+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2515Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I didnt watch ANY of this most recent season and have caught the last 2 eps. all i can say about Kelly is WTH?!? She is really delusional. And Jill is so self centered!! The first season Jill was one of my faves and I didnt really like anyone else, funny that now it has flipped. I LOVE Bethanny now, almost to where I want to watch season 1 again because I know I'll see her in a different light.

I hope they play the reunion shows too, I will stay up all night lmao
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

I worry about Kelly. Apparently the 'satchels of gold' comment really was rational - Bethenny had used it to Kelly off-camera a few days before, so Kelly used it right back at her. But the rest of the time I felt sorry for Kelly - she wasn't her usual self. Which let's face it was nutty enough to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I worry about Kelly. Apparently the 'satchels of gold' comment really was rational - Bethenny had used it to Kelly off-camera a few days before, so Kelly used it right back at her. But the rest of the time I felt sorry for Kelly - she wasn't her usual self. Which let's face it was nutty enough to begin with.
    I hadn't heard this. Do you know what Bethanny was referring to when she used the term? I've never found a plausible explaination of those words.
    Yes, poor Kelly...she truly is a messed up and confused person and she will never know just how the public views her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I hadn't heard this. Do you know what Bethanny was referring to when she used the term? I've never found a plausible explaination of those words.
    Yes, poor Kelly...she truly is a messed up and confused person and she will never know just how the public views her.
    I do remember Bethanny explaining what the "satchels" reference was all about, but said nothing in public because she enjoyed the public thinking Kelly was crazy because of the "satchel" reference. They edited out everything else, so no one knew what she was talking about. Bethenney did. LOL

Smart move.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Um, I remember that statement as well, and she made it on the reunion, actually in defense of Kelly. And why shouldn't she let Kelly take the heat for what she says??

FORT Fogey

Well, because it is kinda mean to let somebody take an exaggerated heat for what she said. Not that Kelly, at that point, merited much mercy from Bethenny "Ho-bags" Frankel.

Hmm.....I remember satchels of gold but I thought it was on the boat to Scary Island.........when Kelly and Bethanny were arguing whether it was "cook or chef."
    But I watch soooo many Housewives I can get them easily confused.

Speaking of this, I found something funny online:
    (hope I'm doing this right and giving appropriate credit and legitimacy per rules)

Satchels Of Gold
    by Kelly Bensimon
    edited by Alex Grabie

She has knives on her tongue.
    She’s filled with knives.
    It’s like 1979
    Am I like this?
    Am I like that?
    I’m a yes person, you’re a no person.
    You’re cunning and deceitful
    and it’s creepy.

Lemons into Lemonade!
    Lemons into Lemonade!
    I’m going now,
    to my happy place of cartwheels
    and rainbows
    and people being genuine to one another.

I threw up
    the night before.
    I’m sick of taking
    my lollies and my gummies.
    In my defense, that’s what makes people crazy about me.

Are you guys having a moment?
    Are you going to make out with tongue?
    She made her cry.

Zip it! Satchels of gold
    Zip it! Kabuki vampire
    It’s not a forum.
    This is all white noise.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 03-27-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    Exactly! I'm totally fascinated with New York itself and would really love to see more of the housewives showing off their city and not just fussing and fighting with each other. Show us some New York garage sales or a typical person's day or something. Stroll the neighborhoods, have the ladies do some fun touristy stuff, show them visiting the New York public library, the museum of modern art, go hang out in Times Square. Better yet, let me do all that and I'll throw in a catfight or two to keep it edgy.
    I'm months behind on this line of thought, but wanted to add that this is one of the things I'm enjoying about the Miami housewives-- I like the how they get together each week for lunch each week and take turns providing the meal. You still get the interaction between the women, but also get to to see different chefs and restaurants (or pig farms!).

It looks like the Real Housewives franchises are going to move even further away from their local bases in future seasons. With NJ going to Italy and the Dominican republic, BH going to Cabo this week, and NY going *somewhere* -- at least, according to the commercials -- not only will they ignore their own cities in favor of catfights, they'll ignore the backdrop of the rest of the world, too.

I'm with you, Elizabeth -- send me to these great places and I will gladly do the tourist thing as well as instigate a minor catfight or two

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Hmm.....I remember satchels of gold but I thought it was on the boat to Scary Island.........when Kelly and Bethanny were arguing whether it was "cook or chef."
    But I watch soooo many Housewives I can get them easily confused.
    Sorry - it was on the boat to Hell Isle. BTW: Great find!

Satchels of gold has got to be the best tag line of all time.

+ Reply to Thread