+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2495Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

The only real true character trait of St. Boob of the Rack (thanx for the name, Anglo) is that she is consistent. Consistently dishonest. If she's a devout Christian, well then I'm the pope.

She didn't miss husband Frug at that party; she was wailing because she and Frug had a rip roaring fight and he told her to get out of the house and go wail someplace else.

The entire fakey Christian storyline is weak. This woman is a hubris-filled shell. She is pretty in that all-look-alike-Barbie kinda way; but her character stinks to proverbial high heaven; and that's as close to Jesus as she'll get.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Just love how Vicki says she turns to God for help as she is expressing how very upset she is about her marriage and then they show her reading a book re: prayers for God to help you with wealth. What about reading a book about how to have a marriage the way God intended? Reading about having God help you to make wealth only shows that you are determined to increase your business, not work on your marriage, which is funny, because alot of her marital problems ARE because she works too much and ignores her family. In God's world, it's God first, family 2nd and then work.

And did anyone notice Alexis's remark in the French restaurant to the owner about fragua (I probably spelled it wrong, I've never even seen it on a menu) being a "delicatessen" in France rather than a delicacy? I was cracking up. I truly think that Alexis is not the brightest bulb in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Alexis has obviously never read the Bible for herself. Everytime she says what the Bible "says" on the show; I get the feeling it's the Jim interpretation and version. She's parroting what he tells her which supports how he wants her to act to benefit himself.

Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Hmmmmm.....wonder what she would have said if one of the girls was Jewish.
    I am of Jewish background and now am a Christian (aka Messianic Jew)...but God is still God...HE never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I am of Jewish background and now am a Christian (aka Messianic Jew)...but God is still God...HE never changes.
    You misunderstood............when these self-righteous people say that someone is not acting Christian -- well that really wouldn't be applicable if the person was Jewish.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You misunderstood............when these self-righteous people say that someone is not acting Christian -- well that really wouldn't be applicable if the person was Jewish.
    Ohhh..ok. I only made the "Christian" reference because Alexis refers to herself as one. Now if she said she was Jewish...that would not be applicable.

Why did Alexis want to have her show in a french restraunt when she didn't like half of the food choices or be able to pronounce them? The chef looked insulted. No wonder the french hate us. And her clothes looked like a line for prostitutes and hoochies. Some of those dresses were super short!
    I felt sorry for Vicki. She seemed so sad about her failed marriage. I was feeling sorry for Gretchen too until the fashion show when she made an azz out of herself by thinking Vicki was ruining the show 'on purpose'. You don't fake a hemorrhage, bleeding from your butt, or having surgery. But this was coming from a woman who used a terminally ill man as her own personal ATM machine back in the day. She did try to do damage control on Andy's show but she wasn't convincing, she still came off as a beotch.

I haven't watched last nights episode yet but a couple of quick observations.

I think Peggy is envious of Alexis. Alexis is younger and prettier. Sure Alexis talks over people and does the one-up thing. But Peggy has pretty much shown she doesn't LIKE Alexis by talking crap with Tamra and Vicki about Alexis. Her face spoke volumes during the San Antonio trip. I thought Peggy and St.Boob were best buds. This competition thing between them has been shown since the start of the season. Something else that struck me during that trip is how the women didn't talk about Tamra/Vicki. I'm sure if they had Bravo would've shown it. But when Peggy/Tamra/Vicki get together they always gossip about the other women.

I've pretty much been in Gretchen's camp since she came to RHOC but this season not so much. I hate the way she talks to/about Slade. Not much of a slade admirer, but if you are in a relationship with someone you treat them with respect.

Tamra and Vicki-I really dislike these two women so much. lol There are no redeeming qualities about them.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    And did anyone notice Alexis's remark in the French restaurant to the owner about fragua (I probably spelled it wrong, I've never even seen it on a menu) being a "delicatessen" in France rather than a delicacy? I was cracking up. I truly think that Alexis is not the brightest bulb in the box.
    That was hilarious.

FORT Fogey

Great points Livin4reality. I think you're right about Peggy. It seems like she and Alexis were friends, and saw each other as equals. Then Peggy saw Alexis join the show, tie in with a clothing line, etc. In her eyes, Alexis was elevating above her, and she got jealous. Instead of trying to find her own thing, she tried to join in on Alexis's thing. In order to make herself stand out from Alexis, she stabbed her in the back.

With Gretchen, I think the way she's treating Slade this season is showing that all those who said she was dating him for shock value are right. She doesn't seem to respect him. She treats him like an accessory. Some women on the show carry a certain purse, or drive a certain car, so that they stand out and people want to be like them (in their minds). Gretchen is acting as if Slade is what makes her stand out on the show, and keeps people talking about her. It seems like she thinks she's got to have a man in her life in order to have a storyline, and Slade gives her a stoyline.

+ Reply to Thread