+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3980291;
    I kinda' wish it wouldn't be picked up for another season. Ramona and Sonya are the only decent ones on there -- Alex is incredibly boring, Kelly has nothing to offer, and I certainly don't want Jill to have any more TV time -- she needs to be knocked down about 12 pegs.
    This is a good point. They really crashed and burned this season - so much so that I don't know if its reparable.

I used to give Kelly B. the benefit of the doubt but it was her arrival that seemed to start the downward spiral of everything else. Not that she caused all of it (e.g. Jill vs. Alex), but the energy changed and fighting was in the air.

It will be really interesting to see how they handle it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;3980288;
    If Bravo limits themselves to replacing just one of the women...I pick Kelly to go.I still can't stand Jill or Lu....but they are mostly mean....where Kelly could be dangerous.

Maybe Ramona..Alex and Sonja can spend more of their time visiting Bethenny.
    Also, I've seen Jill and Lu be nice/normal. Can't say that about the Kell of the Wild.

FORT Fogey

I also think that if Kelly hadn't been there, Jill and Lulu would have been more inclined to work things out with Bethenny, because they wouldn't have had someone who just bizarrely hated Bethenny to agree with them even when they were completely wrong. Kelly reinforced their pretending that Bethenny was someone to be avoided and was toxic, etc.

FORT Fogey

I don't think anyone takes Kelly seriously enough to like or not like, or make up or not make up a friendship based on anything she thinks. Jill was determined to hang on to her perceived affronts with or without Kelly.

FORT Fogey

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that they made decisions based on Kelly, just that Kelly's hate of Bethenny provided more ammo for Jill to rationalize her behavior to herself. My impression of it is that Jill was determined to be mad at Bethenny in the very beginning but quickly started to change her mind. Lulu had a vested interest in keeping them not friends and Kelly added to that.

I wish Lu had been strong enough to stop the mean girl behavior. If she had said something about keeping a voicemail for months just to play it on camera, or asked her if she had told Bethenny how sick Bobby was because she hadn't told Lu about it, maybe Jill would have calmed down a bit. Maybe not, but it's interesting to think about.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I think that Lu was inwardly hurt because she and Jill were friends first. In the very first episode LuAnne talks about meeting Jill and how they instantly connected and really liked each other etc. And then by the end of the season it was all about JillandBethenny.

Having watched all of this last season & it's trials and tribulations and adding that to all (so far) of Bethanny Gets Married? I am even more certain that Jill must have been just itching for a fight with Beth. Most likely, as discussed here, because she was jealous of Bethanny's growing fame. She had just become used to being the darling of RHNYC and liked it just fine.

If you're really close and good friends, you know that person well, so how could Jill react so negatively to Beth saying "you need a hobby?" That's such a typical Bethanny comment. I don't know Bethanny but I know exactly what she meant; why wouldn't Jill know and understand her flippant scarcasm?

And if my good friend didn't come around when my husband was dealing w/cancer and surgery, I'd figure out that something was wrong, like communication rather than jumping to the worst conclusions. If I had a close friend, I would prob ask her where the heck she is when I need her. Why would she be my good friend if she's the type to flake out when you need them most? I think Jill just built it up and up in her head and used it as an excuse to rid herself of Bethanny (or de-throne her) and then maybe once again she could be the star of the show. Jill may have realized this by the end of the season. Little did she know that it would all backfire on her. Now she's the least favorite member of the show. Personally, I would like Kelly before Jill because I can at least excuse a lot of Kelly's words and actions because she's just crazy. Jill's just mean and petty. I'll take crazy over mean any day.
    I know all of this has been discussed here by all of the posters and I'm just repeating. There was just so much going on this season and I just needed to step back and look at each situation more clearly.
    sorry to have babbled on and on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3986534;
    I don't think anyone takes Kelly seriously enough to like or not like, or make up or not make up a friendship based on anything she thinks. Jill was determined to hang on to her perceived affronts with or without Kelly.
    I agree. I don't think anyone is really emotionally invested in Kelly. Viewers certainly don't seem to and quite honestly, I don't think any of the housewives do - with the possible exception of the Countess only because they have the modeling world in common.

She's kind of like a bump on a log that doesn't seem to belong. I don't think anyone would really care if she left.

The same could be said of Alex. I really don't see any of the cast warming up to her - not deeply anyway. She's got a decent fan base form viewers though and she might be missed. At least more so than Kelly. I kinda like Alex, but I mostly like Simon - or Alex and Simon together.

I like all the husbands though and wish they'd show more of them.

I think showing more of the husbands was the reason we're seeing a lot of kids, especially NJ kids.

I really like Alex, and I think Bethenny and Ramona grew to appreciate her ability to clarify situations and also grew to really like her. Ramona took a stand with Jill saying that she and Alex are not bffs, but she does like her. That was not a light statement to make to Jill, who has decided Alex is her enemy. I agree Kelly would not be missed, but Alex would. And while I'm at it, Jill wouldn't be missed at all for me.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread