+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 358 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3896557;
    Has anyone heard more of LuAnn's song than the snippets they keep playing? Is it really as horrible as it sounds? I was ranting on here awhile ago about people who get famous on reality TV and think that gives them instant acting skills. Looks like LuAnn has the same notion about singing. I would love to hear her without all the electronics. Or maybe I wouldn't!
    It is so horrific,,, I actually would rather listen to Kim Zolciak's Tardy for the Party.

Wow. This season is totally wearing me out.
    Way too much drama and for Kelly to be the only nice, normal one!!??? Well, what can I say?

Does anybody know what the problem was between Bethenny and her father? Did he abandon her when she was young, divorce her mom, or what? Also, she seems to not talk about the mom. Is she deceased? Does anybody know why Bethenny is always going on about her lack of a family and her poor me attitude?
    I am clueless as to why Jason wants to get involved with this.
    Everyone in this world has some issues with their family. Get over it already and stop being a drama queen!!
    Sorry, but I'm really tired of people who complain so much about their parents. We all reach a point in life where we need to assume some responsibility and stop blaming others for things.
    End of rant.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gawker recap of latest episode

If you have to read only part of it, read the recap of the party at Jen's house. Very on point and very, very funny.

Oh, and excellent Joni Mitchell song at the end!

FORT Newbie

A quick recap of Beth's youth.

Beth's parents divorced when she was young. Beth's mother then married Beth's father's arch enemy, who is also a horse trainer. There were reports of violence and substance abuse, one which lead to five year old Beth calling 911. Beth's step father took opportunitys to have her picture taken in the winners circle with him, so it sounds like she was used as a pawn in the drama between parents. Beth's father has been reported as being much nicer with his pets than with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3896370;
    Did you see the aftershow last night with Andy? He mentioned LuAnn DeSepps new RECORDING. The song is called
    Money Can't Buy You Class!!!!!!!! What do you think?
    Scroll down and clip on the video box to listen.

Real Housewife of NYC LuAnn de Lesseps-Singer... | Gather

Thank you for posting this. I'm on a diet and it helped curb my appetite tonight although then I had to deal with the nausea from listening to it. WHAT was Luanne thinking to make this record?! It's SO obviously 'fixed' that you can barely tell it's a human singing. Then... she has the speaking part in the song(shudder) I just could not believe a woman of her age and whatever her intelligence is would even want to do such a silly thing. It must be the money--- because is sure isn't the talent! I couldn't listen to the whole thing, like I said above-- the nausea factor was too much. I feel sorry for the poster who said her kids were torturing her with it--- haha!

And Jill sitting on the wall with the two new girls on each side of her at that party was--- well nausea inducing,too! She was sooooo smilie and sure of herself-- especially at Alex's expense. "Looooove your hair tonight" (or whatever she facetiously threw out------ BLAH. A total bully. Brought up to be a bully and still is. Mommy's little princess. I feel sorry for the other sister. You just know Little Jilly got what she wanted every time. After all... it IS all about her isn't it?

I'm beginning to like Ramona. But sorry to say, I don't care for her daughter. Too much attitude, even for a young teen. Love Alex-- I can't fight in public,either, and felt for her trying to duke it out with Jill. You know Alex just wanted to start blubbering,punch Jill, and run home! Wow, I'd have paid money to see that.

HyiiiiEEE it's KeHelly. Something I noticed about her that's very caustic. She said when anyone wants to say something she doesn't want to hear, see them coming and complement them. Like "nice Zac dress" to Bethenny; and those other airhead pseudo-compliments she tosses out. Very annoying! And she thinks she's cleverly brilliant. Ugh.

And why the hale do these women find it necessary to first tell one another how "awesome" or "gorgeous" or "beautiful" or "fabulous" their dress/necklace/earrings/shoes are- and usually ask "whose - what designer- is that?" before they even do the two-cheek kissy? Also annoying. So pseudo.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Alex & Simon are becoming my favorites on this show, who woulda thought?

And from some of the catty and critical things Ramona says, I think she is very insecure (like her taking on Kodak during Jill's event). And then to explain that behavior by saying she just likes to tell it like it is, as if that's a positive character trait... I have a friend like that and it makes me crazy.

Also I agree with the previous poster who said she was getting tired of Kelly's hieeeeee....!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3896801;
    HyiiiiEEE it's KeHelly. Something I noticed about her that's very caustic. She said when anyone wants to say something she doesn't want to hear, see them coming and complement them. Like "nice Zac dress" to Bethenny; and those other airhead pseudo-compliments she tosses out. Very annoying! And she thinks she's cleverly brilliant. Ugh.

And why the hale do these women find it necessary to first tell one another how "awesome" or "gorgeous" or "beautiful" or "fabulous" their dress/necklace/earrings/shoes are- and usually ask "whose - what designer- is that?" before they even do the two-cheek kissy? Also annoying. So pseudo.
    Yeah, what's that about? And it was part of her lesson in PR 101 and PR 102 -- like she has a clue. And I seem to recall that PR 101, according to Kelly, was that any press is good press. Right. Maybe in her world. Or maybe that's just what she's used to.

Another thing, did anyone notice ?... when Alex & Simon were on Andy's show, Simon alluded to getting rid of the "status is everything"? He must have been talking about Alex's intro piece "...to a certain group of people in New York..." or whatever her line is.

I think they both realized how pretentious and clawing that sounds. Well, now Alex & Simon are the most likeable and interesting people on RHNY. What a turnaround, and I wish them well. Alex sure doesn't deserve the bruising Jill keeps trying to give her.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Sassykat, I agree with everything you wrote especially about Avery. She is a huge brat!!!! She was also, IMO, being very rude to that designer. She needs an attitude adjustment, big time.

About Bethenny's dad, when they were in the car she mention about 'what he did.....' from the way she said it made it seem like he might have been abusive. I'm speculating but that's the impression I got. Anyway, its not fair to judge her on why she hasn't had a relationship with her parents. It maybe something minor to most of us but to her it might not be. We all have limits and her parents may have pushed hers over and over.

+ Reply to Thread