+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2201Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4080736;
    So LuLu's going to Broadway? Who woulda' thunk?
    Read about that also.
    Amusing to hear that she loves Broadway and has always had an affinity for the theatre...... but it's all dependent on availability. This is something she wants to consider and pursue and with the right show, at the right time and the right availability, it will happen.

Yep, the right time, the right availability and knowing the right people.
    I think that plays the biggest part because if it were only dependent on time and availability, a lot of out of work actors would be on Broadway. And shouldn't acting talent play some part also????

Here's the article:
    'Real Housewives of New York' star Countess LuAnn de Lesseps plans Broadway debut

By Anthony Benigno
    Daily News Writer
    Saturday, October 9th 2010, 4:00 AM

Broadway may be getting a royal debut very soon: Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, a mainstay on "The Real Housewives of New York," is looking into making her stage debut on the Great White Way.

The Countess' move to Broadway has long been rumored, but RadarOnline.com reports the housewife has officially taken meetings with casting directors for "Chicago" and "La Cage Aux Folles" in the hopes of setting up a stage run.

"She loves Broadway shows and has always had an affinity for the theatre and Broadway and an affinity for singing," de Lesseps' rep told the gossip site. "But it's all dependent on availability."

Because "The Real Housewives of New York" is currently filming, the Countess' stage debut will have to wait until at least January, when the hit Bravo show wraps production on season 4.

But more than just a passion for the stage, the Countess' rep insists the Broadway venture is about reinvention for the reality star.

She has already signed with Ultra Records and has plans to release her single, "Chic C'est la Vie," around early 2011. Broadway, then, is just part of her plan.

"She's intrigued to try something different and start a new chapter in her life," said the rep. "It has to fit in with her schedule, but it's a challenge she's up for."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I can see LuLu as a stage or even screen performer. She's pretty theatrical as it is and she has a unique look and demeanor. I think she'd be engaging in the right roles.

I actually like her a lot. I think Broadway would be a good vehicle for her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by KurlyKatieK;4080469;
    living on the upper east side.... front row seats during fashion week... summers in the hamptons... private jets.... how can anyone insinuate these woman arent wealthy??

Simple...returning clothing to stores after you were photographed wearing them, the bankruptcies, the down-sizing or selling homes. I very much doubt Jill would receive a penny from Zarin Fabrics if she & Bobby were to divorce.

Like someone said in a previous post, REAL money doesn't have to flaunt it. I mean seriously...who here buys a new purse & then tells everyone how much it cost? While the women don't actually say how much something cost, BRAVO sure does with the subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4086275;
    Simple...returning clothing to stores after you were photographed wearing them, the bankruptcies, the down-sizing or selling homes. I very much doubt Jill would receive a penny from Zarin Fabrics if she & Bobby were to divorce.

Like someone said in a previous post, REAL money doesn't have to flaunt it. I mean seriously...who here buys a new purse & then tells everyone how much it cost? While the women don't actually say how much something cost, BRAVO sure does with the subtitles.
    And BRAVO does that with their permission.
    I agree with you. In fact, I go far to the other side that I really dislike it when people now days think it's ok to ask someone how much something costs. I'm talking about expensive things, like houses, designer bags/clothing or cars. I was brought up to think that was rude and now, with the internet, you can pretty much find out what anything costs, esp. houses.
    I feel very uncomfortable when people do that, mostly when they are in a less financial position than I am. I try not to talk about any major purchases because I don't want to make people feel bad if they can't afford something like that, especially young people who can't compare to older people's expendable income.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4081154;
    I actually like her a lot. I think Broadway would be a good vehicle for her.
    I like her too. I think she is one of my favorites.

FORT Newbie

Um, I am about speechless. Bethenny is on Skating with the Stars......

Bethenny has been on at least 5 reality shows so far. Nothing she does seems to surprise me, anymore.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by onmycell;4096865;
    Um, I am about speechless. Bethenny is on Skating with the Stars......
    Well, rats!
    I was so hoping that Jill would be on it since we saw how brilliantly she skated at her party!!!! and she has a cute little outfit to wear also!

+ Reply to Thread