+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2250Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3955001;
    I can't slam somebody for a voice, but apparently Jill (with her enormous popularity and fan base) has laid down that she will not countenance being on the show if the evil Alex is on it. To be fair, I'm also given to understand that Alex doesn't want to be around Jill. I'm sure it'll amount to nothing and both will be back next season, possibly if for no other reason than squabbles make for good TV.
    Heard this morning on satellite radio that none of the housewives have formally been asked back just yet. Jill said she would return -- Bravo said that they're going to use focus groups to see who should/should not be on RHONY next season.

Personally, I think Alex is uninteresting -- always was even when she was surrounded with the drama. Don't want to deal with them again -- this last season was so hateful, vicious, and mean that it just drained me. Can't imagine going through it all again.

FORT Fogey

Alex is uninteresting because she, herself, doesn't create any drama - she's a normal person who could live in any town anywhere. She's not a character. People watch TV (mostly) to watch things different from the norm, to be entertained.

I'm just paranoid about the thread closing ... I'm Ramona saying "peaceful thoughts" (or whatever she said!) to everyone

Alex is the voice of reason to me ... she's the one that listens for awhile then breaks it down to the bottom line. I'm hoping she's back next season. And Sonja and Ramona and Bethenny. Luanne can hang out with Sonja and hopefully pick up some lessons on classy behavior.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

LuAnne and Jill's behavior is so back and forth. Sometimes it seems like Jill is just really insecure, and wants to mend things and make them right. LuAnne has definitely had her b!tch moments, but there have also been times when she WAS the one having a little class, taking the higher ground, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3959529;
    Alex is uninteresting because she, herself, doesn't create any drama - she's a normal person who could live in any town anywhere. She's not a character. People watch TV (mostly) to watch things different from the norm, to be entertained.
    I feel one can be interesting and not create drama. I just feel she's a real bland personality, not expressive and even when angry and "confronted" Jill, she was so weak. Doesn't make her bad -- she just doesn't have the temperament to pull it off. Even if she did create drama, she'd be boring. Nice, but a real snooze.

Contessa Lulu is totally useless but has an interesting and soothing voice. She has potential; however, it's unfortunate that she latched onto Vampira's coattails. I could stand Lulu, Sonia and Ramona next season, but they'd still need a "Jill" type to juice it up again. I just want Jill's 15 minutes to be up -- she's nasty. And not that much hatred.

FORT Fogey

Alex has learned the art of tap dancing. This show has probably brought some great perks to that family once their awfulness of season one was forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3959596;
    I'm just paranoid about the thread closing ... I'm Ramona saying "peaceful thoughts" (or whatever she said!) to everyone

Alex is the voice of reason to me ... she's the one that listens for awhile then breaks it down to the bottom line. I'm hoping she's back next season. And Sonja and Ramona and Bethenny. Luanne can hang out with Sonja and hopefully pick up some lessons on classy behavior.
    I can't even vision Bethenny returning to RHONY. I mean, just watching tonight's episode, she is so different with these friends who are more on her level, age and just nice people -- no overbearing Jill's. It's so obvious how different Bethenny is with these people. Ever since her show started, RHONY was so far off I couldn't imagine her even ever having been a part of them. An entirely new world. I, too, envision Lulu and Sonja hanging out -- they seem to mesh.

That's why I think watching BRAS and maybe Luanne would be a refreshing change. Kelly is unbalanced and Jill is the ultimate depressor. She's never 100% happy about anything, she always has a complaint. Leave them off and see what happens ... I bet the cloud of darkness would lift and we could enjoy this city again.

I doubt Bethenny returns, but hoping cast changes are made (fire Jill and Kelly) and it's a whole new world.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

If they kept Alex on the show, it would get pretty boring for me.
    I like Alex as he's a hoot. She just strikes me as someone who's trying way too hard to fit in.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Okay now wait I'm confused, sorry. Do you want Alex to stay or to go?

+ Reply to Thread