+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 370 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

You're right - it is sad. There was so much animal breeding in that family - gramps was a MLB player, pa was too so the two sons were evaluated for their genetics and pushed in that direction. Jeana was chosen for her genetics; her MIL told her as much. Afterthough (er, Kara) wasn't really a part of the plan. Once Jeana ceased to be breeding stock or arm candy she was not needed. It just seems so disconnected. Baseball was the only legitimate activity in their family, Jeana missed Shane's graduation because of a business meeting, Dad got bonked on the head and withdrew entirely, Colton woke up to find his mum had just left a note and some money on the kitchen table having departed to San Fran, it just was a sad disconnected family.

That was one overly Botoxed group of women. I don't think one of them could show an ounce of emotion.

IIRC wasn't Simon mentoring Kara at some point last year? I think Simon was kind of a faux father figure to Kara since her own father pretty much checked out of reality. I think Tamara had a bit of the "jellies" about that. IDK maybe there was more to that story & really I don't care.

Wasn't Tamara always in competition with Jeana in the real estate market. How does Tamara support herself these days?

First epi =

Sheesh, why don't they get started right away with all the hate they have for each other.

Alexis, please SHUT UP. So you have a hard time caring for 3 kiddos oh dear Lord.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Ugh. What the h*ll, Bravo?! Is it asking too much to give at least one likable person in this trainwreck??

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I just wanted to sucker punch that "charming coach" who told Gretchen she needed to appeal to the "Wanda's from Wichita" who would be anxiously awaiting the opportunity to buy a "Gretchen BeeUtay" handbag. Screw them both. No wait - screw all three of them: the "charming coach" Gretchen and her handbag. I triple hate Gretchen after this episode. I hope her cosmetics line flops and her breasts along with it.
    Me too! And it was one of the few scenes that got my attention. Grifter Gretch The Wretch.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Me too! And it was one of the few scenes that got my attention. Grifter Gretch The Wretch.
    Really. Didn't Gretchen come from the midwest? She's not from royalty or money. That whole scene disgusted me because it insulted probably 85% of the women in this country.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Poor Donn. There's only room for one man in that marriage, sorry Donn.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I haven't watched RHOOC since season about season 3 and WOW...I thought there was an unlikable group of women back in season 3 but this current group is ten times worse!!

Tamra has to be up there with RHOBH Camille to me in terms of being fake and phony. Can't stand her at all. I don't think Gretchen handled the situation well at all and ended up coming off looking like an obnoxious drunk BUT Tamra inviting her to begin with was just to create trauma and tension. Neither are very likable and both seem to fit the definition of fake to me.

The only one I remember from when I was watching before is Vicki....very surprised that she's still with her husband after all this time as even back when I used to watch it I remember things were VERY tense. She seemed to handle herself well in this episode but I have no idea what kind of drama went down last year so I have no clue what to think of the Vicki/Tamra friendship.

As for the other women I couldn't really tell them apart. I think the religious woman is a little much and comes off holier than thou but she didn't do anything to really make me dislike her so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I would. Why not? Hell I'd have him in speedos too. Just not during the day and not at a 'classy' event (at the awkward time of four o'clock). But then did anyone really give a damn about the somewhat ugly rags on display?
    Well, sure, I could understand you wanting to hire him but you're not posturing about being some high class society matron. There's a time and place for everything and if it had something to do with the event or pertained to some joke, I could see it. I'm not a total prude or snob but these are probabaly the same women who'd complain about men treating them like a piece of meat or a sex object but that's exactly what they were doing.
    As for the sale of those clothes, they were as superfluous as the food provided for these skeletal women. It's all for show. All they really need is the cocktails and further ammunition for trashing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Hmmmmm, well, I think with three kids and the means a part-time nanny isn't so bad. I don't think it makes her some kind of Heroine of Motherhood, though.
    I agree. Nothing wrong with having help if you can afford it. I just get tired of these women acting like it's such a monumental and impossible task to raise 3 kids without help. Just say, "I can afford it and it makes life a lot easier" instead of "It's just too much for poor little ol' me."

As anyone reading my recent posts about the OC ladies' new season, I think it's evident that I was thorougly unimpressed and slightly disgusted with their meaness, OTT self-involvement, hypocricy and am wondering why I used to love watching them so much. I fear that I may feel the same when the NYC ladies come back. I guess they were just as mean, vain and selfish then. Did they change or did I?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Well, sure, I could understand you wanting to hire him but you're not posturing about being some high class society matron. There's a time and place for everything and if it had something to do with the event or pertained to some joke, I could see it. I'm not a total prude or snob but these are probabaly the same women who'd complain about men treating them like a piece of meat or a sex object but that's exactly what they were doing.
    As for the sale of those clothes, they were as superfluous as the food provided for these skeletal women. It's all for show. All they really need is the cocktails and further ammunition for trashing each other.

I agree. Nothing wrong with having help if you can afford it. I just get tired of these women acting like it's such a monumental and impossible task to raise 3 kids without help. Just say, "I can afford it and it makes life a lot easier" instead of "It's just too much for poor little ol' me."

As anyone reading my recent posts about the OC ladies' new season, I think it's evident that I was thorougly unimpressed and slightly disgusted with their meaness, OTT self-involvement, hypocricy and am wondering why I used to love watching them so much. I fear that I may feel the same when the NYC ladies come back. I guess they were just as mean, vain and selfish then. Did they change or did I?
    They have changed. We haven't. They must feel like they have to amp up the bitchiness for good tv. We never see them living they're real lives anymore. Just staged drama. I miss the old times when it was all about showing how they lived and worked. I will continue to watch because I love Vicky!!! She is truly and independent woman making it all on her own.

+ Reply to Thread