+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

St Boob wanted the French restaurant only b/c she perceived it as the uppercrustappeal choice; she had no idea what the chef was talking about. I laughed at the smirk from the woman (the chef's employee ?) who suggested croissant sandwiches, knowing that was a purely plebian choice. St Boob grabbed that, finally understanding chicken sandwiches!

Icky got a bad rap from Wretch.... but Ick isn't exactly Mrs. Clean; Bravo has filmed her pushing her boobs in the face of any man in a bar who looked her way, trying to get all sexy come and get me at Havasu, jumping on a male employee in a hotel room, beer bonging with her creepy son's college buds. She's been looking for a very long time.

Ick thinks the single life is a constant party, and she's been dissing her husband since RH began. Is she ever in for a hot surprise when she finds out chubby 50-something women like her are not sought after. Then she really will have to marry her job like she pretends now.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I think the thing that was so painful about watching Vickie talk about her marriage falling apart is that to the viewers, the reasons why are so obvious, and it was clear she doesn't see them. She kept talking about how she and Don are living separate lives, how he never touches her, shows her any love, etc. We constantly see her putting him down, and discouraing him from doing anything nice for her. Like in the clip they showed last night - he was saying nice things to her in their vow renewal, and she interrupted to say he'd never said anything like that before. I'm sure in Vickie's mind, she was encouraing him to say those things in the future. But to anyone else, it was just ruining the moment with her personal commentary. She also got upset that when she came home from work for dinner, Don wasn't there. But how many nights has Don been there when she just couldn't bother to leave work a little early? As mad as I get watching Vickie, I felt really sad for her too, because I realized last night that she knows exactly what she wants, but does not realize what responsibility she holds to making those things happen.

Didn't see last night's show. With reguards to Vicky & Don. You can only get out of a relationship what you put into the relationship.

From what I have seen of her, the only relationship Vicky should have it with her job. It is all well & good to love your job & what you do for a living. While a job will put a roof over your head, food in your stomach & clothes on your back...it can't hug you at night. Something to consider Vicky.

i totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post

I've pretty much been in Gretchen's camp since she came to RHOC but this season not so much. I hate the way she talks to/about Slade. Not much of a slade admirer, but if you are in a relationship with someone you treat them with respect.

Saw this blog post today saying Slade moved out of Gretchen's last week. I looked over her twitter and haven't seen anything in it, pathetically majorly curious if this is true or not!!!

Gretchen Rossi/Slade Smiley: Pot, Meet Kettle | ABSURD2SUBLIME

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Why did Alexis want to have her show in a french restraunt when she didn't like half of the food choices or be able to pronounce them? The chef looked insulted. No wonder the french hate us.
    Meh. Pascale moved here among us. If he hates he sure doesn't mind making money off us.

And her clothes looked like a line for prostitutes and hoochies. Some of those dresses were super short!
    You mean you wouldn't wear something that would let the whole world be your gynacologist?

I felt sorry for Vicki. She seemed so sad about her failed marriage.
    Meh. She loves work and that's her real husband. She should hire herself a gigolo for when she wants to be touched ("oh, Slade! Sladey-boy! C'm here, I have a job for youuuu!"). Let's be fair, they both hardly ever (bothered) to spend time with one another. She whines about the four week stint that Donn was away and they only spoke once, but how many times did she call him? They're not broke - why didn't she fly out to where he was for a weekend with him? Oh, right, because she couldn't be bothered.

Cry me a river, Ickie.

I was feeling sorry for Gretchen too until the fashion show when she made an azz out of herself by thinking Vicki was ruining the show 'on purpose'. You don't fake a hemorrhage, bleeding from your butt, or having surgery. But this was coming from a woman who used a terminally ill man as her own personal ATM machine back in the day. She did try to do damage control on Andy's show but she wasn't convincing, she still came off as a beotch.
    I found it squalid and unseemly, as bad as Ickie texting pictures of her bloody butt and hospital gown, covered in great gouts and spatters. No wonder TamRAA got the vapors.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 05-23-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: fix tags

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Great points Livin4reality. I think you're right about Peggy. It seems like she and Alexis were friends, and saw each other as equals. Then Peggy saw Alexis join the show, tie in with a clothing line, etc. In her eyes, Alexis was elevating above her, and she got jealous. Instead of trying to find her own thing, she tried to join in on Alexis's thing. In order to make herself stand out from Alexis, she stabbed her in the back.
    She really is mean and spiteful about Alexis, but Alexis isn't always Ms. Nice to her. And what are we to make of her sincerity when she sobs at a dinner party because Frugly isn't with her, but then goes off boozing and shrieking and Lesbian Dancing for two nights halfway across the country. Remember, she used the absence of his Godawful Highness as the excuse for ruining Popgun Peggy's horrible dinner party.

With Gretchen, I think the way she's treating Slade this season is showing that all those who said she was dating him for shock value are right.
    I hope not, for his sake.

She doesn't seem to respect him. She treats him like an accessory. Some women on the show carry a certain purse, or drive a certain car, so that they stand out and people want to be like them (in their minds). Gretchen is acting as if Slade is what makes her stand out on the show, and keeps people talking about her. It seems like she thinks she's got to have a man in her life in order to have a storyline, and Slade gives her a stoyline.
    "Alls" (thank you, Countess!) I know is that love apparently isn't supposed to count the cost. Gretchen, for all her cackling kooky girl act, is too calculating by half for my taste. She swears she loves him, weeps more tears over that, but then acts as if this debt, which might 'go away' according to her, if the court agrees, is insurmountable. Also, she's worried that Slade 'looks bad' because of his 'reputation' which will 'hold her back.'

I.e., he's no moneybags. Which is an attitude I find vile. If you love somebody you love them all the way, baggage and all, and you don't contemplate letting go of them for your own good, because you can't live in a world without them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    As mad as I get watching Vickie, I felt really sad for her too, because I realized last night that she knows exactly what she wants, but does not realize what responsibility she holds to making those things happen.
    Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk View Post
    Saw this blog post today saying Slade moved out of Gretchen's last week. I looked over her twitter and haven't seen anything in it, pathetically majorly curious if this is true or not!!!

Gretchen Rossi/Slade Smiley: Pot, Meet Kettle | ABSURD2SUBLIME
    She will insist on constantly losing lawsuits. A wise man (with sad, blue expressive gorgeous handsome loving eyes) once told you, "everyone's got baggage," Gretch.

I felt sorry for Vicki last night. The dissolution of a marriage is never an easy thing.
    But, she is so clueless about things. That man worshipped her and she just tossed him aside. Very sad to see.
    I really felt bad for Slade last night. Gretchen is definitely coming across badly this season. And, for her, to even insinuate that Vicki was feigning her illness was just mind boggling and mean!! What's up with that??!!
    Was anybody else as surprised as I was about Lynn's face last night? Is she now doing plastic surgery on a daily basis?!!
    Can't wait for the showdown with Tamra and Jeana next week! Looks like it will be good.
    These women are so totally entertaining, I love it!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread