+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2099Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Jennifer Gilbert, the event planner.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Yes, her! She turned out to be quite a dud didn't she? Thanks!

I will miss Sonia but I am not surprised she's not coming back.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4061494;
    I will miss Sonia but I am not surprised she's not coming back.
    Well, Ramona said Sonja IS coming back.

FORT Fogey

Oh, well good! I hope she can continue to stay above it then. I also hope Jill and Bethenny can mend their relationship. Why is Kelly even there anymore? The Kelly/Bethenny drama is over.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4061481;
    Jennifer Gilbert, the event planner.
    In saying what she did to Ramona's wedding planner, she turned me off. All the housewives say stupid things for stupid reasons. And, they say mean things when they *think* it is deserved.

But what, why, and how she said it indicated a woman desperately trying to fit in with the in crowd. It was completely unprovoked and mean at a really child-like level.

She doesn't have the meatballs to hang with the likes of Jill, Sonja, or Ramona.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4061498;
    Well, Ramona said Sonja IS coming back.
    I'm sooo glad to hear that Sonja will be back. She does play up her sexual side a lot....maybe a little too much? but I still like her. You know exactly what she's thinking but she's never been rude or unkind to anyone.

I wonder if Jill is only coming back part time because it was the compromise she had to make with Bravo to stay on the show. She seemed adamant that she would not return if Alex was on the show but maybe she didn't have enough clout to get rid of Alex by saying she wouldn't return. I can't see Jill giving up her new celebrity that she seems to revel in and what has turned her into a mean girl. I really, really like Jill in the begining but she showed a side of her last season that she will never be able to overcome, at least in my opinion. I can overlook and understand occasional rudeness, meaness but her over the top feud with Bethanny went too far and too long. And then she turned it on to Alex without Alex doing anything directly to her.
    Her mean streak runs deep and wide.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4061265;
    Thanks for this! I'd love to know if this plays out and if it was by choice for Jill. Jill was so ugly this last year and she repeatedly said she wouldn't come back if Alex returned. I'm hoping that Alex trumped her. That would give her a much needed dose of humility.

This is still my favorite group of housewives - from all seasons. I'm o.k. with Sonja leaving, and I'm really glad Kelly is bumped to part-time. It won't be the same without Bethany though (even though I hear she turned into a major primadonna on the heals of her new show). I guess we'll see.

Ramona remains my favorite. Vicki from the OC is a close #2.
    I think it was just the opposite for Jill. According to the US Magazine article, she apparently expected to be the star, once Bethenny was gone --- but instead she got demoted to being only part-time. Huge blow to her ego.

And Bethenny didn't turn into a primadonna at all --- in fact just the opposite. She said that she didn't want to return to RHNY because last season was so scary and unpleasant for her, that she didn't want to expose her little daughter Bryn to all of that. (Of course she is contractually obligated to make a few limited appearances on RHNY.) And that on her own show, it would just be showing her day to day life -- and not have anything unpleasant for her baby to be exposed to.

PS Just to clarify, the US article didn't say that Sonia was leaving. It just didn't mention her at all -- one way or the other.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-16-2010 at 07:30 AM.

I would think Sonjia is keeping pretty lowprofile after her DWI arrest. Getting filmed while wasted would not be in her best interests especially if her case is yet to be adjucated. Did I get that right Poppy??

Just saw this:
    Find Out the Rumored New NYC Housewife! | Story | Wonderwall

The thing is, I just don't care anymore. I am just really over all of this. I am tired of fake, phoney women who parade around in borrowed homes that they claim as their own, clothes they either borrorrowed or "returned" Ms Zarin or bought at a designer sale. With the exception of Sonjia & really doubt any of them have any sizeable fortune in ALL of the RHW series put together.

I am considering getting a Netflix subscription & watch real acting.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4064772;
    Just saw this:
    Find Out the Rumored New NYC Housewife! | Story | Wonderwall

The thing is, I just don't care anymore. I am just really over all of this. I am tired of fake, phoney women who parade around in borrowed homes that they claim as their own, clothes they either borrorrowed or "returned" Ms Zarin or bought at a designer sale. With the exception of Sonjia & really doubt any of them have any sizeable fortune in ALL of the RHW series put together.

I am considering getting a Netflix subscription & watch real acting.
    I should be over it also, but I find that I do enjoy watching these women conduct their lives, especially in NYC. I don't really care about who's wealthy and who isn't. I'm more interested in what's going on between them, what they do and who they do it with, and generally how they live their lives. If nothing else, these gals certainly aren't boring! And even though I spend a lot of time shaking my head and rolling my eyes --- that's okay. It's entertainment!

And PS, I will miss Bethenny on the show very, very much. I'm glad she'll at least be there a little bit --- but I will especially miss her humor and humanity. So glad she's got her own show now, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-21-2010 at 09:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread