manners would distract from her atrocious ones.

At least Alex was spared the portrait reveal which showed a sad, saggy-boobed iron-faced and oooooold woman, with an uncanny resemblance to the Wastoid Waitress, sitting staring out into a desolation, abominably, legs apart, waving like seaweed to whatever may come by. It was horrible. It was so horrible that Carol, is that her name?(!) had to chime in. Apparently Carol is mad about a cigar that somebody who was dead gave to Rameena or something.

Anyone notice, by the by, how much Carol and her brother Half-Hot and his girlfriend all look alike? Like the level of narcissism in that family is off the scales when they only date people who remind them of themselves. It remains to be seen if Carol will integrate well into the gigglesomes, if they will let her vajazzle their vajayjays or not (God help us after enduring Ickie’s assistant’s Brazilian was we may have to put up with the encrustation of LaCountless who’s quite the crustacean herself).

So the gays still can’t marry but at least they have Sonja Day of All Things Sonja-iferous and Sonja-fabulous to console themselves with. Alex may be beneath everyone but she sure snipes upward. LaCountlessa continues to show her good manners though gossip and hurtful sayings. Jarring Jill is reduced to a four hear old throwing a tantrum, Kuku Kelly’s Kalm Pills are working to a degree (which surely means that 2012 will come next week), Rameena likes to stir up stuffs, and Carol dates her dead brothers girlfriend or something. I can’t barely keep them apart. As long as I keep them apart from me, I’m fine with that.

*"mean lady" to avoid using a much much more worse and forbidden word that one doesn't hear outside of a kennel in polite company.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    ...But! Before that Miss Sonja of The Sonjadaze has to attack Alex about the misunderstanding at the march. And her opening salvo is crowned with “Simon, is that your husband’s name? Simon?” Well, well, well. What a *very nasty lady.* She said that Simon-or-wozzisface was all up in her face and she didn’t like it on Sonja’s Day All About Sonja. Alex reasonably called this jumped up wasted waitress on her rampant egotism, but I guess Alex’s argument was too logical because Sonja cut her off (“Let me cut you off because you’re making no sense/not pleasing Me”) - again, the height of condescending rudeness. We seem back to the Alex-&-Simon are social climbers meme, don’t we?

I don’t much care for Alex running behind Sonja Day like a chihuahua with a riblet to pick but I really didn’t like the mad cow chucking Alex out because of her bad manners. I guess she was afraid Alex’s ‘bad’ manners would distract from her atrocious ones....[/I]

Just a snippet from the entire post, worth reading the whole thing - excellent, as usual!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    If I may I will impose on your kindness enough to post a recap later but I would like to say I found Simon's speech very moving as the "Simon and Alexander" situation is exactly mine - my husband (yes, we are married by a state like everyone else) and I have been waiting for years for him to get a green card through the employer we were lucky enough to find for him. It's been 11 years and thousands of dollars in legal fees just because the federal government won't recognize our marriage and therefore we have no access to a fiance visa like he did. It's very heartening that he and Alex, without really having to, can empathize with our situation and didn't make the MENY march all about 'getting down and dirty with our gay friends.' That was such an insulting and dismissive comment, as was LaCountlessa's comment about Alex's advocacy being like an infomercial. In one self-congratulatory statement LaCountlessa managed to show her underlying indifference to anyone other than herself and what she terms a 'good time.' I found the attitude displayed by the waitress, the Countless and the Beensomeone to be repugnant.

Off my soapbox and more to come. But I just had to get that off my chest. Good on ya, Alex and Simon.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have a gay son and I look forward to the day when he can marry anyone he wants, in any state he wants to!

FORT Fogey

I know you're a good mom, gatrmom.

It's unfathomable to me how Kelly is embarassed by the behavior of others but not of her own self. Granted they are all pretty embarassing, but I think Kelly outcrazied every housewife in the whole series last season.

FORT Fogey

"We're embarrassing ourselves" "You're embarrassing yourself" is her standard retort to behaviour she finds disturbing or difficult to understand. I agree with you; her crazy levels were stratospheric. She must be on better/stronger meds this season. I notice she hardly speaks.

Sonja wore the same dress on the Rachel Ray show that she wore to Cindy's gallery show. I thought it odd to wear a cocktail dress to an afternoon cooking show.

FORT Regular

Thank you, AngloAm!

I try to be. He's my only child and I wouldn't trade him for all the other sons in the world!

+ Reply to Thread