+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 370 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I thought when Jeff was alive, she left him and visited her family, very middle class. Maybe the midwest thing was Vickie (my memory regarding past seasons needs help!)
    I don't remember that. I remember her visiting Michigan to visit Jeff's kids after he died. And I remember Vickie and Jeana taking a trip somewhere to visit Vickie's old friends. I want to say it was Chicago, but I don't think that is right.

am i the only one who wasn't offended by this scene? maybe i wasn't paying close enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Really. Didn't Gretchen come from the midwest? She's not from royalty or money. That whole scene disgusted me because it insulted probably 85% of the women in this country.

Vicki is from the Chicago area and they did go back there a couple of times on prior seasons.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa View Post
    AngloAM ......

To honor seasons of the past and remind us of the "biggest purchaser" (poser) of Season 2-4, I changed my avatar photo as a reminder.
    There was something about George the Poser (nice one!) that made my skin crawl off me, out the door and halfway down to the airport where it wanted to fly to Timbuctoo. Blekh.

I've only watched OC since the first season after Tamra joined, so I don't know anything about before that. I think I'm remembering Gretchen in that blue bikini, and now that it's been mentioned...I think that was when she and Jeff visited his family somewhere.

There's still this nagging feeling that Gretchen was brought up middle class. Was it when she took her parents to meet Slade at some dead star's place, where was it? Palm Springs?

Is there a good supplement for memory enhancement?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    She is vague about where she came from. Yes, she'd love to claim the stereotypical mid-Western humility and goodness, but her family apparently vacationed at Bear Lake all the time, which I think is in California. I'm pretty sure she didn't come from poverty, but agree that she lacked a very large silver spoon in her gob.
    I remember Gretchen going off to be with her family at a lake house. People generally criticized her for leaving poor sick Jeff while she had fun. At the time, I felt she had the right to take some time off from helping someone seriously ill as much as she "supposedly" did. AngloAm, you say it was Bear Lake, in California. We have Big Bear Lake in the mountains here in So Cal (my family has a house up there) but for some reason I didn't connect the two. But she was raised in La Cresenta, a small town right next to Pasadena where I live & an hour and a half drive away from the lake. It's middle to upper middle class so I don't get the impression she was raised in a lot of wealth. Although her parents' place in Palm Desert which is the "new Palm Springs" since Palm Springs is no longer "The In Place" for the rich and famous, like it once was a la Sinatra, etc seems to be quite grand and property there is expensive.

I mean his physique wasn't Chippendales type - there was no six pack and he'd not shaved his chest (all of which made him much sexier in my eyes).
    I'm in total agreement with you there!!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    IIRC Jeanna did say Simon had stepped up to be a male role model in Kara's life. Part of me thinks there is alot more to that matter than we know about and could possibly be why Tamarra is so angry with Jeanna. Tamarra is in her mid 40's? while Kara is early 20's....I'm just sayin is all. They went from sexy honeymoon & finger tattoo to divorce very quickly....I'm just sayin.
    Ooooh, now there's a perspective I hadn't looked at before. You're very right in your observation that their relationship went extremely fast from a couple having "issues" to "we're getting divorced asap."
    There's probably a lot more than we are allowed to know......just saying.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 03-10-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

What is the expression? Mutton dressed as lamb? You can see the dust in the cracks around her eye. But they all try to stave off the inevitable and look more tragic than comical doing it. They wind up like Joan Rivers, a semi-human, semi-plastic thing, and then they fool nobody at all.
    I actually think that, even with all the plastic surgery, Joan Rivers looks better than she might have, considering that she was not a very attractive younger woman, and was aging very badly. But OMG!!! Have you seen Marisol's mother on RH Miami!!! Now there's a semi-human, semi-plastic thing!!! And I really feel sad for her, because she's got to know how freakish she looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I actually think that, even with all the plastic surgery, Joan Rivers looks better than she might have, considering that she was not a very attractive younger woman, and was aging very badly. But OMG!!! Have you seen Marisol's mother on RH Miami!!! Now there's a semi-human, semi-plastic thing!!! And I really feel sad for her, because she's got to know how freakish she looks!
    Oh Lord, ITA!!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    AngloAm, you say it was Bear Lake, in California. We have Big Bear Lake in the mountains here in So Cal (my family has a house up there) but for some reason I didn't connect the two.
    All I know is from what TamRAA said to her with a little stabbing jab of her finger at some horrible dinner party where the horrible ladies went to spoil the other diners' meals. I swear it was Bear Lake. I think I have the episode in iTunes. I'll check when I'm home (and not run off my feetsies).

But she was raised in La Cresenta, a small town right next to Pasadena where I live & an hour and a half drive away from the lake. It's middle to upper middle class so I don't get the impression she was raised in a lot of wealth.
    Thanks. California always looks so expensive to us.

Although her parents' place in Palm Desert which is the "new Palm Springs" since Palm Springs is no longer "The In Place" for the rich and famous, like it once was a la Sinatra, etc seems to be quite grand and property there is expensive.
    If you mean the big pile where everyone attacked Slade over his Sladeness, that wasn't her parents'. I think they'd rented it or borrowed it or something. It was Merv Griffin's 'estate' which is here.

Could have been Bear Lake in Michigan; I kinda remember he had Ford Motor Co. Detroit connections, and he/family had a home in Northville, Michigan. Bear Lake is on Lake Michigan, north of Manistee, where rich/famous/powerful have summer homes.

His relationship with Gretchen seemed balanced- she was arm candy and he was the money tree. It suited them both, but not the standard caring/loving relationship "ordinary people" might have.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread