+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 370 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

(I just watched this RHOC epi last night) funniest line, when Alexis is telling Tamra about how she is just a Mom a Mom like "BEV CLEAVER" whattttttttt, I about roared, who the heck is BEV Cleaver, her name was JUNE!!!

I actually went back after she said that and put on the captions, as I had no clue what she was saying .

I am not a Gretchen fan anymore, she is so annoying. She just wants to come across as this beautiful professional woman with a business, instead she is an annoying p.i.t.a. who flirts all day long with everyone and anyone and has some SLIME-bag as a boyfriend.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    But I think these ladies love the suburbs; the live in the suburbs and inhabit the suburbs of fame.
    Brilliantly put. I have no problem with suburbs per se, but they are an appropriate metaphor for this group in particular. They've got to be the most conformist, unoriginal, unimaginative group of women on television. They all wear the same clothes, have the same French manicures and the same dyed hair. I have yet to hear any of them talk about anything of any interest (insurance doesn't count). Do they read? Are they interested in current events or politics? Do they have hobbies that don't involve resort vacations and Jell-O shots? I swear the only interesting person in the whole group is Vicki's daughter.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    I noticed something on a few of the women tonight that I never noticed before. They all wear allot of makeup but you can see acne under it. That pancake stuff Gretchen wears if you look on her right check her skin is all broke out. These ladies would be so much prettier if they layed off the makeup. Tamra had little makeup at the end of the episode and she still looked so pretty. I'm sorry but I am a housewife and I do not cake the stuff on like that. Because I do not I look much younger than friends my age. Just Yuck.
    I've always noticed that and wondered how they look in real light. Gretchen and Vicki's faces are the worst and that Fernando's is not any better!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I am not a Gretchen fan anymore, she is so annoying. She just wants to come across as this beautiful professional woman with a business, instead she is an annoying p.i.t.a. who flirts all day long with everyone and anyone and has some SLIME-bag as a boyfriend.
    And her constant cackling laugh which she probably thinks is so cute and endearing- Yuck! I thought no OC housewife could make me dislike them as much as Lynn Curtin but Gretchen just came in first. And her veneers just keep getting longer each season. I'm sure Gretchen has a nice stash of money that Jeff left her. She claims he left her nothing but I say she's full of it.

FORT Newbie

Gretchen is Gretchen's biggest fan! I can't believe how she hysterically laughs at everything Gretchen says ( and reinforces it w her applause!! )

Between and betwixt these various awfulnesses we’ve been seeing Ickie attempt to embarrass the entire Pacific Northwest, or at least those parts of it with boats, booze, and boys for Brianna. I can’t imagine working for the woman. She has zero sense of boundaries. Yet she’s another one who can’t tell the difference between friends and employees. It’s sad to watch her steely determination to be liked, her imperious instance on affection, her creepy demands to see her employees’ underwear. She sometimes (!) forgets her employees aren’t her friends but she never forgets she’s their employer. If they object to her blurred lines, her inebriation, her lack of discretion, her frenzied and staged and faked enthusiasm, her ear-piercing shrieks, her intrusiveness, in short if they want a normal employer-employee relationship, she’s made it clear that they can hit the road. You’re either one of “her people” (=her son’s friends since no real insurance professional would put up with her crap for a moment) or you’re forgotten, instantly.
    You really have Vickie pegged correctly. I was trying to say the same thing but you say it so much better. V needs everyone to love her, including her employees. Her continual, constant undying love for her work (Insurance sales!!) is odd, to say the least. Something else about it is filling her bottomless love tank. But she fails to understand that an employer shouldn't and can't be a boss and a friend. It doesn't work and is extremely confusing to the employees.

TamRAA goes shopping for new digs because “it’s time.” Apparently she can afford only moderate ones because she’s not keen on sacrificing her dignity to ask Slimon for dough. Good for her! At least something’s beneath her.
    What makes you think Tamra sin't asking/getting money from Simon? I just assumed she did.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    They've got to be the most conformist, unoriginal, unimaginative group of women on television. They all wear the same clothes, have the same French manicures and the same dyed hair. I have yet to hear any of them talk about anything of any interest (insurance doesn't count). Do they read? Are they interested in current events or politics? Do they have hobbies that don't involve resort vacations and Jell-O shots?

You are completely right with your observation about the people who live there.
    I once lived in a neighborhood quite similar to other fancy suburbs like Beverly Hills and areas of OC.....always towns with lots of money...only my town considered itself above all the rest because there was lots of "old money" there and none of that "new money" and the kind of people you get with that.

As to what they talk about:
    Where they spent their last vacation and where they will be spending their next vacation because they are just so tired and exhausted all the time,

the difficulty of getting good hired help,

all the committees they are on,

the next and last charitable event they went to and who was there,

should they re-do the pool and tennis court or just buy a new place, but that means totally re-decorating the new house and they're just soooo busy,

and of course, their perfect children.

I didn't make a lot of friends but I was there for the good schools for my kids. Once they had graduated, I was out of there and glad to be gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    What makes you think Tamra sin't asking/getting money from Simon? I just assumed she did.
    She says she wasn't asking for any which is different from not getting any, now that I think of it.

Is it me or do none of these women do any kind of charity work?

FORT Fogey

Week two of our foray into the County of the Oranges and what a week it was.

We start off with the charming sight of Slade’s damp butt cheeks – he’s showering as his lady The Gretch sleeps prettily with her dogs. I think Slade is trying to be seen as a bit less slimy this season; he pads off looking fetching in just a towel to feed the dogs and the Gretch, who remarks that he’s not compensated except in bed <snigger> <chortle> <wheeze>. This of course is a terribly important bit of news to get out as it bolsters Slade’s claim to penury before the courts. This is a position insulting to my intellect. If Slade’s assistance as the Gretch’s bitch is so valuable, if he’s such a great help doing everything she wants (lucky Gretch – I’d not mind having him at my beck and call), then why isn’t he compensated for it? If he’s not worth paying for, why have him part of your business? I’m sure the two of them aren’t hiding his income through her – that would be wrong and sleazy. And they’d never do that, oh, no.

Cut to TamRAA entertaining and being desperate for the attention of (new sort of cast member) Fernandina the Lesbina. Apparently she’s reduced to getting her kicks from flirting with Brazilian bombshells only to cruelly turn them down. Tee. Hee. Her giggles turn to whiny winy tears which rather discomfort Lesbina who tells her, nicely, to shut up and stop being a buzz kill. TamRAA’s waterworks are going full tilt as she blubs about ‘what happened to my life?’ (TamRAA – it’s called karma…you were so vicious and judgmental about everyone else…geddit? No she doesn’t geddit as we shall see.)

But! It’s SoCal and the Gods of Citrus have decreed everlasting sunshine so Saint Boob of the Rack introduces us to another new cast member, Popgun Peggy Tannous. They’ve gotten together to take their broods out to eat things in the park. Popgun Peggy has her two children, little Skegness and Kaliningrad or some such names picked out of an atlas, and St. Boob has her squalling pack of … well … she really must have the nanny introduce them one day. A frightfully sad little contest of one upmanship ensues because these ladies seem to have no mental resources, no independent accomplishments, no knowledge of the world outside the Orange Curtain to discuss. It’s pathetic to listen to them compare darling Scunthorpe’s belches to wozzerface’s burps, or sweet little Krakow’s babble to whosername’s gibberish. (Apparently the ideal child in their world craps and pees where it’s supposed to, is generally quiet the rest of the time, and can be propped up in front of a camera to ‘model.’ In other words, it must be just like them and only need a little shove to toe the line. Just like them.)

FORT Newbie

Two best lines. When Tamara said she no longer wanted to be a "trophy wife"( I thought a trophy wife was usually young and beautiful..she is neither) And when Alexis said her child just loves beef and goes for the caviar??
    Vicki is no longer just sad..she is so inapproriate .. she needs real psych treatment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by catty2 View Post
    Two best lines. When Tamara said she no longer wanted to be a "trophy wife"( I thought a trophy wife was usually young and beautiful..she is neither) And when Alexis said her child just loves beef and goes for the caviar??
    The closest thing to a possible trophy wife on this show would be The Gretch, if you were able to overlook her cackle and her face spackle.

But as for caviar, I can't be too reverse-snobby about it. I'd eat it a lot more if I could afford it. I find it delicious. Not on toast points but on buttered Swedish rye crisps. I miss getting it from East Berlin.

Vicki is no longer just sad..she is so inapproriate .. she needs real psych treatment.
    I've seen homeless people less needy. The tragedy is that she's so insecure that she repels as strongly as she tries to attract.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 03-16-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Add part about caviar.

+ Reply to Thread