+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2467Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3946608;
    We've all seen relationships like this: Bobby strikes me as an affable blub, good jewish boy emasculated by his mother and averse to conflict, who gets some when he gets Jillzarin something. Her currency is her attractiveness (she's way out of his league); his is his actual currency. She alludes to this in the teaser for the next episode where she basically tells him she'll put out if he buys her jewelry. (You'll feel something if I feel something, or something just as vulgar). And she did say in her book that you should always marry someone more affluent than you. I'm surprised the Anti-Defamation League hasn't dinged her for repeating such offensive stereotypes and repackaging them as if they are settled Jewish wisdom.
    I will give it to Bobby about one thing...at one point he sort of admonished Jill for being so difficult about Bethenny. He told her good friends are hard to come by and not disposable..or words to that effect. Seemed to give Jill pause for thought...for a second or two.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3948419;
    I will give it to Bobby about one thing...at one point he sort of admonished Jill for being so difficult about Bethenny. He told her good friends are hard to come by and not disposable..or words to that effect. Seemed to give Jill pause for thought...for a second or two.
    I agree. He's as close as she'll come to a moral compass. Unfortunately, her aspirations militate against such a humble sense of what her life is about.

FORT Fanatic

Once is not enough for this group. First we had three one-hour finales and now tonight is an hour of clips not previously seen.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3949080;
    Once is not enough for this group. First we had three one-hour finales and now tonight is an hour of clips not previously seen.
    They're like a fungus, I swear.

And yet I keep watching. More of an addiction for me. I'm hoping for more Scary Island drama. Wouldn't it be fun if the showed all the parts that Kelly lied about like the producer asking her to leave.

I'm hoping that they show at least some of the missing footage from Vacation Island. And it would be excellent to have on tape evidence refuting everything Kelly said/says.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

[B]Her currency is her attractiveness (she's way out of his league); his is his actual currency.Wow! I can't let that one slide by. Jill is so unattractive on the outside and most certainly on the inside. She reminds me of Howdy Doody, red hair and marionette face. Bobby may not be a "10" but he deserves so much better.

FORT Fogey

Bobby may not be the best looking guy, but he's not ugly, and he's very nice and I've always liked him. For that reason I think he's more attractive than Mario, who is maybe physically good-looking but has been a total jerk in the past.

FORT Fan

I was speaking as a man, I have no idea if Bobby is attractive (his indoor sunglasses and gold chains make him look a little skeevy), but I'm sure he didn't choose Jillzarin for her heart. Superficially (and if I didn't know better), I'd have her on my arm. It's her personality that repulses.

As to Mario, he's got that international-tennis-minor-leaguer-now-second-rate-club-pro air about him, especially now that he's peddling their "Christian" jewelry line. Since Ramona's aphrodisiac is making her own power and money, she must be in a constant state of arousal with her aging, underachieving boy-toy. This may explain the look in her eyes.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 06-24-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3949609;
    [B]Her currency is her attractiveness (she's way out of his league); his is his actual currency.

Wow! I can't let that one slide by. Jill is so unattractive on the outside and most certainly on the inside. She reminds me of Howdy Doody, red hair and marionette face. Bobby may not be a "10" but he deserves so much better.

The more I see of her the more I dislike her - she is sooooo shallow and self centered. I can't stand to watch her anymore - I really can't

+ Reply to Thread