+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2502Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I met Bill Clinton, and He definitely has it. I cannot put exactly what that is into words. Amazing.
    You're the second person I've heard say that. I knew someone who met him at a political function, and said she'd never seen anything like it. She said something like, He made you feel like you were the only person in the room. Yeah, I'd tap that.
    elleprn likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    For me, the problem with having 3 wedding dresses, in addition to the cost, of course, is the TIME that it takes to go to another room, change clothes, re-adjust your hair and makeup, etc. I would hate to miss even one second of my own wedding and reception, and so the thought of having to leave, and spend all that that time changing and primping for even a 2nd dress, let alone a 3rd dress, is crazy. The one constant comment that I've heard from almost every bride about her wedding, was that the time went so fast she could hardly believe it was over --- so I can't imagine why anyone would want to leave her wedding SEVERAL TIMES to waste precious moments of that time with changing clothes!!!
    Once more, you and I are in total agreement....I think we are also the kind of people who only look in a mirror twice a day: once to put on makeup and the second, to take off the makeup at night...........But there are some people, mostly women, who really really enjoy looking at themselves in that mirror, primping and fixing, over and over. So for them, it's ideal.

I can't believe how weddings have changed over the years...completely amazes me with astonishment. I don't understand the thinking that's involved in such an over the top kind of wedding that have become the norm now.
    I even heard one girl say that she and her boyfriend have been living together for 5 years and saving all their money for their wedding in the future.
    Guess I'm just old and old-fashioned because I couldn't wrap my mind around that statement.
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

I made my wedding dress. Two weeks before I was surprised to barely fit into. Spanxls saved the day. Must have sucked in two inches. And I had a whitish caftan planned to wear for the rest (a house party) before the sizing situation for comfort.

Marriages are heavenly and divorces are nightmarish.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If marriages are so heavenly, why are there so many divorces? So much for "heavenly". It's more like the concept of marriage is heavenly....the reality....welllll that, a lot of times, is another story.
    Lizard and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I borrowed my college/nursing school suitemate's wedding dress who had worn it 2 months before my wedding. She and I always borrowed each others clothes, as we were the same size and had the same taste.

People should put more emphasis on the marriage instead of the wedding and put that money up for a rainy day or the down payment on a house. Such a waste. I'm sure Bravo paid for most of Tamara's wedding.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm not a fan of weddings myself. I don't like going to them and I've had one myself that wasn't all that great. Just a load of stress what with the invitations and all that. My mom and I grew very close during the planning and so on, but we also had some fights that might not have happened, lol. I miss her. i will never forget how she gently guided me into not choosing a dress that would have looked awful on me and helped me find just the right one. I got a beautiful dress, on sale, for about $300, maybe a bit less. The one I had thought I wanted was much more, and it was a concoction of lace and ruffles from the 80's that would have not only swallowed me whole, but made me look like beige woman. The color was dreadful on me. I had a simple wedding compared to the ones they throw these days. I love to watch the show Four Weddings, but I cannot believe the money they spend on those things these days! Dresses are impossibly expensive, and they spend thousands on receptions with more food than an army can eat, as well as having ridiculous "themes" that have nothing to do with marriage.

I miss the good old days. Sigh.

Did anyone see Kara And Jeana Keough on Say Yes to the Dress last night? Kara looked stunning in the $9,000 dress that she chose. She's still a little brat, though.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Did anyone see Kara And Jeana Keough on Say Yes to the Dress last night? Kara looked stunning in the $9,000 dress that she chose. She's still a little brat, though.
    She'll always be a brat. Jeana was/is a lousy mother. Never could say no to anyone, kids, husband, etc.
    jucamer likes this.

I just read that Alexis and Gretchen have been dropped from the show. The site said that it had to do w/them not having an interesting storyline.
    I won't miss either.
    Prism likes this.

I was getting tired of the Slade stuff.

Third dress on the Tamara wedding was the over kill.

The heart you bring to the table at marriage id what is heavenly...and we get to keep that...and if a person did not come with one..oh well..too bad for them
    Prism likes this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread