+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2624Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3961305;
    And I'm producing my own skin care line ... and my book will be out in the fall "Real Housewives and How to Question Them" ... my jewelry line will debut in January ... !! IT'S ALL IN THE BOOK!!!!
    Too funny! I do remember the question, and thought it was a good one. Looking forward to the skin care line, jewelry, and of course The Book!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3963161;
    Too funny! I do remember the question, and thought it was a good one. Looking forward to the skin care line, jewelry, and of course The Book!
    But can you bring the drama???
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Is KevlarBrain Kelly related to Teresa Guidice, Kim Zolciak, and Tamra Barney? I think they were separated at birth.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3964278;
    But can you bring the drama???
    I am a 5th grade teacher ... and mom of 2 teenage girls, 15 and 16. One has her license and the other her permit. My Life IS drama ... !

Although I want Bethenny back, (All the Vacation Island girls!) I would understand why she wouldn't put herself and her baby in this whole negative situation again. The negative ones would have to go (Jill and Kelly) and the focus back on the lighthearted and fun before she would consider. Then there's Jason to have to convince as well.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I wouldn't mind having the same old cast back. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I think Jill,Kelly, and Luann bring the 'girls you love to hate' to the other Island Girls who are the 'good girls'. Like on a soap opera-- you gotta have some you love to watch because they stir things up and then the normal ones (can you call Ramona normal? haha). Love Sonja. She's a hoot! I'm in withdrawl pretty bad for NY Housewives...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3965486;
    I am a 5th grade teacher ... and mom of 2 teenage girls, 15 and 16. One has her license and the other her permit. My Life IS drama ... !

Although I want Bethenny back, (All the Vacation Island girls!) I would understand why she wouldn't put herself and her baby in this whole negative situation again. The negative ones would have to go (Jill and Kelly) and the focus back on the lighthearted and fun before she would consider. Then there's Jason to have to convince as well.
    Okay Mom, I've got your back. If it's any consolation, I have triplets who are 16 this summer. Do you understand my name now?

I would like to have Bethenny back just to give some leaven to this psychodrama. Otherwise, I like her enough (and her family, as twisted as it is) to wish that they can find success without going in the ring again with such drama. They did buy into this tv stuff, but Bryn didn't. And I actually found Bravo to be remarkably candid in their editing about no pictures at the wedding, and Jason feeling like this part of his life was just for production values. Reality TV requires that she cannot allow photographs. Not because someone would sell them (a problem for any celebrity), but because they are showing this episode several months after the event, and they need the shot of her wedding gown and the rest of her wedding, to build suspense toward their copyrighted finale, for ratings. They're footing the bill, after all. And as anyone knows, the one paying the fiddler chooses the tune. They wouldn't pay for it if they didn't own the rights to it.

At some point, I hope soon, Bethenny might find that she needs not to put her pee on the screen and just relax and make a life for herself and Jason (Hoppy? really? Where's Smiley? Oh yeah, OC) and Bryn. I think most of these folks have NO IDEA what they gave up when they let the rest of us "watch" their lives.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-06-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3965579;
    I wouldn't mind having the same old cast back. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I think Jill,Kelly, and Luann bring the 'girls you love to hate' to the other Island Girls who are the 'good girls'. Like on a soap opera-- you gotta have some you love to watch because they stir things up and then the normal ones (can you call Ramona normal? haha). Love Sonja. She's a hoot! I'm in withdrawl pretty bad for NY Housewives...

This is why I don't get the demands for certain people to leave or get thrown off. What they heck would they do for an hour? Get massages and talk about books?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3965732;
    This is why I don't get the demands for certain people to leave or get thrown off. What they heck would they do for an hour? Get massages and talk about books?
    Right. You can't have a show with only the 'nice' ones. Too boring. (especially for snarkers!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3958276;
    Bottom line to me is, whatever gets ratings is what Bravo will do. Alex may have done herself in by being so normal this season because normal = boring. And without Simon, she's even more normal.

I have a hard time seeing Jill give up her new found celebrity throne, even w/Alex still there.

Bethanny really doesn't need this show anymore so she could go either way. Ramona is still quirky enough to be kept on, even for just one more shot like her runway look. Makes people talk about it so = good ratings.

Luanne will stay because she's enjoying it too much to give it up and it feeds her narcisstic nature.

Kelly is such a dim bulb that she's totally unaware of how damaging her appearance is. She seems to really love and crave people wanting to know her and about her and doesn't see that it's for negative reasons.

Jill made a delicious villian. All the world was talking about her so to Bravo, she's their money ticket because we love to hate her.
    I think a lot of Kelly's friends didn't understand why she came back for a second season...and if I were her friend I'd beg her to let well enough alone.

Simon's not so bad. In person he's very warm and friendly. LuAnne needs a gig, even if not for the money. I think you're right about Jill and Ramona and I fear you may be right about Alex. I don't think Bethenny will be back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3960633;
    ^^agreed, that's super cool!! I thought that was one of the better questions, btw.

Idk I thought Andy has been doing better on Reunion shows with calling people on their bs. He called Kelly out for lying, remember? Not that it did any good.

Ohh okay. That's what I thought you meant. I agree, Simon is much more interesting, but I think that although Alex is pretty dull, we need her to offset the drama. You know, like you put really spicy salsa on a bland corn chip?
    I absolutely delight in how Slimon/Silex have rehabbed themselves. Whodathunk they'd be 'normal' and 'interesting' as opposed to 'slimy' and 'wierd.' Alex may be dull, until she gets her back up. She spurred two major confrontations this season so she's good for a bit of drama (while blotching red). She delivered 'the message' to Jill and then really had a go at her at the half-cast member's 'party.' I don't know if it was drama for drama's sake, a case of genuine anger, or a bit of both (probably a bit of both), but when you annoy her she stays rational. P*ss her off and things are very different. Still deadly rational, but a lot more feisty.

+ Reply to Thread