+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I was irritated with her husband for the happy husband who have sons comment that he made in front of his daughter. I have not watched the whole thing. But it is possible that they might stay together. I am not sure. Shannon has the fuss at her husband habit; and I am not sure what habit her husband has....probably has one.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I was behind watching and caught up last night. I don't see Shannon as unstable. I see her as totally overwhelmed with the "reality" of being on the show. I think she naively signed on thinking they go to lunch, go on trips and have fun showing their families. I think she was advised to exaggerate marriage problems for camera time and david played along. As she got into it and thought she was making friends, suddenly she was in a hornets nest where everyone was backstabbing. Now, she's trying to figure out who she can trust and is realizing it's no one. Shannon seems like a woman who has never had a lot of friends, but rather just a few close ones. This is a new rodeo for her and she doesn't know how to handle it. I think what she's going through is what we see sometimes mid season on Big Brother when people who watch the show and think it's easy discover being cut off from the world messes with your mind. I will say I was a impressed with the way her husband had her back.

FORT Fogey

One more thing I forgot. I don't understand the talk about Shannon drinking too much. I don't see it. I do see Tamara drinking too much. When they were talking on the balcony it semmed to me that at times Tamara was struggling to speak clearly. I think Tamara is talking about Shannon drinking to make people look at Shannon instead of the one who truly has a problem to cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by doolollie View Post
    The reason Tamra was all over her was to try and keep her quiet and to keep her from shooting her mouth more about things Tamra has said. Already caught in a lie and about to get caught in another. Isn't Heather going to look foolish,,,,,,,,never mind she has seen the show now and is still friends with Tamra. They are all just actors in this little sitcom. I've slowly come to realize this is true for all housewife shows. Ok I'm better now.
    I didn't even think of that!
    Honestly, watching Tamra all over Shannon made me feel so claustrophobic. The way she kept grabbing her and putting her hands on her and screaming in her face.... just WOW.
    Maveno and Lizard like this.
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

I don't know if I could have stopped myself from pushing Tamra over the rail.
    beerbelly, hornet7 and Fo'Realz? like this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doolollie View Post
    I don't know if I could have stopped myself from pushing Tamra over the rail.
    Yep.. not only is she lucky she wasn't shoved over, punched, swore at... she's damn lucky it was Shannon and not me.
    Tamra's screeching was OVER THE TOP.. she was louder than Shannon, and Shannon was the one losing her cool.
    Two-face Tamra liar pants.. takes Heather out on the balcony, talks sh*t about Shannon, "She's (doing circles next to her head) CRAZY". Then says, "what should we do"?? WTF!? How about you just shut your dirty lil pie-hole and STAY out of it!!!!
    THEN.. David is talking on the deck with Two-face Tara liar pants, and eventually Shannon. What does she do?? Yep, you guessed it.. started talking smack about Heather..

I just.can't.stand her. Terrible person. It's SO OBVIOUS that she is the cause of all this sh*t..and she loves it. What did she say on WWH, something like.. "makes for good television" and "it's my job".

She needs to be kicked in the teeth by a horse.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 07-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Punkin, beerbelly and elleprn like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    So true, doolollie. The days of "real" in Housewife-reality are mostly behind us.
    By this stage of the game, all of these clowns climb aboard the circus train with an agenda and a game plan in place, and a prospective newbie would have to be pretty dim to get involved without keeping that in mind. These are all individuals who crave an endless amount of public attention and are willing to do ANYthing to get it.
    The most interesting part nowadays (speaking for my wicked old self ), is watching to see who derails who else's plans, and just how much dignity these "classy ladies" are willing to throw out the window when things don't go according to their plan. Those are the moments when a wee tad of "real" still, sometimes, slips in.

I would feel guilty for my unabashed fascination for watching their train-wreck moments, but then I remember that this is exactly what they (eagerly) signed up for.

Amen, and then some. That's exactly why I have no compunction making fun of these women. Bravo signed them on so we could make fun and find fault. Each new woman thinks she can beat the system, but not one HW has come off looking like a normal, well adjusted human. So many of them look awful, act worse, some dress horribly, have abysmal vocabularies, are mean, nasty, inarticulate, skeevy.... they run the gamut of absurdity. Bravo seeks ridicule for these women, and most of them earn it.
    hornet7, Bebecat and Fo'Realz? like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    [/B]

Amen, and then some. That's exactly why I have no compunction making fun of these women. Bravo signed them on so we could make fun and find fault. Each new woman thinks she can beat the system, but not one HW has come off looking like a normal, well adjusted human. So many of them look awful, act worse, some dress horribly, have abysmal vocabularies, are mean, nasty, inarticulate, skeevy.... they run the gamut of absurdity. Bravo seeks ridicule for these women, and most of them earn it.
    I feel like Shannon really felt confident going in that with her background etc. that she could handle this and come off classy and "together". So so wrong.
    Prism and Fo'Realz? like this.

Wow, I just watched last week's episode! Doesn't Lizzie know that dinner parties never end well? I actually wouldn't be surprised if Heather , Tamara and Terry hatched some stupid plot for drama- Tam's role being to feed suspicious lies to Shannon and when she confront's Heather or Terry they can act surprised , shocked, and self righteous. Tam just never figured she would be caught in the middle unprotected and outed. The only reason I think that is that Terry and Heather's reactions were too over the top and "acted"; while I felt that Shannon and David were genuinely upset. Also, on the balcony- Tamra seemed to be coached by Heather- parroting that Shannon is crazy and drinks too much- she was telling Heather what she wanted to hear. I think Shannon and David should have just left. I thought at first, good on them- they both tried to stop the drama at the table, David spoke up for Shannon, and questioned Terry's ridiculous behavior. But, Shannon let it get to her; and that was the goal (I think). There's a time to speak up for yourself and there's a time to never give your enemy what they want; and in this case I feel that Heather wanted to agitate Shannon and point out how unbalanced and crazy she seems. I had a "friend" like what I see in Heather and she would create scenes and quietly sit back and try to make you feel crazy for speaking up. Terry is a total douche; and the "look" Heather gave Terry was so obnoxious when she was trying to say "how dare David speak that way to me!". Um Terry (provoked by Tamra) completely shouted at Shannon across the table out of the blue; I guess she forgot that part.
    PGM35 and elleprn like this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

Yea, I think it was a setup by Tamra & Heather.. remember Tamra liar pants was in Icky's office and they both said it would be a "Sh*t show" at the dinner party. Whatdoyouknow.. Trashra started the sh*t show @ the dinner party.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread