+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2540Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Ramona's sweaty armpit botox injections were pretty creepy. Omarosa also had it done on reality TV, on Doctor 90210 a couple of years ago, (by Dr. Will -- another reality star who was on, not one, but two Big Brother series). Omarosa's botox injections were pretty creepy too, (although not as painful looking as Ramona's), and I still can't get that image out of my mind!!!

Hungry Girl has actually been around for a long time. Back when I was an avid Weight Watcher person, about 7 years ago, I would read that blog. I assume she has probably grown in popularity and decided to copyright her name now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3951320;
    Bethany's "Skinny Girl" line looks like a complete ripoff - or maybe its the other way around.

Either way .... the two concepts are remarkably similar.

HungryGirl.com
    The names are pretty similar.... but there are SO many blogs, products, systems, and books out there that center on food and nutrition that what can actually be called original??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3951521;
    Hungry Girl has actually been around for a long time. Back when I was an avid Weight Watcher person, about 7 years ago, I would read that blog. I assume she has probably grown in popularity and decided to copyright her name now.
    Ouch. That bums me out even more. Its clear where Bethany got her Skinny Girl name from.

Reg. the look/logo....To give Bethany the benefit of the doubt, I'd have to know when whose design came first. But if Hungry Girl has been out for awhile, then I have no choice but to believe there isn't an ounce of originality in what Bethany's doing ... she just spun it with a different angle, e.g. hungry girl vs. skinny girl. Average body type vs. svelt body type.

Yikes. I still give her props for her ambition, product development, and business saavy, but the branding is by no means original.

I didn't know that hungrygirl had introduced a product line? I ued to read her blog and really enjoyed it.

FORT Fogey

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3951521;
    I watched Hungry Girl being interviewed on Joy Behar yesterday (I think). She brought Joy a margarita that was low in calories. She has a new book out.

I had never heard of this woman. I don't drink, so that's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3950700;
    Kelly has such an odd body shape. It's like a perfectly square box with a head, arms, and legs. When Luann, Jill, and Kelly were playing tennis I really noticed it, at first it looked like she was completely out of shape but than I realized that top was a little ill fitting.

Luann has a banging body...at least the way she dresses makes it look like she does.
    I think they ALL have great bodies, all very different from each other but good just the same, except Kelly. Altho I can relate to her because I have a similar body shape: big on top (altho given by nature not surgeons), straight thru the torso and no hips or butt whatsoever, long thin legs . There's not much you can do about changing that shape. I know cuz I've tried. But you can learn what styles that focus on the good and play down the bad.
    But I think the rest all look fabulous and it takes work to look that good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3946928;
    I believe that if they choose Jill over Alex they will have lost MANY viewers. I will be one of them. I'm tired of the privileged running roughshod over those they perceive as peons. Jill is classless and her character on and off screen has proven that.
    If they choose Jill over Alex I will not watch Bravo. Not just RHONY but any of it. Period and finished.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3954959;
    If they choose Jill over Alex I will not watch Bravo. Not just RHONY but any of it. Period and finished.
    Am I missing something? Is Bravo cutting the cast next season? I agree with you tho...I can't stand Jill, I never could from day one and couldn't understand why she even had a fan base to begin with. I saw through her BS the moment we were subjected to her nasty nasally voice.

+ Reply to Thread