+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2169Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think I'm going to like this season's Alex. She seems determined to hash out everything that irritates her instead of politely letting some things slide. It seems like they're also setting up tension between her and Simon with both working from home, and I don't like that.
    I saw her calling Jill out on an obvious lie. Jill (sitting on Snob Hill) said that she'd been told that A&S were going to the wedding but had just forgotten (because, you know, she'd be likely to forget that her enemy would be there). Then it came out that she'd been frantically texting Ramona to find out if A&S would be there. The two things couldn't be true simultaneously. Why should Alex let that slide if for no other reason that pointing it out gave her the advantage while showing Jill up for the liar she is.

Jill lives in Jill World where she is kind (while judging other people mercilessly) and loving (while sniping about pretty much everyone) and charming (except when she lies and condescends to everyone).

I think Alex would have let things slide if Jill hadn't ripped her a new one over her child raising, belittled her house, insulted her, and treated her like a common nobody. When you do that, you build your glass house, sheet by sheet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I could not even believe what Jill said about Alex. "look at her. she is socializing with people who are so far above her!" or something like that. She thinks that Bethanny 'dumped' her, apparently with no reason. She looked like she thought Bobby needed to physically protect her from Alex at that wedding.

But I agree that Alex just needs to let the whole thing with Jill go.
    Had anyone heard that line about not wearing white/cream/off-white/too much half-and-half in my coffee at a wedding before Jill and the her 'friends' slammed Ramona and Alex. See, 'good manners' and 'ettiquette" value honesty, kindness, and discretion over judging, insulting and gossiping. I can only figure that Jill & Co. weren't using their own (bad) behaviour as qualifications for their passing pronouncements.

It's really dumb IMHO; the bride wears white "traditionally" to indicate her pure virginity. However, we now say any bride can wear white. But why should she be the only one if the colour is indicative of nothing in particular (since we all know who the bride is by more than just the colour of her dress)?

Jill was vulgar and base and it seems that LaContessa couldn't help but be the same as well. Tsk Tsk.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm not sure that I'm going to like this season.
    I never liked the old Alex - I always thought she was far too much of a poseur and a social climber. I can see that she found her voice, but that voice is nasty and vindictive. Also, can anyone tell me how she's now a model?!! Sorry, but I have never found her at all attractive, she slumps over so much that she looks like she's pregnant and her teeth look chipped. Did she make the nastiest face ever after that sparring match with Jill at the wedding??!! Yikes, woman!
    She's much prettier in person, I have to say. She's rail-thin but less uncompromisingly vertical.

I still enjoy Simon. Looks like he lost his job at the hotel, so now he's setting up a website. If they dropped Alex for him, I'd be a happy camper.
    Simon's a sweetheart.

I love LuAnn's new beau, and that sexy French accent is so endearing!
    She seems happy with him so that's good. In fact she seemed significantly less snotty than before.

So far, the new lady - Cindy - seems fine. But, this is Bravo, and we all know good behavior is not often rewarded on this show.
    Yes, she does seem okay. I hope she interacts with the UES ladies and doesn't just remain downtown being arty.

Ramona's treatment of the potential employees, esp. the one she gave the beauty products to, was just horrible. I thought the girl was dressed just fine and was quite attractive, too. In my job, I interview very young people all the time and, trust me, Ramona, those women looked pretty darn good.
    It was highly unprofessional and rude what she did. She doesn't have anything resembling tact when she runs her mouth.

I didn't like the comments she made at the wedding about Cindy's brother, either. And, I'm kind of tired of her incessant - "that's just me, the way I talk", etc. She definitely likes to stir the pot and then see the fireworks explode.
    I thought it was rude and nasty of her but then she can be rude and nasty. In fact, can she be anything else?

Jill seemed like she was making a concerted effort to rein it in. She did try to do so with Alex, but thought that Alex got too over the top.
    Jill lied. Openly, brazenly, and not even because she had to. I don't find that behaviour worthy of tact. Anyway, Alex didn't out and out call her a liar, but gently skewered her which was lovely. And all gabblemouth Zarin could do was squirm.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm really curious about why Simon left the hotel biz to start his own business. Someone suggested he may have been fired from his former job at the hotel, but I suspect he wasn't fired at all, but instead, due to his relatively new quasi-celebrity status --- is trying to capitalize on that. Would love to know the backstory. And I heard that he's getting his own HW spinoff! Has anyone heard anything about that?
    All I know is if you have to tell people you've got a social networking site because nobody knows a thing about it then maybe you're not doing so well. Does anyone know the name of Simon's site for sociability?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Those photos were so much fun to look at. All the RHNY gals looked good, but Alex looked GORGEOUS. Wow, she really is photogenic. LuAnne looked so happy. Not crazy about Jill's new hairdos (the one in the picture and her severe pulled back dark haired ponytail on WWHL last week) but I give her credit for trying a few different looks.
    Jill looked like she was going bald.

FORT Fanatic

To get to Simon's web site, go to McCordvanKempendotcom. I read that elsewhere.

WOW! Ok...ummm I am in the same age bracket as Ramona & Jill. I can honestly say, with the exception of my exhusband & he doesn't count, I don't have an enemy in the world.
    Why, at that age, would you go through life fighting and arguing with people??? That is so middle school it isn't even funny anymore. The comes a point in life when you realize life is just way too short to spend your time being angry with someone & staring fights. Most of us figure that out before we hit high school. Sadly these women never get a clue & then become "stars" in their own heads.
    Simon & Bobby, grown men, fighting via twitter??? Oh lordy....sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Jill looked like she was going bald.
    They can look great, huh? I think JillZarin is channeling Bethenny. I don't think it'll work.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

"I didn't like the comments she made at the wedding about Cindy's brother, either. And, I'm kind of tired of her incessant - "that's just me, the way I talk", etc. She definitely likes to stir the pot and then see the fireworks explode."

I think she loves pushing the envelope to see how nasty and snarky she can get away with being.... hooking others into fighting with one another....... pushing just hard enough to keep backlash off herself. Sadly, she sometimes succeeds.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    They can look great, huh? I think JillZarin is channeling Bethenny. I don't think it'll work.
    My first impression was Jill was trying to out do Bethenny's Bethenny. The impression wasn't flattering to Jill at all.

+ Reply to Thread