+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2112Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

I think most of these NYC women do have a lot of money.
    Jill's husband's family's business has been a NY institution for more than 50 years.
    Ramona makes a lot of money.
    Sonja married one of the Morgans and that's her real home, too.
    Kelly had been a model and writer and got a big divorce settlent from her husband, so that's her real home, too.
    And we all know where the Countess got her money.
    So, I think these women really do have the homes and the money they claim.
    I'm strictly talking about NYC here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'd prefer Kelly get the help she needs versus being on this show. Not being snarky either. Her behavior was disturbing and she needs professional help.

I like Sonia and I'm glad Alex will be back. I figured Ramona would be. Pretty funny if Jill thought she'd be the star and she is getting less face time now versus more with Bethany leaving. I like Bethany and I'm glad that after wrapping this show up she will just be starring on her own show. Much as I will miss her I think that is the right decision for not just herself but her baby and hubby as well.

Just my opinion; People with real wealth never talk about it or flaunt it. They don't have to.................

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4066319;
    Just my opinion; People with real wealth never talk about it or flaunt it. They don't have to.................
    Kinda hard to generalize though. There's all kinds of people with 'real wealth' -- some of whom talk about it and flaunt it, and some don't.

Maybe it's the difference between new money and old money.

FORT Fogey

Sonja definately has big money via her husband. Still, as she mentioned last season, she had to scale back on things after the divorce. I don't think the others are off-the-charts-rich, nor do I think they have as much money as Sonja, but it's clear they have loads more than even the "rich" people that I know.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.

FORT Newbie

living on the upper east side.... front row seats during fashion week... summers in the hamptons... private jets.... how can anyone insinuate these woman arent wealthy??

Without Bethany, it just won't be the same for me. I loved this cast the best out of all the housewives and I really enjoyed Bethany interacting with them.
    But, I'm glad her life includes better things now. Despite her issues, I do think she was the most normal of all of the RHNY cast and I'm glad that she has found lots of happiness in her life now.
    I just feel "eh" about the others.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4080555;
    Without Bethany, it just won't be the same for me. I loved this cast the best out of all the housewives and I really enjoyed Bethany interacting with them.
    But, I'm glad her life includes better things now. Despite her issues, I do think she was the most normal of all of the RHNY cast and I'm glad that she has found lots of happiness in her life now.
    I just feel "eh" about the others.
    Totally agree mina. But the good news is that we get to see Bethenny fairly often now. Not only does she have her own show and a very cute/attractive interesting website, but she's on other shows from time to time. She was just on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (on which she was totally adorable and self-effacing), and next week I believe she's going to be on Rachel Ray's show on Monday evening.

So LuLu's going to Broadway? Who woulda' thunk?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread