+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 331 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree2008Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Okay I will admit it...curosity got the better of me last night. For the record I only saw parts of the show. I saw Peggy's over-reaction to her daughter's cut. Do I smell lawsuit over this? She made several remarks about that frame being sharp. Peggy...you are the Mom & it is your responsibility to check out an unfamiliar space to ensure it is safe. I'm sorry but I never saw her daughter even touch the frame but that could be edited out...perhaps. Peggy's main focus seemed to be on her daughter in the pool with her father rather than the one sitting next to her. Then she screamed BLOOD & first lifted up her daughters skirt on her bathing suit; what did she think...Capri had her period??? Then all of a sudden little drops of blood were all over the place. Hmmmm I had 2 kids...if they got a cut & it bleed...they cried especially at that age. Isn't this family in financial trouble??? Just sayin.... Tamra...she has become the most vile woman in the histroy of RHW. I don't care about your vajay-jay nor do I care how many times a day you & your "boy toy" have sex. She is a million times worse than Danielle. I thought I was going to get an STD from just watching her. Wait until next year she is going to have her "A-HA" moment. Good thing is I won't be watching. BRAVO lost a loyal viewer.

nope, mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I was just catching up on this show. I have to be in a certain frame of mind to watch this show or else I'll get hives or worse if it were possible to catch something through the T.V. But I digress. The whole part of Tamara with her boyfriend made my Gaydar go right off the Richter Scale. Am I the only one?

Dragonlady: Yes, Eddie is the one we are talking about.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Did you mean that Eddie seems to be gay??
    Who looks like the third wheel here?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pulp View Post
    Hey Pulp, Welcome to FORT! And thank you for that photo and comment - it is friggin' hilarious I'll bet both Andy and Eddie have that photo framed but they cut Tamra out of the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by pulp View Post
    WOW!!
    you're sooo right!
    Maybe that's why he had to chug that wine down so fast before climbing into the tub with Tamra. Liquid Courage.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the wine makes TamRAA look more like a trucker.

FORT Fogey

I finally got to watch RHOOC from Sunday and I have to say, it was a bit sleazy as usual. But not always charmingly so.
    First the Gretch bothered her dad with questions about will she/won’t she marry that big hunk of man-whore Sexy Slade. Her dad had half-an eye on her and half on some waitress younger than his daughter, which was creepy and crawly and icky. I think the secret behind the Gretch is that she’s boring deep down inside. I have to say that I wasn’t too keen on how her dad rides with Slade every week but still can’t say that he’d be a good husband for his little Gretch. Or that he wouldn’t. And good Lord does the Gretch trowel on the makeup glop. Did she never hear of Jill Masterson's mythic death?

Saint Boob is in a fantasy world where she is a dress designer. What she’s really doing is taking Troglodyte’s money to hire a real dress designer who will take the vague sketches and half-formed ideas from her little brain and turn them into something that a woman may actually desire to wear. Of course, we all know the designer is milking Saint Boob (snark snark milking the boob) and tweaking the teats that make Trog’s money flow, sweet and nourishing money-milk, while convincing herself that she still has a chance to make it big time in the fashion hub which is Irvine, but we also know that it will never happen. So most of the dresses will have a sad slump, the growing recognition of failure, in every stitch.

Now despite Saint Boob making it terribly clear that she has excellent taste in clothes (i.e., she can buy them - surely if you have taste you don't really need to tell people), she also reminds us that if Trog finds any reason whatsoever to desire her to stop her dream, she will obediently abandon it. To me this really assures that the ‘dress line’ will be mediocre at best; if Saint Boob(‘s designer) does too well, it will take up more time than Trog can spare, and he’ll press the button on Boob’s retractable leash and she’ll come zipping back to heel. The secret to her pretending to have a life outside of being a princesslave is to never be quite excellent. Her dream will be switched off with a fat troglodytic thumb the very second it comes true.

Which is of course only proper since she’s a woman and therefore fit only to cook, clean and bear little children for the glory of Trog. Amirite, Gloria Steinem?

At some point Saint Boob takes her kids on a publicity tour, a pretend shopping trip so we are all reminded that yes, she does indeed do that parenting thing. Is it me or does the Boob protest too much?

Popgun Peggy makes a fake documentary about her postpartum depression. It's really sad how a genuine problem, one which causes misery at what should be a joyful time for millions of new mothers, becomes used in Orangeland, to fuel a dokko, gather some fake crocodile tears from the director, and make a point with the subtlety of a brick through a window.

Then to dispel the memories of her basically saying she didn’t want her second daughter, Akron, Ohio, she makes an inordinate fuss about a tiny little cut on Akron’s finger, making her husband, the sort-of-good-looking but very indulgent Micah rush the little Midwestern city to the hospital where the doctors were bemused but took care of the baby’s booboo. Micah must have the patience of Job to deal with Popgun but maybe it’s really love (and money) that glues them together. But! At least slightly-sexy Micah let his moppet into his car, unlike Trogo! He really is almost the best husband on the show and definitely possibly do-worthy. Maybe.

Off to Cabo San Lucas with Ickie and TamRAA. First we have a sad little scene where the two ancient ones try to drink tequila while ‘whooping it up’ and looking around to make sure we notice how madcap they are. It just seemed so forced and sad and old. Sometimes, when ladies of a certain age try to be so much younger than they are, it doesn’t make them interesting, it just makes them seem so much older than they are. By flinging in our faces how they are desperately trying to be not old, they paradoxically appear ancient and dusty and sad. (Much like Boob’s dress rack, you the moment you achieve what you want, it slips through your hands like the dust from your wrinkles.) Anyway, they made a sad spectacle of themselves with the ‘tequila ritual’ (any drink that has a ‘ritual’ is by my definition a poser’s libation, the beverage of the pretentious and not worth one’s time) and then go get dindins.

Ew fish! Raw fish! Ew! Fish! Ickie moaned (didn’t she read the menu?) and moaned and moaned, and then demanded TamRAA’s obedience in writing out a mea culpa confessing her various ‘sins’ and promising ever so truly, humbly, and with a clear consciousness of her lowly status, to be better in the future. Of course, Ickie sees nothing wrong in her own conduct, but then I don’t think she has much time on her agenda for self-examination, do you? Barging into people’s bedrooms, embarrassing her children whenever she possibly can, shrieking with noisy and noxious delight at anything that promises libation, laughing at proud peoples and other cultures, she can’t possibly know or care how utterly self-obsessed she is. Except that she obsesses over it. Another paradox!

Sweet Mother Mary on a Stick I do NOT need to hear about TamRAA’s vajayjay, how Eddie’s stretched it out so she’s waking like a cowboy, or that she may need a tune up down there. Ickie finds all this talk horrifying because it wasn’t about her, but TamRAA ploughs on regardless, and then makes an even more melon-choly scene in the pool bar, pretending to be young again, reminding us that she’s on the wrong side of two hundred, letting some random woman do body shots off her and trying to fix Ickie up with some guy who really did look a lot like Don. Ickie was horrified by the body shots because they weren’t about her, and after all, she is easy to get along with, if you do, think, believe and say exactly what she wants you to. Which is all connected with her. Because she’s icky, erm, that was supposed to be 'marvelous,' sorry.

Eventually TamRAA delivers her five page typed essay, cite and fact checked, hand written by ancient Hebrew scribes on vellum from virgin lambs, and Ickie is placated. Because unlike every other topic in the world, it’s all about her. All about the Ickie Solar System, where the tiny little Ickie planets, Donnanus, Briannanus, Mikanus, Random Flirty Guyanus, TamRAAnus, and Moneyanus revolve around her, but never their own axes because then they’d have there back to her half the time and that cannot, will not, may not be allowed to ever do. You there! Bask in the Ickie Light at all times! See! It’s easy!

And then we left the Lands of the County of Orange, the Duke Oompa Loompa's sunny territory, to go visit the gorgon infested swamps of Miami, that sweltering bug patch on the arse-end of Florida that drug money and swindlesome land deals have made a mecca for people who pretend it’s great to sit in eternal steam baths watching alligators eat their pets. Yeay, Miami! Yeay Mosquitos! Yeay Mugginess!

I saw both scenes with Eddie again.
    As I initially posted, I still believe it's an act.
    Even more so the 2nd time around.
    If possible, the restaurant scene with Marcos set me off even more than the bathtub one.
    What would I ever do without these self absorbed whackos!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

After my second viewing of the bathtub scene, I must say Tamra looks like an old hag with her hair all wet and matted down and her spackling - um, I mean her makeup - melting off her face. And now she claims she's sorry for doing that bathtub scene. What an idiot - think before you do things that might scar your children for life or cause you to lose any parental rights to them. And Eddie...I'm in total agreement with NoRealityHere: Eddie is acting. Even my gay roommate thinks Eddie is gay.

+ Reply to Thread