+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2099Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    Here is what each HW had to say from their blogs:

1. "How embarrassed could we all be – again? Sometimes it's nicer to support a cause and just "zip it."

2. "I think Sonja should have allowed Simon to speak at the marriage equality event, but Simon should have let it go when Sonja refused his request. Instead of focusing on the cause, as I suggested, Alex was lecturing everyone like an NPR commentator while Sonja was acting more like a prom queen than a Grand Marshall."

3. "I don't know if it was the best idea for Sonja to bring up the march as soon as she saw Alex walk into her home. It was not the right time or place to discuss it. As soon as Sonja brought it up, Alex should have squashed it by saying let's have this conversation another time. But easier said then done!"

4. "I understand that there will always be confrontation, but really? What you did not see was how Sonja explained how Alex personally attacked her in her own town house, hence why she kicked her out. What I didn't know was that Sonja approached Alex about the wedding march. . ."

5. "The conversation should not have started then, and that is where I made my biggest mistake. I should have said “We’re not going to agree on this, so let’s not do this now. This is your night and Brian’s night, and if we can’t be together without discussing Marriage Equality, I’ll leave you to your guests and we’ll get together tomorrow.” That would have been the rational thing to do. Instead, when Sonja pretended she didn’t know my husband’s name, I saw red and charged like a bull. When she wouldn’t listen to me, I got even angrier. Although there was good reason to be upset, I didn’t need to take the bait at the art party. Hindsight is a wonderful thing."

6. "I want to share some great news. This is been one of the most exciting weeks of my life. I am sitting in my trailer in Long Island City waiting for a PA to get me on set of USA's hit show White Collar. Season 3 will be premiering June 7 and of course I will let you all know which episode I am on. I never in a million years thought I would hear the words "Hollywood called!" Which is exactly what happened."

7 "I finally had to say, "Now it's about me.""

Who said it?

1) Kelly, 2) Luann, 3) Ramona, 4) Cindy, 5) Alex, 6) Jill and 7) Sonja
    I think Luann got it exactly right.

Sonja did get overly carried away, but I thought that, once again, Alex should have just dropped it. She did not. She pulled the same thing when she mercilessly grilled Jill about doing the March. Why did she not grill her BFF, Ramona, who she could have done the same with? But, once again, Ramona gets a pass.
    Kelly was the sanest person on the show last night, wasn't she?
    I was glad to see Jill show up at the March. She's definitely got her issues, but I think she has been totally tarred and feathered by Alex. It's getting a bit ridiculous, at this point, IMO.
    I've been a long time AIDS walker - since inception. I have many friends who will lend monetary support, but never do the Walk, itself. It is not my business, nor anyone else's, (I'm looking at you, Alex) to take a "holier than thou" attitude, like Alex did.
    Sonja's artist boyfriend is really cute, though I thought the painting was kind of amateurish.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OK I am brand new to NY --- not to the HW shows but to NY … this ladies are N.A.S.T.Y. I could not believe all the nonsense at the rally from everyone screaming to want to talk at the rally to Jill screaming "just leave me alone" … I could not believe that screaming match later on between Sonja and Alex … disturbing on so many levels.
    This episode was a bit unique, actually. Up until now, Alex has usually been the "voice of reason" and one to back down and let things go. I think this mess started with last season when Jill threw Bethenny to the curb. Alex stood up and defended Bethenny, not very eloquently , and the aim of Jill's poison darts shifted from Bethenny to Alex. While Alex tried to make amends with Jill, Jill would have none of it. Hence, Alex reached her limit.

Of course, there were rumors that Alex needed to step up the drama a bit from the BravoTV department, and it seems she's done just that. Yikes! It's weird and uncomfortable.

I feel no sympathy for Jill's whining about being bullied at the rally...she was a mean snake at the wedding snarking about Alex. Jill's a phony. Money can't buy you class, Jill.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Regular

I think Sonja's thinking it was all about her is how they all act.

The only one I haven't seen act that way is Luann. So far at least.

Kelly has appeared pretty sane but I think that is because we she hasn't been pushed to be crazy yet.

They all have a big ego and think they are better than the other's. I am getting really tired of the jockeying to have the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    I think Sonja's thinking it was all about her is how they all act.

The only one I haven't seen act that way is Luann. So far at least.

Kelly has appeared pretty sane but I think that is because we she hasn't been pushed to be crazy yet.

They all have a big ego and think they are better than the other's. I am getting really tired of the jockeying to have the spotlight.
    Luann did make one remark last night about Alex that was very rude IMO. It was something about her not being in the higher class. She didn't say it to her face and I think it was said when they first arrived at the speech location. I'll have to replay and catch it. As soon as I caught it, I knew what the deal is.

I used to wonder about the deal, but now I can see it clearer. The show is definitely scripted and this season the script calls for them to be against Alex and her to fight back. All of a sudden the ladies are insulting Alex and saying she isn't high class enough. What? I wish they would not make the scripting so obvious. I know they have to create drama to keep the show appealing, but I wish they would make it less obvious.

Do you think we will ever get to the truth about who was going to speak at the gay marriage march gathering?

Too bad they have set Sonja on her downward spiral this season. I'm not liking her anymore. I really wonder if she has been taking Kelly pills. LOL

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Do you think we will ever get to the truth about who was going to speak at the gay marriage march gathering?

LOL

According to the information on the MENY website both Alex and Sonja were scheduled to speak.

NYC's 7th Annual Wedding March

Interestingly, it does list speakers, but also says that the schedule is subject to change. So, obviously, it did.
    Also to note is that Jill is listed on the Honorary committee - just like she told Alex she was.
    Also, on the honorary committee are several other reality stars like Kim Z and Khandi B.

All reality shows are scripted.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post

All reality shows are scripted.
    ITA … they are all scripted.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Interestingly, it does list speakers, but also says that the schedule is subject to change. So, obviously, it did.
    )
    Yeah, would have been nice though to have let Alex and Simon know about it ahead of time. It seems they actually worked on the March, and didn't just lend their names. It was cold to have them show up and Surprise, you're off the Agenda and, oh well, if you want to go back on you'll have to clear it with Sonja (i.e. not the MENY march organizers). That is especially weird.

Alex needs to relax about Jill and pick her battles more carefully. Jill is full of BS but riding her for not planning on showing up was nit-picky.

FORT Newbie

I must be in the minority. I usually hate Jill and Luann and Kelly, but last night, I couldn't stand Alex and found the others tolerable. Although I agree that when Kelly is the voice of reason, we are all in for a long season. And no comment on the "portrait"? It was hideous. I am not saying he's a bad artist, but not a very good rendition.

+ Reply to Thread