+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2603Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Okay, so here are my thoughts (and I don't expect anyone to agree with me, just talking out loud of the keyboard):

Vicki looks better than last season. I remain believing she truly cares for Brianna, her grandbabies, and her ass of a SIL. I can't guess on Brooks, but if I had to, I'd suspect he's lurking in the background like a bad computer virus.

Tamra seems happy, but a bit suspicious of Mr. Teeth.

Heather is a mess. No one needs a 17,000 foot house. No one. She's uptight about everything, but not quite to Aviva levels. I do have to give her credit on two things. Plumeria is a tree and a natural scent of Hawaii. It's not a STD. And red wine should be served at wine cellar room temperatures, and in stemmed glasses. Stemmed glasses can be procured for less than $1, so that's not altogether snooty. And a reusable wine sleeve is about $4 and can be used for decades. Chill your reds, peeps!

And, OMG, this Shannon character. Huge house, can't properly cook chicken breasts (how is that possible?), thinks electromagnetic forces are potential killers and all around her, and meanwhile sees some sham of a "doctor" practically lighting her on fire three days a week (and gladly taking her money)? I kinda get not letting kids have cells, because I'm old and don't think 13 year olds need a cell phone. I'm aghast that my sister deals with college kids texting in her classes. (To invoke the classic HW language, "WHO DOES THAT?") But on the flip side of that, Shannon seems a sad Google addict and headed for another RH divorce proceeding.

FORT Fan

Still hate Vicki, lol
    If I was Brianna I would flee from both Vicki and Ryan...ugh another baby with that monster.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    RHOC won't be the same, to me, without Gretchen and Slade. Even though I didn't always agree with their shenanigans, of the whole cast, I found the two of them the most entertaining and the most fun to watch! (By the way, it looks like Gretchen and Slade will be on the WE Channel's upcoming Marriage Boot Camp, along with JWoww and Roger from Jersey Shore, and Trista and Ryan from the Bachelorette!)
    I can scratch Orange County off my viewing list I abhor vickie and tamra and there really isn't anyone else I need to see this show for. Gretchen. Was fun and she really was harmless so I say bye to the OC
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I saw a little last night and think I might revisit this show. I'm rather glad there was a change.

Now I'm worried. Is my internet router really giving me dangerous waves? I hope that's not true. It's got me thinking. lol Really.

OH, I just read that Simon has filed for custody of their kids and makes some pretty scandalous allegations against Tamra, including not feeding the kids, not providing them proper medical care and not ensuring bathing of the younger child. From what I read, it appears he has recorded their conversations or is using texted messages to use against her. As he seems to use their exact dialogue in his complaint against her. The document says the older 15 year-old daughter was so disgusted with mom's care, she moved in with Simon some time ago. More drama.......

Why is it that I cannot stand Brianna? I don't like that girl at all. She always seems to be so full of herself, unappreciative and mean.
    Jahim likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really enjoyed the tone of last night's show. I'm sure with this bunch it won't last and the drama will boil over. But I thought last night set a nice tone for finding out where everyone was in their lives, and I thought the interaction between Tamara, Vicki and Heather was entertaining and interesting. It made a lot of sense when Heather said she gets along great with Vicki and gets along great with Tamara, but feels like the odd man out when it's the three of them. That went hand in hand with Tamara saying that she and Vicki are in a great place as long as she doesn't bring up Brooks. I think that Tamara and Vicki know they have fun togther, so their focus is on fun instead of depth. Heather serves as the friend both can confide in and have depth with. So Heather goes into time with them expecting that, not realizing that NOT having that is the reason why they can get along. Regarding Simon's accusations against Tamara -- I don't put a lot into them. He always came across to me as an angry, spiteful, and vengeful man. I think he only like having Tamara around when he felt like he could control her, and their relationship fell apart when she started standing up to that. I think he is making these accusations in an attempt to control her again, and in response to her finding happiness and a solid relationship with Eddie. Wow --a fifteen year old with divorced parents is trying to play the parents against each other by running to the home that she hasn't been living in and claiming to have been mistreated. That's certainly not the first time such a thing has happened! Successfully divorced parents anticipate it and don't give in to it, but rather hold a united front. Unsuccessfully divorced parents like Tamara and Simon jump at the chance to get a leg up on the competition.
    candor and Jahim like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Vicki and Tamra are a gang of 2. I think it's rude.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree that Simon is a very mean controlling man. I doubt his accusations are really true .....but I had to add that Tamra admitted to her day starting at 4:30AM every day and goes on for a long time. Starting a business is 24/7 for awhile. It's entirely possible that Tamra is somewhat neglecting the kids, working those hours, and Simon took it and ran w/it. I rally don't see how Tamra can work full time and over time at the gym and take care of her kids. Not enough time in the day but I doubt it's what Simon says it is.

Well the medical records should confirm the truth about their son's broken finger. He says the kid broke his finger, was in pain, he told her to take him to doctor, she didn't, and five days later when Simon gets him back, he's not doing better and he takes him in and discovers the condition. Medical records should prove that. And the texts and emails between them will prove a lot too. It is what it is. If Tamara isn't caring for the kids, their teachers, friends and other parents will have noticed.

Simon may be a jerk, but I've never noticed much difference between he and Tamra.
    Jahim likes this.

FORT Fogey

Even if medical records show a break, it doesn't mean there are issues with neglect. It may sound odd, but with something like a finger it's not that uncommon for a break to go undetected because the pain can be assumed to be a more minor injury. There are some kids who complain about pains all the time - for kids like that, it's not easy as a parent to determine which need action and which are just attention seeking. Heck, when I was a child, I broke my arm significantly enough that when they rolled up the sleeve of my shirt they could diagnose a break without an x-ray. But I laid on the couch for several hours after I broke it with my parents having no idea. THey were not being bad parents or neglectful parents -- they just misread the situation at first. I think that Dragonlady may be exactly right about the time it takes to make a business work taking away from time that had been spent with kids in the past. I'm not nominating Tamara for mom of the year. But I think Simon has opportunist exaggerator written all over him, and I'm not willing to call Tamara guilty based on his accusations alone.
    Dragonlady likes this.

So I watched the first episode and I loved it. This is the Housewives I enjoy. The weave pulling and the lunging is old and not interesting. This was fun and pretty funny. I'll take little jabs and whatnot. I could completely do with out this Shannon chick. I will keep an open mind for Lizzie when she comes on board, but I have to say if it was just Vicki, Tamra and Heather I'd be just fine. The three of them are pretty fantastic. I don't love Vicki, but she is the OC-OG, and the only one of the originals left. I'd be disappointed to see her go. Tamra is one of my favorites to watch. She wasn't on her first few seasons when she was with Simon. I thought she was ridiculous, but where she is now, I'm good. I'm happy for her to have the gym going and whatnot, I think that is fantastic and she is probably just biding her time on the show until she makes enough money from the gym. Heather is one of the few "newbies" that I've liked. When she was new, it was refreshing and now on her third season I am excited to watch her. She is what the Housewives should be. Fun, witty and over the top rich lifestyle that I actually think she can afford with her and her husband. I actually miss Lydia way more than Alexis or Gretchen because she also fell into that category with a few additions of cooky and eccentric.

The episode in Hawaii was great though. I think that a lot of people could relate to that multiple-friend dynamic where everyone gets along great one on one but suddenly you all get together and the relationship changes. Not to that extreme displayed on the confessionals, but I know I have seen that kind of interaction in situations. Sometimes when the energies are different, it can rub people wrong. My perspective is that Heather is not someone who dances on tables ever anyway, but she's there for work and a little fun. The other two are 100% on party in Hawaii mode. I can see how it is possible it all went down like that. "I think we can save the leg" was hysterical. Little digs bother me so much less than the melee they are hyping this Atlanta reunion to be... you know after the men of the show already broke ribs and tore shirts.

As for the Tamra/Simon nonsense. I also read that and was curious to see what you all thought. Regardless, I think it is terrible that people who don't enjoy Tamra are using this "news" to spew hate and nonsense to her online and on twitter. It's ridiculous really. There is a serious need to reevaluate your perspective on life if you find it enjoyable to take what seems so crystal clear as a power play from Simon to release this right as the "promotion" phase of her show is underway and the "Texts" of a 15 y/o teenage girl who is going through what is so clearly a difficult divorce as reason to bash someone. Regardless if you like her or not on this show, or think she is a terrible person, etc. that's pretty damn low. You don't have to support her, you don't have to wish her well, but to side with Simon on this is crazy because releasing this kind of info publicly is not going to help his kids in any way and will only hurt Tamra. Her daughter will likely have kids pick on her (pick at her hair and whatnot), and she will resent her mother even more because she's probably getting bank rolled by Daddy, or at a minimum used as a pawn in his twisted fight with his ex and mother of his THREE children and she is a teenager fighting with her mom.

+ Reply to Thread