+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #1481
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    846

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by dustypants View Post
    Early in the episode, when they were attending the art show, Kelly said in her interview that she wasn't surprised to see Alex & Simon there, that "they would come to the opening of an envelope".... didn't Bethenny say that in the first season?? Kelly is truly off, and the fact that Jill had to comment on how Kelly was normal (or whatever she said), just shows her own insecurities and how she still has to take sides even at her age. Sigh, I guess some people never really mature.

    I'm so happy to have NY back, OC has just become too trashy.
    I think it's pretty obvious that Kelly just mimics what she hears, because she is incapable of coherent thought.

    I thought that the whole "scary island" was Jill using Kelly as a ventriloquist dummy from afar. Kelly was spouting of all the nonsense she'd heard Jill and Countless saying behind Bethenny, Romona and Alex's backs, even though Kelly clearly didn't understand what the majority of it meant.

  2. #1482
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm not sure that I'm going to like this season.
    I never liked the old Alex - I always thought she was far too much of a poseur and a social climber. I can see that she found her voice, but that voice is nasty and vindictive. Also, can anyone tell me how she's now a model?!! Sorry, but I have never found her at all attractive, she slumps over so much that she looks like she's pregnant and her teeth look chipped.
    Yep, Alex seems to be taking that new found "voice" too far and just comes off as aggressively b*tchy. I had to laugh when talking about her new modeling jobs that she was just blessed with good looks because her parents were good looking. She's tall and lanky like a model but that's about as far as it goes. Not to mention: OLD.

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Ramona's treatment of the potential employees, esp. the one she gave the beauty products to, was just horrible. I thought the girl was dressed just fine and was quite attractive, too. I didn't like the comments she made at the wedding about Cindy's brother, either. And, I'm kind of tired of her incessant - "that's just me, the way I talk", etc. She definitely likes to stir the pot and then see the fireworks explode.
    I agree about Ramona and feel that "just me, the way I talk" does not excuse what you say. We can all use improvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that Kelly just mimics what she hears, because she is incapable of coherent thought.
    Kelly was spouting of all the nonsense she'd heard even though Kelly clearly didn't understand what the majority of it meant.
    Exactly. Just listening to all the strange phrases ( satchels of gold, Al Sharpton, etc) she uses when most don't even seem appropriate or have anything to do with what's being said, it's obvious, she just regurgitates things she's heard but that's the extent of her knowledge.

  3. #1483
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that Kelly just mimics what she hears, because she is incapable of coherent thought.

    I thought that the whole "scary island" was Jill using Kelly as a ventriloquist dummy from afar. Kelly was spouting of all the nonsense she'd heard Jill and Countless saying behind Bethenny, Romona and Alex's backs, even though Kelly clearly didn't understand what the majority of it meant.
    Some of it probably was coming from LuAnn and Jill, but some of it I think was her own crazy, especially the stuff about Bethenny not being a chef.

    But I also think that Kelly has no sense of humor. She doesn't get jokes. So when the others joke in front of her about Sonja and her men or Ramona and her Pinot Grigio, she doesn't get that it's a joke and repeats it as if it were serious.

  4. #1484
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    58

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    These ladies have gotten really full of themselves. Sad to see because I used to really love them.

    Ramona has always ran her mouth at the wrong time. No surprise there.

    Alex drives me nuts. She is getting way too aggressive for my taste.

    The new girl. Jury is still out.

    The Countess appears to be the same.

    Jill. No words for her.

    All of these ladies need to come back to reality.

  5. #1485
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    ABSOLUTELY! Learned something? Not a thing, except maybe how to be a bigger you-know-what. Wow!

    Did you see her on Watch What Happens Live? She looked ridiculous! Dress age appropriately PLEASE!
    OMG!!! I felt the same way. Saying you were dressing like Madonna...please...if anything Jill was trying to dress more like Bethenny; the dark hair worn gathered on top.
    I don't know why I wathec but like a moth attracted to light I couldn't keep away.
    Trying to compare Cindy to Bethenny is like comparing a twinkie to creme brulee. I prefer brulee bethenny anyday of the week meltdowns & all. I'm not sure if I will contiune watching or not.

  6. #1486
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    29

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I get the feeling Alex's newfound aggressiveness is calculated. Of all the housewives, she's been the most level-headed and kind, and that seems to be her true personality.

    But she's also savvy and ambitious. I think she's positioning herself to be this season's breakout b****, because the b***** gets the most airtime.
    Agreed. She needs as much face time as possible if she is going to promote her book, her modeling (?) career and keep Simon on the payroll.

  7. #1487
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I can totally see Alex as a model. She's only 36, and the modeling world, in the last few years, has developed a fairly sizable market for 'older' models. (Hasn't anyone seen the last two seasons of "She's Got The Look" which is a model search for women over 35!) And the modeling agencies don't look for a 'pretty' face necessarily, they look for someone 'interesting' looking and photogenic - so in my mind, Alex totally qualifies.

    I'm really curious about why Simon left the hotel biz to start his own business. Someone suggested he may have been fired from his former job at the hotel, but I suspect he wasn't fired at all, but instead, due to his relatively new quasi-celebrity status --- is trying to capitalize on that. Would love to know the backstory. And I heard that he's getting his own HW spinoff! Has anyone heard anything about that?

  8. #1488
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    941

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I can totally see Alex as a model. She's only 36, and the modeling world, in the last few years, has developed a fairly sizable market for 'older' models. (Hasn't anyone seen the last two seasons of "She's Got The Look" which is a model search for women over 35!) And the modeling agencies don't look for a 'pretty' face necessarily, they look for someone 'interesting' looking and photogenic - so in my mind, Alex totally qualifies. I'm really curious about why Simon left the hotel biz to start his own business. Someone suggested he may have been fired from his former job at the hotel, but I suspect he wasn't fired at all, but instead, due to his relatively new quasi-celebrity status --- is trying to capitalize on that. Would love to know the backstory. And I heard that he's getting his own HW spinoff! Has anyone heard anything about that?



    First highlight: Totally agree with you on Alex fitting the kind of models one sees now, not necessarily beautiful, but with features that photograph well. Besides, she's tall and thin and can model clothes that most of us can't.


    Second highlight: I would watch Simon in a new HW spinoff, although have not read or heard of such. He's a hoot! Didn't particularly like either of them the first season, but they have grown on me. Maybe we need the male version of the HW's franchise, as I'm getting tired of the female ones, esp. the raunchy OC!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  9. #1489
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    240

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I haven't heard of a HW spinoff (at least by Bravo) - but he does have a web show. I think they're both capitalizing on this opportunity (RHoNY) and milking it for all they can... just like Bethenny did. Very smart business move.

  10. #1490
    FORT Fogey candor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    But I also think that Kelly has no sense of humor. She doesn't get jokes.
    Isn't that the strangest thing? It's one thing not to find a joke funny, it's another not to even recognize that it's a joke. I really think it's a cognitive impairment -- that she's incapable of abstract reasoning. It explains why she hates Bethenny. She thinks Bethenny's absurdist humor is a statement of fact.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.