+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2520Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Well, you know some poor new guy was fired for not speed dialing JZ to tell her to GET DOWN HERE for cameras.

Bethenny is getting some flack for what some perceive as a "either me or her" threat. I did not take it that way. Her voice was not raised and it didn't come off threatening ... more of a we'll see what life brings then. She did mention cast change but didn't say the name everyone knew she meant. How could she have answered truthfully any other way?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Do any of you get the feeling that Jill sees Bobby as her personal ATM and nothing more?
    It's all about WHAT he gives her - sickening!
    He seems like a very nice man and must have the patience of a saint.

Why did they sell their Hamptons house? Anyone know?

I think she said that they sold it before the housing market crashed, perhaps in anticipation of that.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

When Jill was asked if she was going to be back for season 4, she basically said she might not because of Alex. Bottom line, she was saying that if Alex was still there next season, then she's not. She's basically telling Bravo to kick Alex off the show so her ego would "star" on the next season. And she has said several times that Alex hated her. That was probably true before Alex was able to release all the tension building. But at the end of the season, when Alex wanted to talk to Jill and she just dismissed her, it was like her to Bethenny at the so-called "ambush" by Ramona. And Alex has said that Jill just dismisses her and doesn't really care for her. Jill harbors ill feeling towards people (i.e. Bethenny's "get a hobby" voicemail). She nutures them and keeps tabs and so-called "evidences" she can play back to rally troops against her enemies. She uses them to gain favors and to make herself look wronged. Had Bethenny not gotten pregnant and married, would her attitude towards her have changed? She admits to mistakes and when Bethenny said that she needs to change them, she answers with Popeye's "I am what I am" and that she should be accepted warts and all.
    Last edited by watts; 06-22-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melrose place;3941906;
    Kelly said that she had nightmares about Bethenny trying to kill her. But I can't explain the gift baskets except that maybe she got one too many as a model/attendee of events.
    She did say she had dreams of Bethenny trying to kill her, but she also said Bethenny had tried to kill her hundreds of times since they first met.

Quote Originally Posted by patfla06;3945416;
    Do any of you get the feeling that Jill sees Bobby as her personal ATM and nothing more?
    It's all about WHAT he gives her - sickening!
    He seems like a very nice man and must have the patience of a saint.

Why did they sell their Hamptons house? Anyone know?
    All Jillzarin said about the house is something like imagine that, we sold before the market crashed. Like they were brilliant. Maybe they're not making so much profit in the downturn and needed the $$$.

Didn't Jillzarin say in her "book" that women should marry rich? She gets $16k handbags, costly cars to complain about, designer rags, all the superficial things she thinks will make her hot. Bobby's not much to look at, quite a bit older, and must have thought he got a trophy wife. Can you imagine the fights those two must have!!!? I'll bet it gets ugly.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3946569;
    Didn't Jillzarin say in her "book" that women should marry rich? She gets $16k handbags, costly cars to complain about, designer rags, all the superficial things she thinks will make her hot. Bobby's not much to look at, quite a bit older, and must have thought he got a trophy wife. Can you imagine the fights those two must have!!!? I'll bet it gets ugly.
    We've all seen relationships like this: Bobby strikes me as an affable blub, good jewish boy emasculated by his mother and averse to conflict, who gets some when he gets Jillzarin something. Her currency is her attractiveness (she's way out of his league); his is his actual currency. She alludes to this in the teaser for the next episode where she basically tells him she'll put out if he buys her jewelry. (You'll feel something if I feel something, or something just as vulgar). And she did say in her book that you should always marry someone more affluent than you. I'm surprised the Anti-Defamation League hasn't dinged her for repeating such offensive stereotypes and repackaging them as if they are settled Jewish wisdom.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3945958;
    When Jill was asked if she was going to be back for season 4, she basically said she might not because of Alex. Bottom line, she was saying that if Alex was still there next season, then she's not. She's basically telling Bravo to kick Alex off the show so her ego would "star" on the next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3943912;
    Last night on HGTV's "Next Design Star," it sent teams to different fabric stores and the Zarin company name was shown very briefly. Good PR for them - they can use it after Jill's nasty attitude on her show this season. She was nowhere to be seen - hmm, wonder why???
    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3944553;
    Bravo loves crossovers.

I doubt very much Alex will be back, and it will be at the hand (and foot) of Jill. I suspect Jill has a fairly deep relationship with Bravo (if not even a personal one with some of the execs - possibly even Andy).
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.

I believe that if they choose Jill over Alex they will have lost MANY viewers. I will be one of them. I'm tired of the privileged running roughshod over those they perceive as peons. Jill is classless and her character on and off screen has proven that.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3946899;
    I doubt very much Alex will be back, and it will be at the hand (and foot) of Jill. I suspect Jill has a fairly deep relationship with Bravo (if not even a personal one with some of the execs - possibly even Andy).
    I suspected that, when the New York Times' profile of Bethenney's new show only mentioned her dispute with Kelley, which in my mind is a distant second to her rivalry with Jill. Her dispute with Jillzarin wasn't mentioned, even though in earlier NYT pieces, the same columnist had been sure to feature at great length Jillzarin. I am sure the NYT people were taken aback by how completely repulsive the public found their contact person from the show, the inimitable Jillzarin of Zarin Fabrics.

+ Reply to Thread