+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 332 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree2018Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

The old RHOC, first year, really were the best. I liked the shows where Jeanna was a smart, successful real estate agent, little Jo was stretching her brain, and Vicki was mentoring Laurie. They shopped, partied, worked, and tried to make their lives look interesting. It was much better than the recent season that got shot all to hell with the bitter Barneys, dishonest conniving Gretch, Jeanna giving up, and and the hag witch Vicki turned into. Bravo, bring back the fun!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3973623;
    The old RHOC, first year, really were the best. I liked the shows where Jeanna was a smart, successful real estate agent, little Jo was stretching her brain, and Vicki was mentoring Laurie. They shopped, partied, worked, and tried to make their lives look interesting. It was much better than the recent season that got shot all to hell with the bitter Barneys, dishonest conniving Gretch, Jeanna giving up, and and the hag witch Vicki turned into. Bravo, bring back the fun!
    YES, YES, YES, I totally agree Prism. The only exception I would make to your suggestions is that I find Gretchen, who is a very upbeat and fun person (even with all her faults and crazy relationship with Slade) adorable and a great addition to the show. And I'm really liking the rumor of Lauri possibly coming back. . .

And, okay, I can stand a little bit of conflict --- after all, I get it, the show needs some drama, but jeez, enough of the "mean girls" and the vitriolic, spiteful conspiring against the others. It's sooooooo unpleasant to watch and just wears me down --- to the point that I just turn it off. . .
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 07-11-2010 at 07:09 AM.

FORT Fogey

The thing I can't stand about OC, (well, I imagine there are many, but here's one) is that they all fight for the spotlight so much when they film together that the whole group turns into one big, blond shrieking machine, each louder than the next. I must say, Tamra may have the biggest mouth when this starts to happen, followed by Gretch. I can't even understand what they're saying, they just start getting louder and louder and shriekier and shriekier. In a way, this franchise may be the saddest. Probably because they've been around the longest so they've been degrading the most.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-11-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3974422;
    The thing I can't stand about OC, (well, I imagine there are many, but here's one) is that they all fight for the spotlight so much when they film together that the whole group turns into one big, blond shrieking machine, each louder than the next. I must say, Tamra may have the biggest mouth when this starts to happen, followed by Gretch. I can't even understand what they're saying, they just start getting louder and louder and shriekier and shriekier. In a way, this franchise may be the saddest. Probably because they've been around the longest so they've been degrading the most.
    Yes! I turn the sound off when the screaming begins! I can't stand it!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3974333;
    YES, YES, YES, I totally agree Prism. The only exception I would make to your suggestions is that I find Gretchen, who is a very upbeat and fun person (even with all her faults and crazy relationship with Slade) adorable and a great addition to the show. And I'm really liking the rumor of Lauri possibly coming back. . .

And, okay, I can stand a little bit of conflict --- after all, I get it, the show needs some drama, but jeez, enough of the "mean girls" and the vitriolic, spiteful conspiring against the others. It's sooooooo unpleasant to watch and just wears me down --- to the point that I just turn it off. . .
    I've always said I think Gretch is sunny-bright, likeable acting, fun-loving, smiling, and really beautiful to look at. But she's dishonest and conniving. I give her A+ for fun and interest, and a big F for her lack of humanity. She stinks in that department. She's a user, a poseur, and a faker. Just MHO. BTW I still think her relationship w/Bietzel was a you scratch mine I'll scratch yours relationship; they both benefitted, dishonest as she was.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

And I'd like to see Laurie back. She and Gretchen could really work up some competition and steam for the cameras; would be fun to watch.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

I suppose I shouldn't be so strident about Gretch, but I think she's a little stinker, even though she's fun to watch!
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Cant stand Gretchen, she's more fake than all of them. UGH. No, I'm not jealous ... this season when Jeff no longer supported her, she had to back off the makeup and it showed. I wish they'd go back to original and dump everyone else, or start all over with people who are not acquainted with the current bunch.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3968370;
    Of course there wasn't a need for life guards since all Jim had to do was throw St. Boob of Rack into the pool. She does have 2 very useful floatation devices on her chest. Can't believe they were so caught up in themselves that they forgot all about the "rent-a-kids".
    Floatation devices! !!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3973623;
    There were hints of bad times, though, like when Jeanna missed Shane's HS graduation to go seal a deal and therefore, so did he. When the rest of his class were getting their pigskins, he was lying, resplendent, muscled, tanned, long, lean, and strong, on a floating chair in the swimming pool.

So I didn't mind but from the way he described his mother it seemed she was so driven she missed a lot of family stuff. Not that he once associated that with the (slightly phoney) material splendour in which he lived.

+ Reply to Thread