+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 368 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree2577Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Having been subjected to watching the previous seasons of RHOOC (until the new episodes get in full swing) watching Lynn Curtin again brings back my total dislike for her. Even though she is not on the new season (except for "guest" appearances) her ugly cuff bracelets will be worn by the other ladies as a reminder of how Lynn thinks her cuffs are creative, artistic and popular.
    She has 2 loser daughters who are plenty old enough to have found jobs/careers/college by now. But they still hang out at home complaining about their parents. Lynn blames everything regarding the downfall of her marriage on her husband. Yuck I am so glad she is gone from this show. If she wasn't I might have to call Andy's show and tell him how repulsive she is.

Gretchen and her family rent a house at Bass Lake about one hour from Fresno, CA in the Central San Joaquin Valley. Bass Lake attracts a lot of the biker crowd. Gee, maybe that's why Jeff gave her a Harley!

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Gretchen and her family rent a house at Bass Lake about one hour from Fresno, CA in the Central San Joaquin Valley. Bass Lake attracts a lot of the biker crowd. Gee, maybe that's why Jeff gave her a Harley!
    Now that makes sense. It just didn't look like Big Bear Lake to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Thanks. California always looks so expensive to us.

If you mean the big pile where everyone attacked Slade over his Sladeness, that wasn't her parents'. I think they'd rented it or borrowed it or something. It was Merv Griffin's 'estate'
    Take it from a native Californian, it isn't all grand. It can go from extreme wealth to hovels. Lots and lots of middle classes here. But always aspiring to be in the next level up.

Re Gretchen's parents: That's the place I meant but you're right. I had forgotten that was Merv's old place and it was in Palm Springs but then Merv hung out with a lot of the old Hollywood bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I actually think that, even with all the plastic surgery, Joan Rivers looks better than she might have, considering that she was not a very attractive younger woman, and was aging very badly.
    There was a time that Joan looked really good, like you said, better than without plastic surgery. The problem is she should have stopped then. I hear it's addictive and soon you need more and more.

Sorry for posting so much but I needed to do this one.

Yesterday, I watched a video of the RHOC that was on Stoopid Housewives web site.
    It made me realize that what we watch on a weekly basis is all baloney. The women on this video are not enemies or hate each other. They act like co-workers who enjoy each other's company.
    And I guess "actors" on a reality show are really co-workers.
    Sometimes I surprise myself how gullible and naive I am.
    Watch and see if you agree.

here's the video:
    RHOOC Video Spew | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Sorry for posting so much but I needed to do this one.

Yesterday, I watched a video of the RHOC that was on Stoopid Housewives web site.
    It made me realize that what we watch on a weekly basis is all baloney. The women on this video are not enemies or hate each other. They act like co-workers who enjoy each other's company.
    And I guess "actors" on a reality show are really co-workers.
    Sometimes I surprise myself how gullible and naive I am.
    Watch and see if you agree.

here's the video:
    RHOOC Video Spew | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES
    Thanks for that video link Dragonlady.
    I've never been in a hen house but I'd be willing to bet that Gretchen could out-cackle the best of the hens. I see the top of a beer bottle reared it's ugly head during that video so I'm going to take a crazy guess here and say the women were drinking yet again.
    I don't believe anything these women say or do - whether it's filmed by Bravo or, their own video cameras. I've been convinced for a very long time that most of the drama and fights are done for ratings and to comply with Bravo producers requests. However, I will continue to watch because this is the only real housewives show that I like besides the Beverly Hills women.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    BASS LAKE that's it! Well, it's monosyllabic, three phonemes, the first 'B,' the second only differing by fronting, and the third a continuant so that's probably why I confused the two.

Or I'm just old and losing my mind.

I actually think that, even with all the plastic surgery, Joan Rivers looks better than she might have, considering that she was not a very attractive younger woman, and was aging very badly. But OMG!!! Have you seen Marisol's mother on RH Miami!!! Now there's a semi-human, semi-plastic thing!!! And I really feel sad for her, because she's got to know how freakish she looks!
    Not unlike Kirk Douglas at the Oscars. WHOA!!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

I actually think that, even with all the plastic surgery, Joan Rivers looks better than she might have, considering that she was not a very attractive younger woman, and was aging very badly. But OMG!!! Have you seen Marisol's mother on RH Miami!!! Now there's a semi-human, semi-plastic thing!!! And I really feel sad for her, because she's got to know how freakish she looks!
    I thought they had invited Jocelyn Wildestein to the party..I was shocked when I saw it was Marisol's mother. But you can see her daughter is going the same route. Sorry...this should be in RHWOM.

Anyway going back to the CatHousewives of OJ County...they are still the same. Vapid, over the top, and unrealistic. And I can't wait for the rest of the episodes!

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar
    East of Reality

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar
    East of Reality

+ Reply to Thread