+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

  1. #1201
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I also think Alex and Simon have their own lives, their own friends, outside this show, so they didn't need to bond to anyone the way the others did. I think that if Ramona likes you, she's just a very warm person by nature, which is why she seems close to everyone, and I think that Bethenny is pretty lonely and has some emotional turmoil, which is why she wound up so close to Jill.

  2. #1202
    FORT Fanatic canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    515

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3986534;
    I don't think anyone takes Kelly seriously enough to like or not like, or make up or not make up a friendship based on anything she thinks. Jill was determined to hang on to her perceived affronts with or without Kelly.
    Just saw some website (there's so many I can't remember them) -- but it was a headline to the effect that Kelly B will consider returning to RHONY only if the people who are on there with her are "for real." (I'm paraphrasing.) She even went on to say -- "Even Bethenny because she now has a different set of values." (I guess that means because she's now married and has a kid.)

    Can you imagine? I'm sure Bethenny's values are exactly the same.....whatever "values" means.

    Oh, yeah, and the article goes on to ask the "yes" or "no" question as to whether we would like to see her back.

    All the comments (except for one) stated to get rid of her, no way, she's boring, yada yada yada. Hmmm -- curious if it's one of those focus group studies. Laughed my butt off!

  3. #1203
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    I don't think she's boring at all. She'll be back because she can't resist the limelight.

  4. #1204
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3987367;
    Having watched all of this last season & it's trials and tribulations and adding that to all (so far) of Bethanny Gets Married? I am even more certain that Jill must have been just itching for a fight with Beth. Most likely, as discussed here, because she was jealous of Bethanny's growing fame. She had just become used to being the darling of RHNYC and liked it just fine.

    If you're really close and good friends, you know that person well, so how could Jill react so negatively to Beth saying "you need a hobby?" That's such a typical Bethanny comment. I don't know Bethanny but I know exactly what she meant; why wouldn't Jill know and understand her flippant scarcasm?

    And if my good friend didn't come around when my husband was dealing w/cancer and surgery, I'd figure out that something was wrong, like communication rather than jumping to the worst conclusions. If I had a close friend, I would prob ask her where the heck she is when I need her. Why would she be my good friend if she's the type to flake out when you need them most? I think Jill just built it up and up in her head and used it as an excuse to rid herself of Bethanny (or de-throne her) and then maybe once again she could be the star of the show. Jill may have realized this by the end of the season. Little did she know that it would all backfire on her. Now she's the least favorite member of the show. Personally, I would like Kelly before Jill because I can at least excuse a lot of Kelly's words and actions because she's just crazy. Jill's just mean and petty. I'll take crazy over mean any day.
    I know all of this has been discussed here by all of the posters and I'm just repeating. There was just so much going on this season and I just needed to step back and look at each situation more clearly.
    sorry to have babbled on and on.
    I agree with you 100%. And if Bethenny hadn't gotten pregnant and married, it might have worked. I think that is why there was such a change at the end - because Jill realized her plan backfired because everyone in America was going to be happy for Bethenny and Jill was going to come off as the jealous old harpy who couldn't be happy for her "friend"!

  5. #1205
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,375

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3990979;
    I don't think she's boring at all. She'll be back because she can't resist the limelight.



    I'm sure SHE wants to come back - but do TPTB want her back????

  6. #1206
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Now that RHNY is a few weeks behind us -- I still think Bethenny handled NY just fine and she still makes me laugh.

    Jill doesn't much raise my ire; she's just a broken down old hag, not so happily married to a homely old man with money, more's the pity. Kelly Kevlar Brain, well she's little more than a dunce with long legs. Ramona is clever but mean to those she dislikes - hmmm like a lot of people.

    The real wench is the pretentious and wholly unlikeable LuLu. She's a calculating egomaniac, and I'm sure she goes around surreptitiously hurting everyone she possibly can.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  7. #1207
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,893

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4004671;
    Now that RHNY is a few weeks behind us -- I still think Bethenny handled NY just fine and she still makes me laugh.

    Jill doesn't much raise my ire; she's just a broken down old hag, not so happily married to a homely old man with money, more's the pity. Kelly Kevlar Brain, well she's little more than a dunce with long legs. Ramona is clever but mean to those she dislikes - hmmm like a lot of people.

    The real wench is the pretentious and wholly unlikeable LuLu. She's a calculating egomaniac, and I'm sure she goes around surreptitiously hurting everyone she possibly can.
    Each and every one of the housewives are mess and somewhat dysfunctional in some way. But that's why we watch. At least, that's why I do.

  8. #1208
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4005069;
    Each and every one of the housewives are mess and somewhat dysfunctional in some way. But that's why we watch. At least, that's why I do.
    LOL, well, that could pretty well be said for most of us! But that's not why I watch. . . I'm always curious about their lives, and am so interested in what they do to fill their time. I loved the original concept of the "Real Housewives" and wish TPTB would give us more 'fly on the wall eavesdropping' and less conflict. I know that some people think that shows without conflict are not interesting enough, but I disagree. And, there are lots of reality shows now (like Bethenny, Tori + Dean, Ruby, The Little Couple, Holly's World, etc.) that just share people's lives with us, and they don't have to get into battles with other people. A small amount of conflict is fine (like Kell on Earth, Rachel Zoe Project, etc) but the newish trend toward 'combative reality tv' is just too much for me. There's enough violence and conflict in the REAL world. For me, this type of tv watching is my escape from that.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 07-26-2010 at 08:45 AM.

  9. #1209
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4005069;
    Each and every one of the housewives are mess and somewhat dysfunctional in some way. But that's why we watch. At least, that's why I do.
    This is why I watch all Bravo reality TV. I'm not so much a fan as an anti-fan.

  10. #1210
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    240

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.