+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2611Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    WOW! Ok...ummm I am in the same age bracket as Ramona & Jill. I can honestly say, with the exception of my exhusband & he doesn't count, I don't have an enemy in the world.
    Why, at that age, would you go through life fighting and arguing with people??? That is so middle school it isn't even funny anymore. The comes a point in life when you realize life is just way too short to spend your time being angry with someone & staring fights. Most of us figure that out before we hit high school. Sadly these women never get a clue & then become "stars" in their own heads.
    Simon & Bobby, grown men, fighting via twitter??? Oh lordy....sigh.
    It's ridiculous isn't it? It's like Jill has to have an enemy or she doesn't feel important enough, and Alex this season...I don't know. She did try to make up with Jill several times last season so she didn't really choose to have her as an "enemy" and calling her out for lying wasn't so off the charts, but I do hope she'll tone it down and just start ignoring Jill.

I couldn't believe all the nastiness coming out of Jill at that wedding, and after she told us she had really learned something and changed! To consider some people as beneath others is horrific, and the worst manners possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    It's ridiculous isn't it? It's like Jill has to have an enemy or she doesn't feel important enough, and Alex this season...I don't know. She did try to make up with Jill several times last season so she didn't really choose to have her as an "enemy" and calling her out for lying wasn't so off the charts, but I do hope she'll tone it down and just start ignoring Jill.

I couldn't believe all the nastiness coming out of Jill at that wedding, and after she told us she had really learned something and changed! To consider some people as beneath others is horrific, and the worst manners possible.
    Yea they are a strange bunch aren't they??? I left that sillyness back when I hit 7th grade & found boys more interesting that gossiping about other girls.

What business did Jill have to diticate what color was or wasn't acceptable for Ramona & Alex to wear to a wedding??? I saw other women wearing white in the background. I think the bride would appreciate you actually being AT her wedding than WHAT you wore. This is the exact same woman who wore a size too small juniors striped bustier & "Jeannie" hair on national TV. SMH!

NYC is always my favorite..... but Bethenny really made the experience. She was smart to get out while she could....away from these bitter , badly behaved, crazy , freakshows of women. I had warmed up to Alex; I didn't think she was that bad in the first episode of the season. She needs to ignore Jill. Alex doesn't need to make Jill look bad; Jill makes herself look bad.....many times over. I feel bad for her daugher. I always liked Allie and she appears to be a nice grounded girl (she may be as bad as Jill but she just hasn't come across as that way so I hope not). It must be embarressing to have your mom act like that on TV.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Had anyone heard that line about not wearing white/cream/off-white/too much half-and-half in my coffee at a wedding before Jill and the her 'friends' slammed Ramona and Alex. See, 'good manners' and 'ettiquette" value honesty, kindness, and discretion over judging, insulting and gossiping. I can only figure that Jill & Co. weren't using their own (bad) behaviour as qualifications for their passing pronouncements.
    One absolutely does not wear anything coming close to white to a wedding. Not ivory, champagne, nor even light beige. Ramona and Alex were on the wrong side of etiquette to arrive costumed as such. Jill was right about that but also wrong for saying something. The whole lot is beyond declasse, so they're a hoot to watch try to one up each other. As if singing about how money can't buy class will translate into some class status? If Kim Zolciak is your target class, then perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    One absolutely does not wear anything coming close to white to a wedding. Not ivory, champagne, nor even light beige. Ramona and Alex were on the wrong side of etiquette to arrive costumed as such. Jill was right about that but also wrong for saying something. The whole lot is beyond declasse, so they're a hoot to watch try to one up each other. As if singing about how money can't buy class will translate into some class status? If Kim Zolciak is your target class, then perhaps.
    It's a rule I had always known and tried to follow. Probably someday it won't matter much as I've noticed that it's now ok to wear black to a wedding. That was always a big no-no also. Fashion rules seem to be disappearing.

I would assume that the people wearing white didn't know but
    gosh, darn, isn't it much more hilarious to make fun of people than to be kind??!!

And what could you expect from Alex, since she's mingling with people so far above her??!!!
    How could she possibly know proper attire? Didn't she have to enter by the back door??
    (I could go on and on..........)

I must admit I enjoyed that shocked, spaced-out look on Ramona's face when caught gossiping. Looked like a kid with their hand in the cookie jar. Absolutely delicious.
    And not just Ramona....they all should be caught behaving badly as they do it so well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I had no idea. Good Lord, brides are like tyrants sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    It's ridiculous isn't it? It's like Jill has to have an enemy or she doesn't feel important enough
    So true. But I also get the feeling that Jill's enemies are byproducts. She clearly needs to be the center of attention and the queen bee in charge, and if no one threatens that she probably gets along great with them. She was fine with Alex and Bethenny until they started getting their own fame, then she got jealous of the attention they were getting and desperate when she could no longer boss them around.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I always thought those "mean girl" type movies exaggerated what went on in high school, but they apparently didn't exaggerate what goes on in JillZarin's world. She back stabs and keeps lists of others offenses against her. She plans and plots to keep her position as "queen bee." It's too bad the only worker bee she has left is really as crazy as a bed bug.

She actually does think there are societal classes and those at the top are the betters of those further down. Didn't we have a revolution to get rid of that kind of thinking a couple hundred years ago?

FORT Fan

I think the wearing of any kind of "white" to a wedding is a passing tradition - look at Reese Witherspoon, her dress was pink does that mean no one was to wear pink to her wedding? I've been to plenty of weddings where guests have worn beige / white / champagne / etc... I'm sure Ramona & Alex are aware of what was "acceptable", and dressed accordingly. And if they weren't, then they made a mistake, and shame on Jill for playing the fashion police - she's not exactly one to talk

aspergers?

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Isn't that the strangest thing? It's one thing not to find a joke funny, it's another not to even recognize that it's a joke. I really think it's a cognitive impairment -- that she's incapable of abstract reasoning. It explains why she hates Bethenny. She thinks Bethenny's absurdist humor is a statement of fact.

+ Reply to Thread