+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

If those two have been dropped it makes sense. It seems like each time a woman decides to keep a lot of her life private and out of the show its a kiss of death. It makes sense for them to want the privacy and also makes sense that Bravo has no use for that.
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I am a little surprised about Gretchen being dropped because she is featured in a Bravo commercial/promo for the wedding Andy Cohen is planning/officiating. She is just awful in that commercial, so wooden. It's painful to watch.
    Jupiter likes this.

FORT Fogey

She did a good job making herself available to Bravo. But she (rightfully) drew lines to keep Slades kids away from the show. When barriers are drawn like that, it's a problem for the show. Beyond that, she admitted somewhat in the reunion that she's not really friends with any of the women anymore. The show goes from dramatic to a train wreck when they leave people in the cast just for the fights.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Generally, I like all the housewives. None is completely offensive to me (except the crazy girl in Miami who lied about her marriage).

However, it was time for Gretchen and Alexis to go (Slade and Jim too).

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I won't miss Alexis and Jim, cause for me, they really weren't particularly interesting.

I will miss Gretchen and Slade very much though, and I hope they'll still be shown from time to time. Even though I haven't always agreed with Gretchen, I've always found her fascinating to watch and tons of fun --- just as a character. Never a dull moment when Gretchen's in the storyline.

I've always been fascinated by Slade too --- even from the old, old days when he was engaged to Jo. Part of my interest was in just trying to figure him out. I remember so well how madly in love he was with Jo, and how heartbroken he was when she finally let him know that she really wasn't in love with him -- and then his very brief fling with Lauri (that really wasn't much of anything) -- and then watching him become attracted to Gretchen and start falling in love with her, which I believe he truly is.

I can't say I would miss either Gretchen or Alexis, although surprisingly enough, I'd rather keep Alexis and lose Gretchen given a vote. I used to kind of like Gretchen but this season she became really obnoxious to me and I found myself disliking her and Slade...a lot. Alexis was ho-hum, but I liked that she and Tamra made up. Wonder if they ever really became "friends" again though? If she was a big part of Tamra's life you would think they'd keep her since Tamra seems to be a key player nowadays. Go figure. Wonder if they will bring in some new women? I hope Lauri is not included. I don't find her interesting at all.

I hope it doesn't become all about Tamra and Eddie's business. I'd be bored stiff if that was the case. I hope Tamra stays nice. lol. I can't bear to think of her returning to that she-devil she used to be. I would have to quit watching. Although I must say that Heather is sometimes interesting. I hope Vicki moves on from Brooks. And I hope there is not a bunch of manufactured drama between any of the ladies (like Lydia and Heather).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I will miss Gretchen and Slade very much though, and I hope they'll still be shown from time to time. Even though I haven't always agreed with Gretchen, I've always found her fascinating to watch and tons of fun --- just as a character. Never a dull moment when Gretchen's in the storyline.

I've always been fascinated by Slade too --- even from the old, old days when he was engaged to Jo. Part of my interest was in just trying to figure him out. I remember so well how madly in love he was with Jo, and how heartbroken he was when she finally let him know that she really wasn't in love with him -- and then his very brief fling with Lauri (that really wasn't much of anything) -- and then watching him become attracted to Gretchen and start falling in love with her, which I believe he truly is.
    I actually really like Gretchen and Slade. The problem with both of them, however (and IMO), is that they can't seem to build lives for themselves outside the show. Neither has any sort of permanent and successful career going. These shows are glimpses into their personal lives. They aren't designed to be their lives. As a result, they are pretty boring in my book (at this time; each was great early on).

I think Slade became completely deflated when he lost all his wealth and has never fully recovered. And, I don't think Gretchen ever developed any sense of self that didn't have to do with attracting rich men. I think they need to get their own selves back in the saddle to fully decide whether or not they should be married. And, if they get lives going that are interesting enough, bring 'em back.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am surprised at how much people are talking about Gretchen, Slade, Alexis, and Jim. Anyway, I thought Gretchen had a handbag business, or am I mistaken. I thought she was running her own show, but I could be wrong. Anybody?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wretch & Slime were entertaining, not likable, but entertaining. Away from the cameras I think they'll do better at living their personal lies. The only thing Frug and JesusBarbie had for entertainment was their constant struggle to look wealthy. Bravo managed to film a lot of snide comments when other HWs called JB out for wearing a fake diamond wedding ring. Maybe the Frugs will have a better life away from Bravo's cameras too; they're not likeable people.
    jucamer likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I heard Lydia is not coming back.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread