+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 370 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Dragonlady -
    Vicki was definitely talking about her marriage when lunching with Tamra. Her little brain wheels were spinning as fast as they could. Vicki is a planner, she does nothing spontaneously. I believe she's planned on fixing the house, selling it and divorcing ol' Donn all along.
    YES!!
    Gretchen's awful cackle, aka laugh is about to drive me nuts.
    And YES!!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

ok, so now I finally finished watching this episode. So many disgusting, horrible and delicious stuff to talk about!
    Tamra is delusional and in denial. She looks good.....for her age (and all the body parts she bought) but she's old and there comes a time when you have to behave and appear your age, otherwise you're a joke to everyone else.
    And Mr. Boyfriend isn't all that great to me and you have to wonder, what's wrong with him that if he continues to be with Tamra.

Gretchen is quite a nag to Slimey. I personally can't see anything good about him but she obviously does but then she constantly berrates him. How long can he put up with that?
    I also think she is one of those people who's personality changes when she drinks. She gets argumentative and defensive.

Alexis is another delusional woman. There is a serious self esteem issue with her to tolerate, and claim to agree with, the way her husband treats her.
    His superiority complex is off the charts!! And he's so homely! He looks like he's lost a lot of weight since last season. Poor ol' Alexis, thought they were shopping for some jewelry for her. Shame on her! she should know her place because a man always comes first.

One of the main things about this show that bothers me, (even though I'll keep watching) is that these women give the rest of us a bad image. They seriously play the typical stereotype of greedy women. They pay more attention to what they look like, what their men can give them, etc. They are so shallow. I guess otherwise Bravo wouldn't make any profits but jeeze, they sure live up to the very worst image a woman can have.

FORT Fogey

Dragonlady: They don't give anyone but themselves a bad image - they're so far from 'normal' that they aren't, by anyone with half a brain, suitable for generalizing about women with. They do make California look nice though. I remember watching NY (and NJ and ATL), and whenever they were outside in summer thinking "Yup, you all look nice but it's stinking hot and humid so stop pretending you don't want to go into the pool or inside where the sweet sweet dry breath of the air conditioning will cool you." In California it looks like it's ALWAYS a good day to be outside. Here, that's really only spring and autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Dragonlady: In California it looks like it's ALWAYS a good day to be outside. Here, that's really only spring and autumn.
    Ha....wish you were right but it can be very, very nasty -- and yes "cold" (and please don't say we don't know what cold is when it's 20 degrees and snow here." Cold is cold.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I wasn't going to say that out loud but.....

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    And Mr. Boyfriend isn't all that great to me and you have to wonder, what's wrong with him that if he continues to be with Tamra.
    Hold on to your hat:

"Wedding bells will be ringing soon for Tamra Barney and her new boyfriend."

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW & PHOTOS: OC Housewife Tamra Barney Tells Radar: I'm Getting Married! | Radar Online

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't imagine why someone wants to get married so quickly after getting out of another marriage, plus there's also the "She's 42, and he's 25" factor. You have GOT to be kidding me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

[QUOTE=pulp;4253957]Hold on to your hat:

"Wedding bells will be ringing soon for Tamra Barney and her new boyfriend."

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW & PHOTOS: OC Housewife Tamra Barney Tells Radar: I'm Getting Married! | Radar Online

Oh Puhleez! Either this is a publicity stunt or maybe these two are hoping for their own reality show or it's sheer stupidity or it's all three.
    Frickin idiots...both of them. And Dear God please don't let them have children OR adopt. That is my one wish for the year 2011

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't imagine why someone wants to get married so quickly after getting out of another marriage, plus there's also the "She's 42, and he's 25" factor. You have GOT to be kidding me.
    He's really only 37 which makes him 6 years younger. My husband is 7 years younger than me and we've been married almost 25 years. It can work but as with everything else, it depends on the people. I don't think Tamra could make a sensible marriage if her life depended on it. All her basic values are screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    In California it looks like it's ALWAYS a good day to be outside. Here, that's really only spring and autumn.
    Hate to disagree with Canuck here, but I think that basically the weather is almost always wonderful. It's what makes up for all the weirdos, the noise, the traffic, too many people, too much concrete, no space, etc etc.
    It is truly beautiful.
    It may get hot in summer but bearable because of low humidity. Can't help it. I love it. Being a native, I'd never leave.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    On the Bravo site, they have pics of the Housewives before they were Housewives.
    Gretchen looks totally different.

The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 6 - Before They Were Housewives: Gretchen - Photo Gallery - Bravo TV Official Site

most people do look quite different when they turn 16 than when they are in their 30's

+ Reply to Thread