+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

It just hit me that Tamra is displaying sociopathic behavior. So is Heather to an extent.

Has anyone heard of gas lighting and sociopathic / bullying behavior?
    Empathic people are natural targets for sociopaths - protect yourself -- Science of the Spirit -- Sott.net
    This article describes and gives examples of a child as well as someone in the workplace.

"Psychotherapist Christine Louise de Canonville describes different phases that the abuser leads the relationship through:
    • the idealisation stage, where the sociopath shows herself in the best possible light - but this phase is an illusion, to draw her target in
    • the devaluation stage begins gradually so the target is not alert to the sociopath's transformation to being cold and unfeeling, but will begin to feel devalued at every turn; the more distressed the target becomes, the more the sociopath enjoys her power, and her abuse can become more extreme
    • the discarding stage - the target is reduced to an object to which the sociopath is indifferent, seeing the game as won; the sociopath rejects any connection, moving on to the next target.
    Gaslighting does not happen all at once so, if you suspect in the early stages of a relationship that you are being gaslighted, you can protect yourself by walking away. "

I really think I was just a victim of this - probably for the last 6 months, at least, if not longer.

I am relieved that I finally saw her for what she really is and what she was doing. Also lucky that others witnessed the behavior and didn't let me be out there on my own.
    The devaluation stage was subtle as in teasing but taking digs at my organization skills or an idea I'd bring up or putting me down as a suck up or brown noser when someone else gave me kudos for something. It was odd and I really thought I was being too sensitive or just overly emotionally. She even apologized once and said sorry if she seemed overly bitchy/snappy to me in front of everyone. At that point, I thought, ok, I wasn't imagining her doing it, now she's admitting it but apologizing for it so I can forgive and move on. Now I realize I need to trust my gut instinct better next time, especially when it kept happening!!
    candor, Lizard and Prism like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

By any chance, and I know I may be overstepping my bounds, would this have been a situation that you discussed in here several months ago? IIRC, you were fighting for a relationship to be maintained, but it didn't seem like she was.
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    By any chance, and I know I may be overstepping my bounds, would this have been a situation that you discussed in here several months ago? IIRC, you were fighting for a relationship to be maintained, but it didn't seem like she was.
    Not the same person but if I really look at that situation, it was similar as well!! That relationship I had let go late last year after the birthday party thing (late August). This lady I met toward Sept/Oct. I was fascinated by her. She seemed so intelligent to me (she joined my ladies group/book club) and seemed so smart, witty, fun to be around and then things just didn't seem right. She wanted to be around me but then made me feel bad / little digs all the time. Then she'd email me back and forth all day long and then ignore me for days. I kept wondering, what was I doing wrong, or what did I say to offend her. Then her husband and my hubby had hit it off and it seemed like she tried to "control" their getting together. My guy never got his number and she was the go between. It was odd. Then she said he didn't have time or interest in helping Mike with something that Mike knew wasn't true. but we didn't pursue it. I've since ignored her emails to me b/c I realized, she's playing me, trying to control and manipulate me and doing it all under very politically correct and carefully worded texts and emails, like nothing could be proven. It's all way too weird. Sorry for the threadjack!!! Back to Tamara and Heather. In a nutshell, this lady I know seems SOOOO much like them, it's eerie!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Saw Vicki on WWHL tonight. She said she is in the best place she's ever been - work, men, etc. Perhaps that explains the more rational Vicki we are seeing this season compared to season's past.
    Not buying it here. Ick's a piece of work, has been piled on to some extent herself, and needs to freshen her act to stay relevant. I doubt any of the goody-two-shoes we see is anything but an act. Well, maybe that's b/c I just cannot stand the woman! LOL !
    doolollie and Bebecat like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Not buying it here. Ick's a piece of work, has been piled on to some extent herself, and needs to freshen her act to stay relevant. I doubt any of the goody-two-shoes we see is anything but an act. Well, maybe that's b/c I just cannot stand the woman! LOL !
    I agree! Also, if you saw the episode last night, Icky said right before stepping on the party bus that she KNEW Lizzy was sitting on..."I can't believe I have to spend time with Dumb and Dumber". wtf!?
    That told me that Icky has been more alert to her bitchiness and backstabbing..making sure that the camera is NOT catching her saying her typical tripe. Just so happens, Lizzy and the camera caught this one. Which, IMO, was uncalled for.
    She's been acting like she gets along with Lizzy and the other girl (whatshername? - and whyyyy is she on the show every episode?)
    Yea, no, Icky is still the same.. she's just loving the attention of "voice of reason" this season. I'm just not buying the goody-two-shoes act at all.
    doolollie and Bebecat like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

PGM35 so sorry you had to deal with that - but glad you had the strength to know it was hurtful and cut it off. Sometimes when you are in a relationship like that the hurt is slow going so you don't realize immediately that you should run away.

I hate when these ladies go to another country and display their horrible manners and lack of understanding of a place. The next show looks like a doozy.
    Maveno and Coco46 like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fan

Icky is the same piece of crap she has always been. She laid low for a while to keep all eyes off of Crookes but her true colors show her evil, jealous side. She hates that Lizzie gets along with everyone so she has to diss Tamra (her supposed best friend) to her and now she is radiating hatred for Heather because Tamra and Heather are close. She couldn't give two s*^%s about Shannon except to go against Heather. I hope Crookes is exposed for his sleaziness again to these new women.

And what the heck with this Danielle person? Why is she even there?

Icky makes my stomach turn...and between her and Lizzie, that was quite a cleavage show I did not need to see. They both desperately need stylists.
    Prism likes this.

I'm sure Bravo foots the bill for all of these vacations the women take to exotic places. And Bravo wants the women to bring on the drama so I have no doubt that the Bali trip will be nothing but a bad experience especially for Shannon.
    Heather and Tamra will gang up on Shannon. Vicki will be there to comfort Shannon. Lizzie will just stay out of it but have plenty to say about it later. Maybe Miss Terry Dubrow will show up there at some point? After all, he IS one of the OC bitches! Whatever happens, it should be entertaining. Is the Bali episode the season finale?
    Prism likes this.

Looks like Tamra is gone for good from RHOC! Fired by Bravo per RadarOnline.com Now all you've got for an income is Cut Fitness-good luck with that.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

How often has Radar been correct when they have reported on firings? Especially those they report while a season is still going on ... and the reunion not filmed yet?

+ Reply to Thread