Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I actually stayed up to watch it, lol, it was great

In the poll "Do You Support Sonja or Alex?" -- Alex won at 79% I think

Take THAT, Ms. Sonja Smartypants
    If there was an option to vote for "both were wrong" I wonder how high the vote would have been. I thought Sonja was totally wrong to be asking for an "exclusive" at a rally, and showed that she cared about promoting herself much much more than the cause of gay marriage. But Alex was obnoxious also. I think her heart was in the right place focusing on the cause. But at some point, she's just got to accept that not all her friends are as passionate about it as she is.

FORT Regular

When I said that a guest shouldn't make the bride feel uneasy, I meant that having been a bride before. I know I wouldn't have appreciated someone who I invited to wear white (or colors in the same scheme like cream/ivory/off-white). And knowing that I wouldn't have appreciated someone doing that to me, I would never do that to anyone else.

And we really don't know if the bride felt uneasy, since she wasn't interviewed and was barely given any facetime. Plus, as someone noted, the second you criticize others, you demonstrate the type of person you are. So for all we know the bride was upset, but wasn't going to voice it (not like she was given chance or it was edited).

Now, It's obvious that many fashion rules and etiquette are dated like wearing white shoes after Labor Day. And a forum about the Real Housewives should probably one of the last places you look for fashion advice. So for anyone who was offended by my comment, I apologize. It's quite evident that there are a lot of brides who would not mind if their guests showed up wearing white and if you are invited to a wedding, you should wear what you like (white and all). I was just trying to comment that I would feel uncomfortable wearing white knowing that I didn't want someone to wear white to my wedding.

FORT Fan

I wonder what kind of donation Sonja made to get all the perks she asked for at the last minute. Honestly I don't know why else MENY would change things up like this to accommodate a last minute request. They definitely bailed out on any conflict resolution by saying that Simon and Alex had to get Sonja's permission to speak. There are enough gay rights organizations that Simon and Alex can work for that doesn't play these games.

FORT Newbie

Kelly appeared the voice of reason for the second week in a row. She was the only one who behaved at the rally.

Best line of the night? The Countess's "I'd have thrown her out just for wearing that dress." Bwah ha ha!

FORT Regular

I always thought that the underlying principle of etiquette was to make the guest feel comfortable. Good manners (and I'm not talking about using the right fork) basically means being nice to others--kind of like the Golden Rule expanded. These reality shows sort of explain what I see happening as a teacher. Decent courtesy is dying rapidly. Students have the attitude "you're in my way" or "don't bother me." I think the most important word there is me. Are children learning this from watching their parents or are the parents actively teaching their children, "YOU are more important than anyone else"? As to wearing white, would it be that big a problem to not wear a white dress to someone's wedding? If you care about the bride at all, why not just pick another color? Once again, think of someone besides yourself. I think that over the course of the past few years, these real housewives have become full of themselves and have changed a bit. It would probably be really easy to do that if you were an instant semi-celebrity and were experiencing the sort of things they have.

Sonja was one of my favorites last season but after seeing last night's show she's out of her mind.....Alex was just trying to defend herself and Simon - Alex's "bondage" dress should have had nothing to do with it (per the Countess) even tho the dress did look dumb on her. Alex is too old to pull off that look.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    If there was an option to vote for "both were wrong" I wonder how high the vote would have been. I thought Sonja was totally wrong to be asking for an "exclusive" at a rally, and showed that she cared about promoting herself much much more than the cause of gay marriage. But Alex was obnoxious also. I think her heart was in the right place focusing on the cause. But at some point, she's just got to accept that not all her friends are as passionate about it as she is.
    I agree, Alex went overboard at the rally - but then she and Simon did seem genuinely shocked that Simon wouldn't be speaking (he'd obviously planned on it). And I agree that Alex should've just said her piece at Sonja's party, then let it go. Maybe even left on her own accord, that's what I'd have done being treated by the hostess that way! Talk about "no manners!"

But Sonja's smirking and demanding fell flat on me because she instigated the argument at her own party, then laid into Alex for daring to try to discuss it. Then Sonja tried to play the victim to Alex's bullying . That was so tacky! I was taught that, as a hostess, you do everything within your power to make your guests feel welcome and comfortable, but Sonja lit into Alex the moment she arrived. Her smirking and shouting made it seem to me that she manipulated the scene for camera time and drama for the show. And Alex stepped right into it. But, in my opinion, it just made Sonja look like a tacky, "no manners" jackass.

Unfortunately, LuAnn arrived at the wrong time, only seeing Alex going off and being asked to leave. I'd like to know what they (the other HW's) think of the scenario now, after having seen the video.

Sonja's trying to act like a 20 year old just isn't cutting it. I was amused when her "boyfriend" painted her looking like she was (in Sonja's words) 80 years old Maybe his art was reflecting her personality.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I'd like to know what they (the other HW's) think of the scenario now, after having seen the video. .
    Here is what each HW had to say from their blogs:

1. "How embarrassed could we all be – again? Sometimes it's nicer to support a cause and just "zip it."

2. "I think Sonja should have allowed Simon to speak at the marriage equality event, but Simon should have let it go when Sonja refused his request. Instead of focusing on the cause, as I suggested, Alex was lecturing everyone like an NPR commentator while Sonja was acting more like a prom queen than a Grand Marshall."

3. "I don't know if it was the best idea for Sonja to bring up the march as soon as she saw Alex walk into her home. It was not the right time or place to discuss it. As soon as Sonja brought it up, Alex should have squashed it by saying let's have this conversation another time. But easier said then done!"

4. "I understand that there will always be confrontation, but really? What you did not see was how Sonja explained how Alex personally attacked her in her own town house, hence why she kicked her out. What I didn't know was that Sonja approached Alex about the wedding march. . ."

5. "The conversation should not have started then, and that is where I made my biggest mistake. I should have said “We’re not going to agree on this, so let’s not do this now. This is your night and Brian’s night, and if we can’t be together without discussing Marriage Equality, I’ll leave you to your guests and we’ll get together tomorrow.” That would have been the rational thing to do. Instead, when Sonja pretended she didn’t know my husband’s name, I saw red and charged like a bull. When she wouldn’t listen to me, I got even angrier. Although there was good reason to be upset, I didn’t need to take the bait at the art party. Hindsight is a wonderful thing."

6. "I want to share some great news. This is been one of the most exciting weeks of my life. I am sitting in my trailer in Long Island City waiting for a PA to get me on set of USA's hit show White Collar. Season 3 will be premiering June 7 and of course I will let you all know which episode I am on. I never in a million years thought I would hear the words "Hollywood called!" Which is exactly what happened."

7 "I finally had to say, "Now it's about me.""

Who said it?

1) Kelly, 2) Luann, 3) Ramona, 4) Cindy, 5) Alex, 6) Jill and 7) Sonja
    Last edited by Boann; 04-15-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    Here is what each HW had to say from their blogs:

Who said it?

1) Kelly, 2) Luann, 3) Ramona, 4) Cindy, 5) Alex, 6) Jill and 7) Sonja
    I got 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 right away! You're good!

I was (and should've clarified) that I was referring to the scene at Sonja's party. Sorry!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

OK I am brand new to NY --- not to the HW shows but to NY this ladies are N.A.S.T.Y. I could not believe all the nonsense at the rally from everyone screaming to want to talk at the rally to Jill screaming "just leave me alone" I could not believe that screaming match later on between Sonja and Alex disturbing on so many levels.

Ok and that painting, HORRIBLE. I am sorry but she looks ridiculous sitting in THAT position in that painting.

I did not see ANDY so I am going to look for the one with David Arquette!

Hooboy, this season will be interesting if I can hang in there .
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread