+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 370 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree2612Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Well, sure, I could understand you wanting to hire him but you're not posturing about being some high class society matron. There's a time and place for everything and if it had something to do with the event or pertained to some joke, I could see it. I'm not a total prude or snob but these are probabaly the same women who'd complain about men treating them like a piece of meat or a sex object but that's exactly what they were doing....
    Well said, I agree with your entire post, not just the above quote! I always lol when Tamra says anything about someone being "low class" or about herself having class. Tamra doesn't see anything inappropriate in having the half-naked bartender, in fact I'm surprised she didn't have him wearing a bow tie, Chippendale style. Isn't Tamra the one who once wanted a stripper pole in her bedroom? (serious question, I remember one of them did)

Tamra is all about flaunting her body and sexuality (one thing Simon resented). I'm sure if Hefner offered her a bunny job she'd consider it. One word describes Tamra, in my opinion: narcissistic. I'm no prude, either, and what ruins Tamra is her personality - she's just a mean person and I'm happy for Simon that he's free of her.

Tamra is starting to look "tired" and her age is showing. Happens to us all How's she going to handle it, as that snowball rolls faster and faster down the hill, when she has so much of herself invested in her appearance? She'll just become more and more plastic, imo, and be an old, lonely, mean woman.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 03-09-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    That was one overly Botoxed group of women. I don't think one of them could show an ounce of emotion.

IIRC wasn't Simon mentoring Kara at some point last year? I think Simon was kind of a faux father figure to Kara since her own father pretty much checked out of reality. I think Tamara had a bit of the "jellies" about that. IDK maybe there was more to that story & really I don't care.

Wasn't Tamara always in competition with Jeana in the real estate market. How does Tamara support herself these days?
    Well, kiiiiinda mentoring. They had some sort of modern version of an old family retainer who hung around and supplied the father role in the absence of wozzisface the grumpy ex-ball player. He seemed to be the general dogsbody and factotum as we would say in England. Simon took Kara to the shooting range but it seemed like it was a bit forced (everyone smiled a lot and talked a lot about it, driving home the point).

Tamra was in the real estate biz at the same time as Jeana but I wouldn't call her 'competition.'

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Dragonlady;4232668]Well, sure, I could understand you wanting to hire him but you're not posturing about being some high class society matron. There's a time and place for everything and if it had something to do with the event or pertained to some joke, I could see it. [quote]

I like having guys in speedos and little else serving me. But I agree it was jarring at an event supposedly revolving around the selling of clothes. (Actually, I was a little annoyed at TamRAA remarking on Ickie being late; it was not a social occasion but a business one involving commerce and the rules about punctuality don't apply in quite the same way as a real social occasion. When one turns one's house into a mall (or one's very own boyfriend's very own house) one has to expect these things.)

I'm not a total prude or snob but these are probabaly the same women who'd complain about men treating them like a piece of meat or a sex object but that's exactly what they were doing.
    Valid point except that Ickie loved being considered a MILF back in Season One, got men to grab her boobs while on a vacay back home in Season ? and only turned all moral and churchy when it helped her to egg TamRAA on to be mean to The Gretch.

As for the sale of those clothes, they were as superfluous as the food provided for these skeletal women. It's all for show. All they really need is the cocktails and further ammunition for trashing each other.
    Just like back street harridans with a bottle of Wild Irish Rose being passed back and forth in a brown paper bag, only with more money.

I agree. Nothing wrong with having help if you can afford it. I just get tired of these women acting like it's such a monumental and impossible task to raise 3 kids without help. Just say, "I can afford it and it makes life a lot easier" instead of "It's just too much for poor little ol' me."
    Bingo! I think most people would understand the "I can afford it line" - the "oh, my, poor moi" line jars.

As anyone reading my recent posts about the OC ladies' new season, I think it's evident that I was thorougly unimpressed and slightly disgusted with their meaness, OTT self-involvement, hypocricy and am wondering why I used to love watching them so much. I fear that I may feel the same when the NYC ladies come back. I guess they were just as mean, vain and selfish then. Did they change or did I?
    The show changed. Back in Seasons 1 & 2 it was about people who were mostly friends. Their problems and drama were external to the group. (Whorie's son getting busted repeatedly, Tammy's daughter being troubled, Whorie's daughter being a lazy layabout, the ridiculous OC Angels fiasco, for examples.) The show first started as an exploration of how much coin the ladies dropped - whenever they made a big purchase the dollar amount flashed on the screen.

Things were sunnier back then. Shane obligingly appeared shirtless back then. Slade exercised in his boxer-briefs back then (warbling on about how he was da bomb, so cute, so silly!). I'm really not entirely sure, but it seems to me things started to take a turn to real/manufactured drama within the group about the time arrival of TamRAA. And of course NJ just fueled the fire - nothing beats a felon with a book and a flipped table for ratings.

Now Shane's gone, Jeana's gone, the sunshine and the money are nearly all gone. At least Slade stays, his ego and sockie inflated, his clothes discared, an eternal golden yet peniless reminder of the innocence, the phoniness, and the self-delusions of yesterday. A gracefully aging man-boy, visions of empires dancing in his head, mockingly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Well said, I agree with your entire post, not just the above quote! I always lol when Tamra says anything about someone being "low class" or about herself having class. Tamra doesn't see anything inappropriate in having the half-naked bartender, in fact I'm surprised she didn't have him wearing a bow tie, Chippendale style. Isn't Tamra the one who once wanted a stripper pole in her bedroom? (serious question, I remember one of them did)
    I think it was, when she was desperately trying to keep Slimon interested. Actually a bow tie a la Chippendales might have been at least funny. It just looked like guy showed up and TamRAA offered him a leering buck to half strip. "Hey, kid, momma needs some candy, fitty bux to show dem pecs, or you can just walk." He looked a bit stripped rather than showing off. I mean his physique wasn't Chippendales type - there was no six pack and he'd not shaved his chest (all of which made him much sexier in my eyes).

Tamra is all about flaunting her body and sexuality (one thing Simon resented).
    Yet I'm sure he was partially the cause of it.

I'm sure if Hefner offered her a bunny job she'd consider it.
    Her and Whorie.

Tamra is starting to look "tired" and her age is showing. Happens to us all How's she going to handle it, as that snowball rolls faster and faster down the hill, when she has so much of herself invested in her appearance? She'll just become more and more plastic, imo, and be an old, lonely, mean woman.
    What is the expression? Mutton dressed as lamb? You can see the dust in the cracks around her eye. But they all try to stave off the inevitable and look more tragic than comical doing it. They wind up like Joan Rivers, a semi-human, semi-plastic thing, and then they fool nobody at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Really. Didn't Gretchen come from the midwest? She's not from royalty or money. That whole scene disgusted me because it insulted probably 85% of the women in this country.
    She is vague about where she came from. Yes, she'd love to claim the stereotypical mid-Western humility and goodness, but her family apparently vacationed at Bear Lake all the time, which I think is in California. I'm pretty sure she didn't come from poverty, but agree that she lacked a very large silver spoon in her gob.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    She is vague about where she came from. Yes, she'd love to claim the stereotypical mid-Western humility and goodness, but her family apparently vacationed at Bear Lake all the time, which I think is in California. I'm pretty sure she didn't come from poverty, but agree that she lacked a very large silver spoon in her gob.
    I thought when Jeff was alive, she left him and visited her family, very middle class. Maybe the midwest thing was Vickie (my memory regarding past seasons needs help!)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    What is the expression? Mutton dressed as lamb? You can see the dust in the cracks around her eye. But they all try to stave off the inevitable and look more tragic than comical doing it. They wind up like Joan Rivers, a semi-human, semi-plastic thing, and then they fool nobody at all.
    At least Joan is funny!

Vickie seems to be the only one who hasn't/doesn't have any (or much) work done. While she's definitely looking older than the others, she at least looks natural.

Am I crazy but did the logo on Gretchen's pink purse look awfully similar to Michael Kors logo on his purses?

IIRC Jeanna did say Simon had stepped up to be a male role model in Kara's life. Part of me thinks there is alot more to that matter than we know about and could possibly be why Tamarra is so angry with Jeanna. Tamarra is in her mid 40's? while Kara is early 20's....I'm just sayin is all. They went from sexy honeymoon & finger tattoo to divorce very quickly....I'm just sayin.

IDR what happened between Jeanna & Tamarra that Tamarra served Jeanna with papers. This from the woman who got another woman in her words "naked drunk" & tried to have her son hook-up with Gretchen.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    IDR what happened between Jeanna & Tamarra that Tamarra served Jeanna with papers. This from the woman who got another woman in her words "naked drunk" & tried to have her son hook-up with Gretchen.
    Jeana was very vocal in support of Simon after the split, especially when Tamra had Simon arrested for "domestic violence" after they argued over the dog and he threw the dog leash at her - cost him $10k just to make bail! Anyway, Jeana publically supported Simon and said that if there was any domestic violence, it was Tamra on Simon (my words, not a quote), stuff like that. Tamra got her attorney to draw up a letter threatening to sue her, and Tamra made sure she hand delivered it at a HW party.

That's what I was reading all over the internet, anyway, at the time.

AngloAM ......

The show changed. Back in Seasons 1 & 2 it was about people who were mostly friends. Their problems and drama were external to the group. (Whorie's son getting busted repeatedly, Tammy's daughter being troubled, Whorie's daughter being a lazy layabout, the ridiculous OC Angels fiasco, for examples.) The show first started as an exploration of how much coin the ladies dropped - whenever they made a big purchase the dollar amount flashed on the screen.
    To honor seasons of the past and remind us of the "biggest purchaser" (poser) of Season 2-4, I changed my avatar photo as a reminder.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread