+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Satchels of gold has got to be the best tag line of all time.
    I agree and am still dying to know what it refers to!
    Kelly gave us so much to remember on that Boat Ride to The Twilight Zone.
    Probably the most interesting and shocking footage ever on Housewives.
    Thank you, Kelly!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Looks like Joe is not the only Giudice who can't stay out of trouble. . . Here's a little more information about the brawl the couple got into when they were traveling in the Dominican Republic in Feb. Apparently, the trip was filmed by Bravo, but they won't be airing the fight scene. I'm surprised --- this is usually what Bravo lives for!

(From popeater.com -
    http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/30/teresa-giudice-bar-fight/)

'NEW JERSEY HOUSEWIFE' TERESA GIUDICE GETS PUNCHED IN THE FACE AT A BAR

It looks like Teresa Giudice can't escape a fight, even when she is in another country.

According to RadarOnline.com, details have emerged about a bar brawl that took place between the cast of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' and patrons at a bar last month, and Giudice was right in the center of it.

Giudice and the cast were vacationing in the Dominican Republic, and they were partying at the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana on Feb. 23 when the festivities got a little out of hand.

A show insider is reported saying, "It was late, they were on vacation, and she [Giudice] was just having fun. She opened the champagne and just started spraying it everywhere, and it went all over this woman near her."

Unfortunately, the woman's husband did not take kindly to Giudice's behavior, and he got into a physical altercation with the 'Housewife.'

The insider says, "It was crazy, he got really angry and punched Teresa in the face."

Giudice's husband, Joe, and two other husbands of the 'Housewives' confronted the man. Joe was seen fighting with the husband and struck another patron with a glass while more people joined in the fight.

The source reports that members of Bravo who were present helped break up the fight, and the local police were also called.

The police arrested all the parties involved in the fight, which turned out to be eight people. The passports of all those arrested were seized until the local lawyers came in to smooth things over.

The injured patrons made a complaint to the police, and one of the victims even had a fracture in his arm.

The trip was being filmed for the upcoming season of 'Housewives,' but the fight will not be aired.

This is not the only trouble that Joe Giudice has got into recently. Last week he was arrested and charged with fraudulently obtaining a state driver's license.

In June 2010, Giudice allegedly visited the DMV, presented his brother's identification materials (reportedly his brother's marriage license and birth certificate) and got a driver's license for his own use.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 03-31-2011 at 08:22 AM.

FORT Fogey

Well, in this case Juicy was defendin' da honah of his lady.

They've been showing a lot of the old episodes which I'd missed.
    In most, Ramona appeared to be throwing Jill under the bus, telling Bethenny how she was just an "underdog" for Jill and that's why Jill was helping her.
    Bethenny really disagreed with Ramona, and this was all apart from the notorious Brooklyn Bridge episode between Bethenny & Ramona.
    So, it's sad to see how Bethenny's / Jill's friendship deteriorated so much. And, surprising to see now how "tight" Ramona and Bethenny are.
    They showed a scene of Simon / Alex cutting pumpkins with the twins on their front steps. Both Alex and Simon had on tall witches' hats for the occasion. I hate to say it, but even without witches' makeup, Alex looked just like a witch.
    There was another scene where Simon purchased some burlap encrusted bustier for Alex to wear. Donation was to go to charity. I thought that was nice to see, but that bustier sure brought up visions of Lucy and Ethel when they thought they were getting Paris designer originals, only to find out that Ricky and Fred had tricked them.
    There were a lot of online signs showing how much had been paid for different items - Jill's purse, Alex's bustier, etc. Seems like they no longer show this on the Housewives. Does anybody know if the viewers complained and that's why Bravo stopped?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    They've been showing a lot of the old episodes which I'd missed.
    In most, Ramona appeared to be throwing Jill under the bus, telling Bethenny how she was just an "underdog" for Jill and that's why Jill was helping her.
    Bethenny really disagreed with Ramona, and this was all apart from the notorious Brooklyn Bridge episode between Bethenny & Ramona.
    So, it's sad to see how Bethenny's / Jill's friendship deteriorated so much.
    In hindsight, we can really see that Ramona knew Jill well. At the time, I thought she was just being unusually cruel but she was right all along.
    I, for one, an so glad that Bethanny finally realized how little Jill valued their friendship and didn't do the phony makeup scene. It takes a very brave woman to do that. Bethanny is crazy, manic and nuts in a lot of ways but she knows when to not allow someone so detrimental to her life continue to be in it and in time, would again hurt Bethanny.
    "Fool me once, etc etc etc"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    In hindsight, we can really see that Ramona knew Jill well. At the time, I thought she was just being unusually cruel but she was right all along.
    I, for one, an so glad that Bethanny finally realized how little Jill valued their friendship and didn't do the phony makeup scene. It takes a very brave woman to do that. Bethanny is crazy, manic and nuts in a lot of ways but she knows when to not allow someone so detrimental to her life continue to be in it and in time, would again hurt Bethanny.
    "Fool me once, etc etc etc"
    A little 'armchair psychology' here. . . I think that Jill was a kind of mother-figure for Bethenny --- and Bethenny was originally drawn to Jill becaue Jill was, for a long time, very nurturing and caring to Bethenny --- BUT after having had the horrendous past with her own mother, Bethenny was EXTREMELY hurt and traumatized by Jill's actions and accusations, and after trying so many times to make things right between them, Bethenny had to permanently terminate the relationship with Jill so she wouldn't get hurt again, the way she had been hurt by her real mother. . .

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    They've been showing a lot of the old episodes ......?
    OMG, this has been my Housewife salvation

The first 3 seasons of NY were so awesome, it's been fun reliving and being reminded of the events and quirks of the HW's!

I guess I need this because when the new season starts without Bethenny, I'm going to need some motivation. Right now, I'm only a Ramona and Alex fan... with a little bit of LuAnn fandom going on.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    A little 'armchair psychology' here. . . I think that Jill was a kind of mother-figure for Bethenny --- and Bethenny was originally drawn to Jill becaue Jill was, for a long time, very nurturing and caring to Bethenny --- BUT after having had the horrendous past with her own mother, Bethenny was EXTREMELY hurt and traumatized by Jill's actions and accusations, and after trying so many times to make things right between them, Bethenny had to permanently terminate the relationship with Jill so she wouldn't get hurt again, the way she had been hurt by her real mother. . .
    Imperfect1, I think you are absolutely right here. The admirable thing is that Bethanny "learned and learned well" not to ever trust someone who would willing cause her great hurt even once. She recognized that some people just have a mean streak and no conscience about what they do, aka Jill and her mother........and let's throw in her father there too!

Jill Zarin & Bobby were on Celebrity Apprentice last night.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Jill Zarin & Bobby were on Celebrity Apprentice last night.
    Why?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

+ Reply to Thread