+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I have no side between Simon or Tamra. I detest both. I do have fear the CA authorities/courts will do little to protect the children, based on what I have seen them do with neglected kids.(Jacksons, Sheens, etc.) So for that reason, I hope the allegations aren't true.

FORT Fan

Vicki and Tamra are just plain "mean girls" and at their ages, it is so not flattering, cute or funny, if it ever is. But they will never grow out of it. And Heather will never shake her pretensions. What is up with her and giant-sized houses? Makes me wonder if something else in her life is teeny...
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Vicky: "Oh, joy. Now there is a new bi*ch I have to like." I find her attitude condescending and insufferable. There is nothing about this woman I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebecat View Post
    Vicki and Tamra are just plain "mean girls" and at their ages, it is so not flattering, cute or funny, if it ever is. But they will never grow out of it. And Heather will never shake her pretensions. What is up with her and giant-sized houses? Makes me wonder if something else in her life is teeny...
    Giant homes.... because they can. It's affirmation, public broadcast that they've made it, a big f/u to anyone who has ever dissed them, a display of wealth to solidify their socioeconomic position-- after all, they are on RH b/c they want attention for their perceived superiority.

All that money certainly would be great, and they could be immensely content in all other aspects of their lives..... but.... the mere fact that they're on RH suggests they are still stretching, searching, reaching, clawing. Maybe they want power, or higher position, or maybe just more money. It appears they have much, but seek ever so much more.
    Punkin and Jahim like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I like Viki too and I always have. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never seen her as mean, like Tamra. Tamra got on my bad side long ago and I wrote her off as a lunatic. She's never done anything to make me change my mind about that.

I will approach this season with a new attitude and open mind. I'll see if I can find out why people detest Viki so much, including Brianna.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebecat View Post
    Giant homes.... because they can. It's affirmation, public broadcast that they've made it, a big f/u to anyone who has ever dissed them, a display of wealth to solidify their socioeconomic position-- after all, they are on RH b/c they want attention for their perceived superiority.

All that money certainly would be great, and they could be immensely content in all other aspects of their lives..... but.... the mere fact that they're on RH suggests they are still stretching, searching, reaching, clawing. Maybe they want power, or higher position, or maybe just more money. It appears they have much, but seek ever so much more.
    Jahim and AcookerTV like this.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

I have found that I usually like the "new girl" their first season, but I have a feeling already that I am not gonna like the blonde lady (forgot her name already). And although I agree that Heather comes off as a know it all, she is the most liked of these girls by me.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I have found that I usually like the "new girl" their first season, but I have a feeling already that I am not gonna like the blonde lady (forgot her name already). And although I agree that Heather comes off as a know it all, she is the most liked of these girls by me.
    Heather is marginally more palatable to me as a human being, probably because she's reluctant to get down and dirty like Tamra and Icky. Heather feels oh-so-superior, and is out to prove it by holding herself above the fray. And... she actually is superior in some ways- by conventional social standards. Married super-rich to a husband who hasn't yet dumped her, she gets television gigs once in awhile, is very attractive, appears to be naturally slim (the ultimate wish of many women), has bright, healthy, smart children. So she feels/acts like a know-it-all, very superior indeed. She gets away with it in the RH venue, b/c face it, the others have slung oh so much mud.
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Heather serves as the friend both can confide in and have depth with. So Heather goes into time with them expecting that, not realizing that NOT having that is the reason why they can get along.
    I hadn't thought of that, but you're probably right on. Interesting insight.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Finally watched the season opener last night.

My thoughts are 'meh' on it.

As far as homes, I live here in the OC, as far as giant of all these ladies, Heather's is the only one I would call giant. Everyone else (on THIS show) has a very typical So CALI home.
    Drive through parts of Newport Coast or Corona Del Mar and you will see giant. Heather, I believe, lives on Newport Coast. Actors, sports celebrities all have homes on NC and in CDM.

Vicki has put on allot of weight and all in her belly. And her face looks very full as well. Too many carbs.

Tamara continues to be the mean girl ALONG with Vicki. It is so 'junior high school'.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread