+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 441 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree2625Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York

Re: The Real Housewives of New York

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3896305;
    When Jill did the talking head about how she thought it was moronic for Ramona to renew her vows after 17 years, she spoke with such disdain toward Alex
    Whoopsie - I meant Ramona!

Jill saves a voice mail for MONTHS & plays it for everyone then tells Bethenny "WE ARE DONE" several times. Bethenny tres to meet with Jill to try & repair the friendship & is rebuked several times.

NOW she wants to be a part of Bethenny's life now that Bethenny was going to get married, have a baby & her father passed away. Then she has the nerve to be upset with Romana for net telling HER about Bethenny's father. WOW! Really????

If Countless would have kept her distance at Romana's apartment I would wager Jill & Bethenny would have diistance & butted out Jill & Bethenny probably would have worked through their differences & remained friends.

Can't wait to see next week when both Jill & Bethenny are on vacation with Romana.

[QUOTE.....From the sublime to the ridiculous - Jill throwing Alex out of SOMEONE ELSE'S home!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!! I couldn't believe the chutzpa (sp?) when I heard that. Such arrogance. Surprised no one else commented on it. If there's another season and they try and make Jill look wonderful and see the "error of her ways," I can't imagine anyone buying it. Gawd, it's unbelievable how people treat other human beings at times. Bullies and mean-spirited. I guess nothing was learned from 9/11.......not even a little.

FORT Fan

I had such a sense of deja vu seeing Jill interact with Alex as when she interacted with Bethenny when she was mad at Bethenny. I wouldn't be surprised if the real issue in both cases is that deep down inside Jill knew that she was wrong, or was being called out on her real intentions and didn't want people to know it. Really why else would someone save something for months unless he or she is planning on using it against someone.

I actually don't have a problem with Ramona's vow renewal ceremony. She is going through a big change in her life and I believe that that part of the narrative is sincere. Now whether the producers sat down with her to discuss her "renewal" story arc and "Oh hey, wouldn't a vow renewal ceremony be great and part of your journey" or whether Ramona thought of the idea on her own as part of her "renewal" phase doesn't matter to me. I'm glad for her for feeling this sense of renewal, am interested in her this year and wish her all the best on her journey.

FORT Fanatic

One of my friends wondered if Jill might be going through menopause and that is why she is so out of control.

FORT Newbie

Re-watching on my DVR so I could post a few coherent thoughts on the episode.
    #1. Luanne confronting Alex because she didn't say "I'm sorry" after she delivered Bethenny's message. Why should Alex apologize? Yes, she did it in front of everyone, but only after she had been pushed into it by all the other Housewives. And Luanne saying that Alex shouldn't take sides? When all the Countless has done to sabotage any reconciliation between Jill and Bethenny.

#2. Kinda like Sonja. She's the way she is and is very unapologetic for it. Good for her.

#3. Kelly's Hiyeeeeeeeee! grates on my nerves.

#4. Why in the world do Kelly and Luanne see the need to "protect" Jill from "Big Bad Alex"?

#5. Bobby went way down in my estimation when he confronted Alex. He didn't see the need to say anything when Mario and Jill were arguing, but felt the need to confront little Alex because she made Jill cry.

#6. First scene with Jill playing victim. You'll never forgive Alex because she told you Bethenny was done? How about all the nasty thing you have said about Alex, her house, her children and her husband? How is Alex giving you a message worse than you saying "Alex has the body for modeling but not the face."? Oh, and now that Bethenny is pregnant, in a happy relationship, you want to make up? You can only kick someone so many times before they say "Enough". Think of sowing and reaping.

#7. Again, someone wants to talk to you, and maybe apologize, you turn them away again. Run away, that's what bullies do best when someone confronts them.

#8. Bethenny is so wounded over her father. I felt so bad for her. But Ramona's advice was spot on. Who would have thought she had that kind of clarity? She was a true friend to Bethenny, and it was true emotion seeing her tear up while she was talking to B.

#9. "Hiyeeeeeee!" again.

#10. Good job as wingman Simon!

#11. Glad I'm not the only one who is skeeved out by Luanne's "date". No, Luanne, he's not cute, he's creepy. Oh, and you're the perfect example that "Money can't buy you class." New Housewife "Luanne's date? He's got bad hair and he's gay!" Priceless.

#12. Have a hard time believing that's the first time Kelly has climbed up on a table in a bar. Maybe it's the first time she did it sober, and actually remembers.

#13. Am I the only one who doesn't find Avery cute and charming? She's a typical snotty teenager. She can't even pretend to be happy for her mother. No Ramona, she's not mature. She's a brat.

#14. Chopra Center--probably the most sane moment on the show.

#15. Jason is a nice guy. I think he's good for Bethenny. I'm glad she had some kind of closure with her father.

#16. Yes, Kelly, you are Jill's "project". Just remember what kind of price tag that entails. Because no matter how much you accomplished before JillZaren took you on as her "project", everything you have ever done in your life will be because of her.

#17. Wow, "Every day being married to her is a milestone." I bet Bobby feels the same way about you.

#18. Bethenny's father died. But somehow, Jill makes it all about Jill. "Why didn't you call me?" Ramona was right (second time this episode, which I think may be a personal record for her!) that maybe they could have worked things out if Luanne hadn't pulled Jill out. Luanne has some nerve telling people not to get involved, when she's been pulling strings all season so far. I'm pretty sure "Class with the Countess" is chock full of "do as I say, not as I do".

#19. The Showdown--Thank you Alex! From "How dare you?" about the gossipy text about Bethenny's father, to "you talk all the time, it's your turn to listen." And the one truthful comment from Jill all night? "Alex, you're a better person than me." Oh, and saying "Can you believe she's bringing all this drama to your party", when right before that SHE attacked Ramona and started a fight? Alex was right, Jill wasn't hearing anything she said.

#20. Can't wait till next week!!
    Sorry, had a lot to say.
    Last edited by sassykat63; 05-07-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Because clarity, spelling and punctuation are important!!

Has anyone heard more of LuAnn's song than the snippets they keep playing? Is it really as horrible as it sounds? I was ranting on here awhile ago about people who get famous on reality TV and think that gives them instant acting skills. Looks like LuAnn has the same notion about singing. I would love to hear her without all the electronics. Or maybe I wouldn't!

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3896557;
    Has anyone heard more of LuAnn's song than the snippets they keep playing? Is it really as horrible as it sounds? I was ranting on here awhile ago about people who get famous on reality TV and think that gives them instant acting skills. Looks like LuAnn has the same notion about singing. I would love to hear her without all the electronics. Or maybe I wouldn't!
    You can hear the whole song on Youtube. And yes, it is as horrible as it sounds! I have heard the whole thing more than I have wanted and more than I would like to admit. My son kept playing it because he just couldn't get over it...He just kept saying, "This is a joke right? This can't be serious." Then my kids started playing it just to be funny and annoy me. Now, my 4 year old wants to listen to it all the time because she likes it!

FORT Fan

Bethenny is in labor??

Maybe according to the Huffington Post.

Bethenny Frankel In Labor? Real Housewife Having Baby Early

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3896635;
    Bethenny is in labor??

Maybe according to the Huffington Post.

Bethenny Frankel In Labor? Real Housewife Having Baby Early
    I do hope everything goes well for her.