+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 286 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree1443Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

ummmmm, was i the only one that found icky's "training" trip odd!?!??!?! i mean, why are all those ppl in the bed together? when is it okay to get loaded w your boss and then gyrate around in your bikini? i just don't get it. and as usual, i feel so sorry for brianna. her mom is a total whack job - i'd have to say something to my mom if she was constantly trying to play matchmaker.

Just what this show needs - another tall blonde with too much plastic surgery and a gun!! Yikes...talk about OC stereotypes. The new lady actually makes Alexis look nice! How sad is that!

I really like Fernanda so far.
    How lovely to see a woman who doesn't need the inflated b**bs or a ton of makeup to look great. What a beauty she is!!
    Tamra looked like she'd been making up for all the non-eating she did over last summer. And, those clothes were way too tight!

Did it look like Vicki's office manager - Briana's friend - really, really dislikes Vicki?! Her expressions at the awards seminar were just priceless.

I, also, can't believe how Vicki allows her employees to sleep together like that!! What is she thinking!! I hope Brianna does manage to get herself away from her this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

When Vicki was getting the award...did anyone notice the guy that made the little speech. I SWEAR it looked like Roberto....from Ali (The Bachlorette) and Roberto. Isn't he in the insurance business?? There was another shot of him later at the cocktail party.

I didn't TiVo it, but I will the next time it airs.

Did anyone else think that looked like him?
    kitty-cats rule!

I saw him, but I didn't think he looked anything like Roberto.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It was annoying to hear Vicki repeatedly refer to being in Seattle. She wasn't in Seattle, which has diversity and culture and attracts people who are smart and curious. Vicki was in Bellevue, a suburb that's no doubt like most of Orange County, with the exact same restaurants, stores and a lake where you can drink margaritas and yell "woooooo." This isn't a slam on Bellevue -- I used to live there -- but if I were traveling that far north for an insurance conference I'd at least have my group stay in the city. Maybe that's too foreign for Vicki, who is probably the franchise's least imaginative housewife.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

The new housewife: Eh, they could have done without her. She didn't seems very interesting to me. So she has two kids named after European places and likes to shoot guns. It all comes down to she is just like the other ones; plastic surgery, fake blonde hair and all. And the little pissing contest she had in the playground with Alexis's was so juvenile.

FORT Fogey

It wasn't that long ago that Vicki's business was done out of her house, with just Laurie working for her. All the sudden, she's got all these people working for her, and is being rewarded for being a top recruiter. AND, all the people working with her look like they're her kids ages. I think that as her kids friends graduated from college, she just had them all come work for her. She probably only pays them a small commission, and it gives her a way to keep tabs on her kids lives. That's why she is treating them on a business trip like she's the cool mom who took all the kids on a Spring Break trip.

Lately, I find myself actually feeling sorry for Vickie. Her need for love, approval and acceptance are really kind of pathetic and so revealing.

The new woman on the show is just as ridiculous as the rest. When my husband and I have gone target shooting, I also wear heels, tight jeans and a backless top. Isn't that the proper attire?

Plastic surgery: Nobody looks younger. They just look odd. I no longer try to guess who's had something "done" and who hasn't. It's easy to tell. Look at them and if you instinctively think something's "off" you can be pretty sure it's surgery. It's often hard to tell just what they have had done but your eye will tell you that something's not right.

Just loved what Bravo's been doing lately: showing us one of the wives talk baloney about their lives and then all the while, they show us clips totally negating everything they say, like Vickie and Alexis.
    Didn't you just love it when Alexis explained that when she "gets out of line" her hubby is right there to put her back into her place but he's not controlling. No siree!! Not one bit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    It was annoying to hear Vicki repeatedly refer to being in Seattle. She wasn't in Seattle, which has diversity and culture and attracts people who are smart and curious. Vicki was in Bellevue, a suburb that's no doubt like most of Orange County, with the exact same restaurants, stores and a lake where you can drink margaritas and yell "woooooo." This isn't a slam on Bellevue -- I used to live there -- but if I were traveling that far north for an insurance conference I'd at least have my group stay in the city. Maybe that's too foreign for Vicki, who is probably the franchise's least imaginative housewife.
    Ickie was terribly annoying the entire scene of the trip. But I think these ladies love the suburbs; the live in the suburbs and inhabit the suburbs of fame. She seems to have no boundaries whatsoever, and wants to be everyone's friend, until she admits that it's her way or they can walk. She seems (like The Gretch) to have no idea of the difference between a friend and an employee. It may work for a while but I'm sure she's stirring up resentments in her employees the way she has with Briana.

FORT Fogey

Between and betwixt these various awfulnesses we’ve been seeing Ickie attempt to embarrass the entire Pacific Northwest, or at least those parts of it with boats, booze, and boys for Brianna. I can’t imagine working for the woman. She has zero sense of boundaries. Yet she’s another one who can’t tell the difference between friends and employees. It’s sad to watch her steely determination to be liked, her imperious instance on affection, her creepy demands to see her employees’ underwear. She sometimes (!) forgets her employees aren’t her friends but she never forgets she’s their employer. If they object to her blurred lines, her inebriation, her lack of discretion, her frenzied and staged and faked enthusiasm, her ear-piercing shrieks, her intrusiveness, in short if they want a normal employer-employee relationship, she’s made it clear that they can hit the road. You’re either one of “her people” (=her son’s friends since no real insurance professional would put up with her crap for a moment) or you’re forgotten, instantly.

In fact nearly everything Ickie does in a group involves her either paying and forcing people to be there, or desperately coaxing them to. And mostly the former. I’m sure when she shuts up and calms down she’s quite nice, but she never shuts up or calms down. She is indeed psychotic. I bet she screeches in her sleep.

TamRAA goes shopping for new digs because “it’s time.” Apparently she can afford only moderate ones because she’s not keen on sacrificing her dignity to ask Slimon for dough. Good for her! At least something’s beneath her.

She then joins St. Boob for some physical jerks and after-workout cocktails. This was really horrid as St. Boob unwittingly admits that her husband, the blathering garbage pile known as Frug the Troglodyte, does indeed control her, that she has indeed sold herself out for an unrealistic ideal somebody claims to be a Biblical imperative, and that he basically has bought her. She’s such a prize mare, in fact, most of these Oh See women are desperately aware that they must be younger! blonder! thinner! to keep the men who supposedly love them. Or who tell them they love them. Or who buy them jewelry. (All the same thing, really.) It is so lonely, so desperately lonely and empty. TamRAA for her part spitefully decrees for Saint Boob and the Frug a similar, solitary, shattered fate to her own. With her usual blend of spite, self-righteousness, criticism, and karmic debt. I expect TamRAA will be dumped quite often before she realizes what she does to people.

Then I had dinner. Brats and sauerkraut. Somehow brats and fermented cabbage seemed appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread