+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Bebecat View Post
    Heather has reduced Shannon to a quivering mass of jello. Funny cuz I thought Shannon might be able to take Heather on...but not a chance. I have never seen a woman crumble so fast on one of these shows and that is saying something.
    That is because Shannon has zero self esteem and only gains courage through having a drink or 2. I take no issue with new age medicine but seriously Shannon needs to speak with someone a bit more skilled in western medicine as well. I WAS Shannon 10 years ago minus the drinks. My EX is an alcoholic so no drinking for me. I went & got help. It did work wonders for my self esteem.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

From what I've seen, how could anyone on the show say much of anything about the amount of alcohol the other consumes? They ALL appear to consume copious amounts of it. (I'm not certain if that's true of Heather. I'm not as familiar with her as I am Vicki and Tamra.) There seems to be plenty of dysfunction to go around.

Vicki said she used to have an acne problem, that explains her face. No explanation for her personality. She has gained weight but don't think she got any new clothes. They are away too tight.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by doolollie View Post
    Vicki said she used to have an acne problem, that explains her face. No explanation for her personality. She has gained weight but don't think she got any new clothes. They are away too tight.
    Her entire wardrobe is unflattering...she needs a full-length mirror badly. I think she is one of those women who dress for men, or for her "man". But she just has no taste or class. Waaaay too much cleavage at work for a non-sex-related job. She should never wear spandex or satin. She would look so much better in classic styles that fit her. But then she would ruin it by opening her giant trap anyway...
    candor, Coco46, doolollie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    From what I've seen, how could anyone on the show say much of anything about the amount of alcohol the other consumes? They ALL appear to consume copious amounts of it. (I'm not certain if that's true of Heather. I'm not as familiar with her as I am Vicki and Tamra.) There seems to be plenty of dysfunction to go around.
    Terry is seen quite often making drinks for and handing them to Heather while at home and of course she'll drink wine with the ladies at dinner, etc. I don't think Shannon has a drinking problem, I think she has a problem expressing herself in a way that the other ladies don't twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather is superior to the other women in most ways - higher social status, smarter, more money, speaks intelligently, is an accomplished if not celebrated actress, is very confident and usually has an air of grace about her; but.... she uses her superiority to hurt others.

Some people use their superior abilities to make the world around them better. She defiles. Shame on her.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

That was some dinner party Lizzie had! Heather Dubrow is intolerable. In my group she'd be torn to shreds and kicked out on her haughty little derriere for trying so hard to be evil.

Eddie Judge looks like the smartest man in the room... er, balcony.... with his "I don't want any part of this" comment
    norealityhere likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Totally agree. There's no actual correspondence between superiority-- in intelligence, wealth, status, verbal facility-- and making others feel inferior, or uncomfortable, or somehow less-than. Some of the most talented and high-achieving people I've known had great humility-- anyone could approach them and be treated with respect and consideration-- and certainly not sneered at, or condescended to. The way Heather acts is more a personality characteristic-- some people simply feel better if they make everyone else feel worse. It starts to seem that Heather is one of those people.

Nonetheless sometimes it is a relief to hear someone who can speak reasonable English clearly and is capable of some mental clarity.

Maybe she usually hangs out with people who think and act the same way she does-- so they either don't notice it, or don't object. It's just that Tamara and Vicki come from a different cultural-social and educational background.
    Prism likes this.

If I were Vicki, I could not have kept my mouth shut that Tamara indeed told me the same thing about "taking them down".

FORT Fan

Yuk, Vicki and Brookes are disgusting. Yuk.
    Shannon is way too obsessed with Heather. Yes, Heather is a stiff, conceited witch, but Shannon's insecurities do make her look insane.
    Heather looks a little crazy saying Tamra is not a liar though.
    white5199 and Fo'Realz? like this.

+ Reply to Thread