+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4016332;
    Somewhere along the line I saw an interview with Kelly and this made me laugh. She said when she first started filming Bravo she just showed up however she was that day, kind of like a Come As You Are party. Bravo told her she needed to be more presentable and wear a little makeup.
    To me, that just sounds like more of Kelly's nonsense. Who is filmed on tv without makeup on???? Men, women, children, maybe even geckos have lots of makeup on. Every show has makeup artists, costume/fashion stylists. No one is filmed "come as you are" unless it's Candid Camera. And let me take that even further: Who, for that matter, believes anything Kelly says???

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4054068;
    To me, that just sounds like more of Kelly's nonsense. Who is filmed on tv without makeup on???? Men, women, children, maybe even geckos have lots of makeup on. Every show has makeup artists, costume/fashion stylists. No one is filmed "come as you are" unless it's Candid Camera. And let me take that even further: Who, for that matter, believes anything Kelly says???
    Ha! You're so right dragonlady! I wouldn't believe anything that Kelly says, except in this case it might have been true, but only because Kelly is so in her own world that she probably doesn't often know what's going on, and also because she's so egotistical (egomaniacal, actually) that she probably thinks she's so beautiful that she doesn't need any makeup!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4054109;
    Ha! You're so right dragonlady! I wouldn't believe anything that Kelly says, except in this case it might have been true, but only because Kelly is so in her own world that she probably doesn't often know what's going on, and also because she's so egotistical (egomaniacal, actually) that she probably thinks she's so beautiful that she doesn't need any makeup!
    Or maybe it has to do with the fact that she is a fashion model and has never done her own make-up? Perhaps she just assumed they were going to make her up before she went in front of the camera?

"Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4054068;
    Those who also enjoy running in traffic?

I think it's just another part of her "I drive a pickup truck, my children are my life, lollipops and rainbows, I'm the nice one and you're all evil" bit. And I don't buy a word of it.

FORT Fogey

I buy it because it looked like she was not wearing make up much of the time in her first season.

FORT Fogey

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear. I DO buy that she wasn't wearing make-up. What I don't buy is her reasoning. I think it's a very deliberate move to create this image of herself that she thinks is attractive, when in reality it doesn't add up.

I think she probably, though, was at least wearing foundation, or even just a translucent powder or something. The camera does weird things to your skin tone, if you're not wearing make up at all.

FORT Fogey

Oh, I disagree wholeheartedly. She said it as an aside and did not make as big a deal of it as has been made here.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4055114;
    I buy it because it looked like she was not wearing make up much of the time in her first season.
    She may have not worn any foundation in the first few shows which were set in the Hamptons & she was sporting that freaky leather skin look of hers. I'm sure she almost always used eye makeup -- definitely in NYC @ fashion shows, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;4057531;
    She may have not worn any foundation in the first few shows which were set in the Hamptons & she was sporting that freaky leather skin look of hers. I'm sure she almost always used eye makeup -- definitely in NYC @ fashion shows, etc.
    I don't doubt that she was wearing some kind of makeup. Most women wear either (some) lipstick or mascara. TV or movie make up is an entirely different story. It's not natural and not suppose to be what a, normal, person would wear on a regular day. When she says that she's not wearing makeup I assume that she means that she's not made up for the cameras. Kelly knows the (huge) difference!

+ Reply to Thread