+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree1905Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I finally watched the episode this afternoon. There are many words that one could use to describe Tamra, but the first one that pops into my mind is just . . . . ewwwwww.

I did have to laugh at Peggy and Alexis, though. Had a friend who used to think raising our children was a contest, as though either of us had any influence on how early they crawled or walked. Listening to the two of them try to one up each other brought back many humorous memories. (Mostly revolving around the times when my children demonstrated their superiority without me having to point it out.)

(And before I get sent to Camille's House O' Etiquette for bad behavior -- I'm JUST KIDDING)

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspet View Post
    I finally watched the episode this afternoon. There are many words that one could use to describe Tamra, but the first one that pops into my mind is just . . . . ewwwwww.

I did have to laugh at Peggy and Alexis, though. Had a friend who used to think raising our children was a contest, as though either of us had any influence on how early they crawled or walked. Listening to the two of them try to one up each other brought back many humorous memories. (Mostly revolving around the times when my children demonstrated their superiority without me having to point it out.)

(And before I get sent to Camille's House O' Etiquette for bad behavior -- I'm JUST KIDDING)
    LOL I had a friend like that too. The relationship ended when she realised I didn't give a hoot about who's kid did what first. I wasn't going to play those games and she had nothing else to offer.

The new HW's mom was good for laughs. She's got somekinda double dog stem cell stuff that makes her 77 year old face skin look like that of a 76 year old with standard sag. She rocks! Love the new people Bravo keeps bringing us!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Wish I could have understood the new HW's mother's mumbo jumbo. It was hilarious! Speaking as a nurse, I know there is a place for some holistic medicine, but she took the cake.

I found Vicki's talk with Tamra about not staying with a man once you stopped loving them very interesting. It was very prophetic. I think she was really talking about herself and Don's situation, as we know now that she is going through a divorce.

Speaking of Tamra, her new boyfriend, who is not hard to look at...lol, seems to really like her. Maybe he will tone her down. Hmmmmmm, probably not!! Speaking of good looking, or not, I find Slade's sloppyness very distracting (know AngloAm would not agree...hehehe) and just don't like him on the show. I have stated before though, that he and Gretchen probably suit each other in an odd, quirky kind of way.

Didn't like the way Vicki was rude and condescending to the Spanish speaking workers. Luckily, they didn't understand her, or I think they didn't. I would hate to work for her for sooooooo many reasons. We already saw how she runs her seminars! Woohoo!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Newbie

I am going to watch PBS at least one hour per day to off set my junk tv addiction. Much like eating celery instead of doing fast food. Having said that.. this show has become so sad. I think we know by now, with all the bankruptcies and foreclosures ect, most of these people never had any real money.All spending and no real money. I remember reading as article about Vicki..that she did this show to promote her business..she was not that sucessful. And really would you buy an insurance product from her? Her "team" is made up of children starting out. When Vicki said she would sell her house and didn't care what anyone thought(ie Don) she said it all. The only person who counts is her. She has to be the most needy, selfish woman who hurts and embarrasses her children. And ALexis' husband...creepy beyond words and so fake with the Jesus routine. Real Christians work on their actions, not constant propaganda.
    The rest..I find myself FF the DVR. Enough of my soap box. time to watch PBS

Tamara has young children. Divorced or not, who would do that kind of bath tub scene on national tv? What is wrong with her? She has lost it IMO. I don't like Alexis, but I agree with her on this. IT was too close to adult entertainment.

FORT Fanatic

Luckily I taped most of last night's show and watched it later. I was able to fast-forward most of Tamra's behavior. She gives me the creeps. And she has CHILDREN to raise.

Alex and her husband are just unbelievable. All that religious stuff doesn't seem very realistic given the other things they say.

And the newest woman (I forget her name - the one with the holistic mother-in-law) doesn't seem to have very good skin.

ok, tamra and eddie were completely disgusting in the restaurant. if i was marco, i would have left.

then the bathtub scene?!?!?!? i just don't get it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Her daughter, Brianna has wayyyyyy more class than Icki!
    Totally agree (yay I fixed my keyboard!), that's why I haven't 'friended' Brianna on facebook - Ickie is such a public figure but Brianna is herself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    What was up with Brianna using her finger to brush her teeth?
    If it wasn't for Top Chef I would disable Bravo from my system.
    If you've not got a toothbrush with you...actually it works better, if you can stomach it, with salt than with toothpaste (I've read, citing Isabella Fonseca's "Bury Me Standing" page I forget which).

Perhaps Brianna went/was forced to go/was frogmarched on the "Near to Seattle" trip with little notice. And the sumptious digs mummy rented uniquely didn't offer free cheap toothpaste and toothbrushes.

+ Reply to Thread