+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 370 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Sarah Brice and Charlie are no longer together, and in recent months she got a new job and moved back to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Sarah Brice and Charlie are no longer together, and in recent months she got a new job and moved back to Texas.
    Actually, she's still out here.
    Dr. Will's office is in Beverly Hills.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

[QUOTE=SugarMama;4229477]True...but look at what Tamra has done to her, how she'd demeaned her, looked down her own trashy nose at her, and we can't forget the "Naked Wasted" fiasco. I was amused that Gretchen gave Tamra back a bit of what she's received from her

I'm confused, SugarMama.
    My comment was that I understood why Gretchen made that comment to Tamra, based on what Tamra said about her last season.
    I'm not at all a fan of Tamra.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

AngloAm, good to see you again. Always enjoy your take on these women.

Just some random thoughts about this episode:

I was very disappointed in this first episode. Time away from the OC ladies (?) must have made me forget that old saying: you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. (that's a really odd phrase , wonder where it came from?) You can give some people lots of money, dress them up in the best, etc but it won't get rid of their true trailer-trash self. It's like people who don't shower and spray perfume all over themselves, thinking that solves the problem even though the stink always comes through.

These women are crass, tacky, mean and as about low class as you can get. They wrongly think that because of the amount of money spent on them, they automatically become respectable.

They are delusional in thinking that the more plastic "fixes" they can get done to themselve, the better they look, that acting like they're sex crazy, makes them desirable.
    How low is Tamra's self esteem if she takes delight in knowing and encouraging a lesbian to want her??

Who hires a bartender to be shirtless??? Who????????? No one I know.

For those who feel Tamra was the mean girl to Gretchen in the "naked wasted" party, I say, Gretchen should be accountable for the part she played. No one was forcing drinks down Gretchen's throat. She drank all on her own volition. Tamra's dirty trick wouldn't have worked if she had refused a few drinks but, of course, Gretchen can only see wrong-doing on Tamra's part.

Vicki: for as much as she complains about being insecure and wanting her love tank to be full, she sure doesn't do anything to make that happen. She's mean and rude to her husband (and others). She says she's not loved and there's a very good reason for that: Vicki does nothing to make herself lovable.

I hated that woman coaching Gretchen on how to con regular people, like Wanda from Witchita out of their money. So demeaning and Gretchen was in total agreement. But that's not on the same level as what Tamra does!! in Gretchen's mind.

I'd like to know where Gretchen and Tamra get their money. A real "free" woman usually has a full time job, Tamra.

I wonder if Alexis even knows that some mothers take care of 3 or more children all by themselves. What a concept!!

I do remember reading somewhere about Jeanna talking about how nice Donn was......maybe we'll see a love connection.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    AngloAm, good to see you again. Always enjoy your take on these women.
    Ditto, and welcome back AngloAm. We've missed your snarkfests!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Gretchen was deliberately bringing on the drama so maybe Bravo will consider her and Slimey Slade having their own series. I do smell a spin off brewing. I'm hoping Andy Cohen is smarter than that but one never knows. After all, Slade and Ho Jo got their own reality show albeit for a very short time as nobody wanted to watch it since it was so stupid.
    It was indeed stupid. I'm the biggest Slade Smiley fan on earth - not so much of his personality but of his sexy good looks and general amenity to be bought. If only I had the money <sigh>. But even I didn't watch that crapfest.

A spinoff eh? Possibly, I could see it...and even if Andy is smarter than that (although he's not batting a thousand lately) they could always shop it around to another network.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post

noooooooo!!!!! I loved them together. that makes me so sad

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    <good intelligence about Jeana and Tamra's squabble>

That's all I know. But I like Jeana, I thought Simon was lucky to get rid of Tamra (better late than never), so I'm hoping Bravo will show Tamra for the self-absorbed, vain, cougar-wannabe she really is.
    I like Jeana too but she can be mean. She's like a friendly scorpion, all nice, and huggles and self-deprecation. And then WHAM she clobbers you. I do think she's more 'down to earth,' whatever that means, than the others, except maybe Ickie. But I miss the vibe she brought - she was softer and squishier than the others who seem all hard angles and anger.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Who hires a bartender to be shirtless??? Who????????? No one I know.
    I would. Why not? Hell I'd have him in speedos too. Just not during the day and not at a 'classy' event (at the awkward time of four o'clock). What was really jarring in that is that it was supposedly a party for buying clothing and there's Tamra reminding us how good some people look without clothes! Or at the very least setting up a 'competing attraction' in the back yard. But then did anyone really give a damn about the somewhat ugly rags on display?

For those who feel Tamra was the mean girl to Gretchen in the "naked wasted" party, I say, Gretchen should be accountable for the part she played. No one was forcing drinks down Gretchen's throat. She drank all on her own volition. Tamra's dirty trick wouldn't have worked if she had refused a few drinks but, of course, Gretchen can only see wrong-doing on Tamra's part.
    I agree. There was no trickery involved. However, it was not a nice thing to do, to take advantage of Gretchen's unhappiness that way. It may have been legal but it was not honorable.

I hated that woman coaching Gretchen on how to con regular people, like Wanda from Witchita out of their money. So demeaning and Gretchen was in total agreement. But that's not on the same level as what Tamra does!! in Gretchen's mind.
    Not only that but it was pretty dumb marketing. The Gretch was all about what a great coach that woman was (probably got the coaching free in return for the endorsement) but I hardly think belittling one's potential customers is a good strategy especially for one based on the premise that buying her bag will somehow make Gretchen close to your or part of your life. It just showed the utter contempt with which that coach and Gretchen view the people they sell to. There was no sense of empathy with the lady from Witchita, how she has limited funds, much to carry around, and would like something nice and aspirational. No, it was all rather mean-spirited sneering. I hope her tacky line gets naked wasted.

On the other hand, Ickie was horrible about low-cost bags and the women who buy them too. But Ickie's all about the trappings of wealth. The poor dear hasn't learned that money doesn't love you back.

I'd like to know where Gretchen and Tamra get their money. A real "free" woman usually has a full time job, Tamra.
    For Bravo and Simon, probably. Maaaaaaybe she went back to real estate and drunkenly selling knock-down mansions. She wasn't very good at it though.

I wonder if Alexis even knows that some mothers take care of 3 or more children all by themselves. What a concept!!
    Hmmmmm, well, I think with three kids and the means a part-time nanny isn't so bad. I don't think it makes her some kind of Heroine of Motherhood, though. As well, I'm not too sure about their means. All that babbling about Jesus seems to be designed to cover up some very shifty dealings with self-righteousness and smugness.

I do remember reading somewhere about Jeanna talking about how nice Donn was......maybe we'll see a love connection.
    She flat out warned Ickie that if Donn wasn't feeling valued at home, she was one of the women who could step in. Then she told her hunky son Shane "Shane, you go and take that nice Anglo-American guy out, I know you have the hots for him."

Well, no, not that last bit...

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I like Jeana too but she can be mean. She's like a friendly scorpion, all nice, and huggles and self-deprecation. And then WHAM she clobbers you. I do think she's more 'down to earth,' whatever that means, than the others, except maybe Ickie. But I miss the vibe she brought - she was softer and squishier than the others who seem all hard angles and anger.
    True. Jeana just seems so sad to me. Perhaps she just can't deal with that degree of drama when she's facing her own demons. I watched part of the show in which she appeared, Thintervention I believe it was called. She was sorta-kinda trying to lose weight. Never really upbeat and peppy, she seems to be depressed at times, as if she has to force a smile.

I don't know. I used to be pretty and had a great body...then one day I looked in the mirror and realized it would never be that way again! But fortunately, I didn't have my self-esteem too wrapped up in my looks and I have a great husband. Jeana is divorced, and apparently her "success" was based on her hotness. I recall when she was redecorating after her husband finally moved out, the designer advised her to remove that big portrait of herself to update the look of the house, said something about moving out of the past. Ouch, that would sting even a scorpion

I'd love to see Jeana lose the weight, get back her mojo, and be the voice of reason in this group.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread