+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

This is from McCord van Kempen website.

"This season you will see big changes for us, both at home and within the group, but as always we put each other and the boys first which helps us keep our sanity during the crazy times. We hope you enjoy watching this season as much as we did filming it, and are THRILLED to announce that Simon will be featured by Bravo online in his very own web spin off! These webisodes will stream in conjunction with Season 4."

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I can totally see Alex as a model. She's only 36, and the modeling world, in the last few years, has developed a fairly sizable market for 'older' models. (Hasn't anyone seen the last two seasons of "She's Got The Look" which is a model search for women over 35!) And the modeling agencies don't look for a 'pretty' face necessarily, they look for someone 'interesting' looking and photogenic - so in my mind, Alex totally qualifies.
    Contrary to what I previously thought, I think you're right about Alex and modeling. I also think Kelly was right, "Being a model does not mean you're pretty but that you're photogenic."
    Here's a sample of Alex's photos:
    Alex McCord | The Block Magazine

Simon has been Tweeting up a storm about Jill. It's almost as if you're afraid to look away so you don't miss anything. Apparently Bobby confronted him about this last night and it got heated but Simon said he's saving the details for the reunion.

FORT Regular

I never really liked Alex. Especially after last season's, "I've got a message from Bethany for you, Jill." She's very calculating and at her age (which might I mention, my husband and I were shocked to hear her say she was only 36. I would have believed forty-six) would know better than to "deliver" a private message in a group setting. She wants camera time and knows that hyper-drama almost guarantees it.

It was unfortunate that both she and Ramona felt it acceptable to wear off-white/cream to someone else's wedding. Even if it's the wedding of a bride who marries often, let her have the day. Don't they make dresses in other colors? Then Alex felt it necessary to stir up trouble with one of the guests. One of the guests who was invited by the bride who is a mutual friend of hers. That's just terrible behavior, but it can't just stop there. Alex was just compelled to stick her finger in the wedding cake too. I don't care if she is on record as having the cleanest hands in the world. It's not her cake to poke. Classless and rude.

LuAnne didn't bother me during the premiere and it looks like she has a great guy. He seemed a little awkward last season (maybe it's just weird to try to court a gal with cameras in your face). He seemed really funny at dinner.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by miry View Post
    . . . Alex was just compelled to stick her finger in the wedding cake too. I don't care if she is on record as having the cleanest hands in the world. It's not her cake to poke. Classless and rude.

. . .
    I find Alex trying myself, but it was Ramona (who else?) who assaulted the wedding cake by hand.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Calanthe View Post
    I find Alex trying myself, but it was Ramona (who else?) who assaulted the wedding cake by hand.
    Ahhh, Ramona. Thanks for the correction!

Those two. They have to be in love with themselves, because the majority of the world probably can't stand them.

Alex is right that JillZarin is "the queen of bs" not the queen of accountability as JillZarin likes to say.

Poor kelly, the dummy, repeating Bethenny's jokes from last season... "come to the opening of an envelope". She has no operating brain cells at all.

JillZarin, the wretch of a woman, let herself be filmed saying Alex shouldn't be socializing with people at that wedding, I think Zarin said Alex was beneath them all or something. I could throw up on that ugly wench Zarin.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Contrary to what I previously thought, I think you're right about Alex and modeling. I also think Kelly was right, "Being a model does not mean you're pretty but that you're photogenic."
    Here's a sample of Alex's photos:
    Alex McCord | The Block Magazine
    I don't get it. But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I think we can honestly say that each and every one of these women have their moments of pure bitchery and meaness to each other.
    Everytime I'm astonished at what one will say, I'm appalled by what another will say or do.
    I'm sure that's exactly what Bravo is counting on ...and it's working. Probably why I keep watching, although not with the enthusiam I once had.

From a link on another thread, I was looking at pictures of old tv stars from The Cosby Show, Facts of Life, etc (9th Annual TV Land Awards) and here was a picture of Alex and Simon from RHNYC. Wow. I would never have recognized Alex in that picture. I thought Simon was out with Jenny McCarthy!
    http://ca.tv.yahoo.com/slideshow/695/photos/1
    Apparently, the camera does love Alex.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 04-12-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think we can honestly say that each and every one of these women have their moments of pure bitchery and meaness to each other.
    Everytime I'm astonished at what one will say, I'm appalled by what another will say or do.
    I'm sure that's exactly what Bravo is counting on ...and it's working. Probably why I keep watching, although not with the enthusiam I once had.

From a link on another thread, I was looking at pictures of old tv stars from The Cosby Show, Facts of Life, etc (9th Annual TV Land Awards) and here was a picture of Alex and Simon from RHNYC. Wow. I would never have recognized Alex in that picture. I thought Simon was out with Jenny McCarthy!
    9th Annual TV Land Awards - Yahoo! TV
    Apparently, the camera does love Alex.
    Those photos were so much fun to look at. All the RHNY gals looked good, but Alex looked GORGEOUS. Wow, she really is photogenic. LuAnne looked so happy. Not crazy about Jill's new hairdos (the one in the picture and her severe pulled back dark haired ponytail on WWHL last week) but I give her credit for trying a few different looks.

+ Reply to Thread