+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2078Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

This year's sweetheart could be next year's beeyatch, and vice versa. You never know how the reality pendulum swings. For example, I don't think Ramona really changed all that much from one season to the next. Her editing did. They are always going to need a villian, so even if they got rid of Jill over Alex, one of them will still have to twirl the handlebar mustache next season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3950463;
    I loved the lost footage show. There were 2 scenes that stand out in mind. Kelly on the eliptical machine. What was she even talking about? OMG It was like she pulled sentences out of a box and none of them were relating to the others. No wonder she spends so much time exercising, there is no capacity for cerebral activites to take place.

And then there was Ramona having a breakdown when Jill messed up her seating arrangement at her birthday luncheon! She almost had a cow over that! LOL

I almost got sick watching Ramona have that procedure under her arms. What was that?
    I kept wondering why Kelly was even on the elliptical - one chunk of her verbal diarrhea was her boast that she doesn't break a sweat. Hon, if you can babble like that and not break a sweat you need to up your game. Do something to combat your jelly-bean based diet.

Unless sugar and beer are all she survives on.

Personally when I'm working out I can't stand somebody gibbering away in my ear. Far from "systematic bullying systematic bullying systematic bullying" (hey, Kells, saying it over and over doesn't make it true), the girls seemed to go out of their way to restrain themselves over Kelly's "systematic" rudeness. But I somewhat understand - I have a friend who's rude all the time but also constantly depressed and we all go around on egg shells with him.

FORT Fogey

I can't slam somebody for a voice, but apparently Jill (with her enormous popularity and fan base) has laid down that she will not countenance being on the show if the evil Alex is on it. To be fair, I'm also given to understand that Alex doesn't want to be around Jill. I'm sure it'll amount to nothing and both will be back next season, possibly if for no other reason than squabbles make for good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3955001;
    I can't slam somebody for a voice, but apparently Jill (with her enormous popularity and fan base) has laid down that she will not countenance being on the show if the evil Alex is on it. To be fair, I'm also given to understand that Alex doesn't want to be around Jill. I'm sure it'll amount to nothing and both will be back next season, possibly if for no other reason than squabbles make for good TV.
    Can't stand the sight of Jill. Just clicking through the channels and came across Showbiz Tonight and there she is, along with two others, badmouthing and dissecting Lindsay Lohan. I refused to watch it. The End.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3954965;
    This year's sweetheart could be next year's beeyatch, and vice versa. You never know how the reality pendulum swings. For example, I don't think Ramona really changed all that much from one season to the next. Her editing did. They are always going to need a villian, so even if they got rid of Jill over Alex, one of them will still have to twirl the handlebar mustache next season.
    It's definitely true that we don't know who will be the villain next year, but I definitely did see a change in Ramona from the beginning of this season to the end. She still sometimes offends people when she talks, but it's truly out of a lack of thinking through her word choice, rather than a lack of caring about hurting people. It's the difference between her accidentally making LuAnne think she was insulting her dress when she was just trying to make a point at the reunion and when she told her she didn't know anything about dating because she married a man twice her age, who looks old. I think it's a lovely improvement.

FORT Fogey

I believe that Ramona chose LuAnn's dress color deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3954965;
    Bottom line to me is, whatever gets ratings is what Bravo will do. Alex may have done herself in by being so normal this season because normal = boring. And without Simon, she's even more normal.

I have a hard time seeing Jill give up her new found celebrity throne, even w/Alex still there.

Bethanny really doesn't need this show anymore so she could go either way. Ramona is still quirky enough to be kept on, even for just one more shot like her runway look. Makes people talk about it so = good ratings.

Luanne will stay because she's enjoying it too much to give it up and it feeds her narcisstic nature.

Kelly is such a dim bulb that she's totally unaware of how damaging her appearance is. She seems to really love and crave people wanting to know her and about her and doesn't see that it's for negative reasons.

Jill made a delicious villian. All the world was talking about her so to Bravo, she's their money ticket because we love to hate her.

FORT Fanatic

MOG PEOPLE! Jill is on Showbiz Tonight AGAIN! This time she apparently is an expert on celebrity divorces. I am sure Jill's fabulous circle she runs with knows all about Sandra's divorce. I BELIEVE!

FORT Fanatic

I've never understood WHY Ramona's eyes pop out like that sometimes. Is it a medical problem???

A season or two ago, when Jillzarin was "interviewed" by her radio talk show star sister, Jillzarin said she grew up being a fifth wheel, never popular, odd girl out.... something like that.... and she loved being important and celebrated as an adult.

IMO that's Jillzarin's problem- clawing and scraping and stepping on people in an attempt to make herself an important center of attention. She's beginning to look old, a little stooped in the shoulders, not pretty, hair extensions too long for an older woman, too much weight across her middle, face getting a little hag-like.

And this after only a couple years of being the Bravo big wheel she dreamed about. Her plight almost invokes sympathy, but she's a little too mean to make it stick. I dislike her, and keep watching to see her dig the hole deeper.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread