+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1521Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

If wearing white/off-white/cream, etc is becoming a passing tradition, then I think it's best advised that people should observe the rules until it absolutely dead and gone. I don't think it's too much to ask that guests wear a different color. Aren't you there because you're happy for the bride and groom? Why would you want to cause your hosts to feel uneasy.

FORT Fan

Lol, ok. And I always assumed that the bride and groom were just happy to share their day with their friends and family, and weren't the least bit concerned as to what their guests were wearing. I guess I didn't watch the episode closely enough, because it didn't appear (to me) that the bride was "uneasy" with Ramona and Alex's color choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I always thought those "mean girl" type movies exaggerated what went on in high school, but they apparently didn't exaggerate what goes on in JillZarin's world. She back stabs and keeps lists of others offenses against her. She plans and plots to keep her position as "queen bee." It's too bad the only worker bee she has left is really as crazy as a bed bug.

She actually does think there are societal classes and those at the top are the betters of those further down. Didn't we have a revolution to get rid of that kind of thinking a couple hundred years ago?
    Something more about JillZarin's personal class war: when pre-interviewed by her local radio station host sister, JillZarin said she had very few friends when in high school; that she was always fifth wheel or odd one out. Hel - Lo JillZarin, lift your fake eyelashes and take a look around - you still are not liked. You have Bobby Zarin's money, and just ask LuLu from the block, it cannot buy you class........and hey, BobbyBaybee may have bucks but he's still just a NY ragman; not exactly atop the pillar of society. So where exactly does that put you, Mizz JillZarin? According to The Book Of JillZarin, maybe you shouldn't have been socializing with people at that wedding yourself!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I had no idea. Good Lord, brides are like tyrants sometimes.
    I don't think it's that brides are like tyrants, I think it's just a common courtesy to the bride, not to wear anything that comes close to rivaling her gown. It's in deference to the fact that it's her day. I doubt many brides actually get upset about it - let's face it, no one at a wedding is nearly as beautiful as a happy bride - but it's something the guests should think about.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by miry View Post
    If wearing white/off-white/cream, etc is becoming a passing tradition, then I think it's best advised that people should observe the rules until it absolutely dead and gone. I don't think it's too much to ask that guests wear a different color. Aren't you there because you're happy for the bride and groom? Why would you want to cause your hosts to feel uneasy.
    I agree. The people who made those rules are from a different era. I do not think they apply now. I think Jill is just a petty person and the only way she feels good about herself is by putting down others. That is a shame and is in no way showing any class. So Boo on you Jill for being a petty, classless and mean girl.

I'm getting married soon and I must say I don't adhere to guests should not wear white. I kind of don't really care what my guests wear; they could wear a toga that's how little it matters to me. I'd be more offended if I had a guest that was a snob and declared that my wedding was socially above another invited guest and had a hissy fit b/c they were socializing at a wedding that they had been invited to. What did she expect Alex to do? Stand in the corner and meekly curtsy at her "betters"? I would have asked Jill to leave, and possibly Ramona for sticking her germy finger in the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I'm getting married soon and I must say I don't adhere to guests should not wear white. I kind of don't really care what my guests wear; they could wear a toga that's how little it matters to me. I'd be more offended if I had a guest that was a snob and declared that my wedding was socially above another invited guest and had a hissy fit b/c they were socializing at a wedding that they had been invited to. What did she expect Alex to do? Stand in the corner and meekly curtsy at her "betters"? I would have asked Jill to leave, and possibly Ramona for sticking her germy finger in the cake.
    Yeah, what's JillZarin got to be uppity about anyway? Her attempt at snobbery comes off as juvenile, what with her trying so hard to be superior and failing so miserably. Her own reach surely exceeds her grasp.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Jill Zarin is VILE. Her true colors really showed at the wedding she and Alex attended. I LOVED the editing as well - Jill saying something to the effect as to how she's changed, how she's a nicer person, blah, blah, blah & then a few clips later talking mad smack about Alex. Cracked me up and kudooz to Bravo for the spot on editing.

Ugh, Jill Zarin makes me

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I had no idea. Good Lord, brides are like tyrants sometimes.
    Yes, and I think today's society encourages such behavior, especially with all the reality shows on tv now.
    I always get the feeling that the "wedding" is far more important to these bridezillas than the Marriage.

+ Reply to Thread