+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2096Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I find it interesting the people...usually men...who are able to exert so much mesmerizing charm over women and, sometimes, other men. I always end up saying, "I just don't get it!"...but they definitely seem to have that "something".

I met Bill Clinton, and He definitely has it. I cannot put exactly what that is into words. Amazing.

On the other hand I definitely DON'T have it!
    bee stung lips and elleprn like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

My former boss had that "mesmerizing" thing going on with women and men. I never got it; I had to perpetually treat him like he was a woman in full blown PMS.

Did y'all watch Tamra's wedding show? Is it typical to have THREE dresses for less than 8 hours? I'm sure Bravo picked up some of the tab, but isn't that still really nuts?

FORT Fogey

I think it's nuts, but it's something that seems to be done more and more often. I used to think that women did it becuse they found two dresses they truly loved and just could not decide. But I've seen people go on Say Yes to the Dress starting an appointment saying "I want a dress likethis for the ceremony, and one like this for the reception". Lets face it - some women view their wedding day as an excuse to be spoiled and insist they get everything they want "because it's my wedding". They tend to also be people who put more value in the wedding than they do the marriage. Maybe Tamara was trying to avoid weddings 4 and 5 by just wearing those dresses now!

If we're talking about Ayers in the "mesmerizing" conversation, it seems Ick is the only one mesmerized. But then, she's an emotional cripple. Thinking people cannot stand the man.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

The three dresses was overkill, and I don't think Eddie is a wealthy man, is he? Although the wedding surprised me by not being as tacky as I had thought it would be, it angers me that Tamra seemed to ignore Eddie's wishes for a simple wedding. Simple it was NOT. But it was not as bad as I had thought either. The money she spent on it though, where did it come from? I mean they talked about $600/couple for food, and her shoes were 6 thousand???

Even if I were loaded, I would not spend that on a wedding in a million years. I guess Eddie loves her enough to forgive her excesses though, which is fortunate for Tamra. I hope their business thrives and they stay married. I think Tamra is trying really hard to not be a mean girl anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    The three dresses was overkill, and I don't think Eddie is a wealthy man, is he? Although the wedding surprised me by not being as tacky as I had thought it would be, it angers me that Tamra seemed to ignore Eddie's wishes for a simple wedding. Simple it was NOT. But it was not as bad as I had thought either. The money she spent on it though, where did it come from? I mean they talked about $600/couple for food, and her shoes were 6 thousand???

Even if I were loaded, I would not spend that on a wedding in a million years. I guess Eddie loves her enough to forgive her excesses though, which is fortunate for Tamra. I hope their business thrives and they stay married. I think Tamra is trying really hard to not be a mean girl anymore.
    Didn't Bravo pay for it? I kinda think that's the norm. For the NotBradyBunch woman, SkimKroy, Cynthia the model, now Nene, maybe some others I cannot remember. Just think what that amount, invested, would grow to in 20 years! Makes me think these people are dimwits. Heather and her Dubrow doctor husband could afford such excess, but neither Eddie nor Tamra seem up to the task... has to be Bravo's checkbook.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Did y'all watch Tamra's wedding show? Is it typical to have THREE dresses for less than 8 hours? I'm sure Bravo picked up some of the tab, but isn't that still really nuts?
    For me, the problem with having 3 wedding dresses, in addition to the cost, of course, is the TIME that it takes to go to another room, change clothes, re-adjust your hair and makeup, etc. I would hate to miss even one second of my own wedding and reception, and so the thought of having to leave, and spend all that that time changing and primping for even a 2nd dress, let alone a 3rd dress, is crazy. The one constant comment that I've heard from almost every bride about her wedding, was that the time went so fast she could hardly believe it was over --- so I can't imagine why anyone would want to leave her wedding SEVERAL TIMES to waste precious moments of that time with changing clothes!!!
    jucamer likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Weddings are a PITA, especially for the bride. What a drag and huge waste of perfectly good money that could be better spent on other things.
    Punkin and Prism like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bravo probablycovered that. Plus there was probably free advertisement for the shops giving stuff.

Small parties are special too.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Weddings are a PITA, especially for the bride. What a drag and huge waste of perfectly good money that could be better spent on other things.
    Omigosh I cannot believe you said that. It's exactly what I think! Have always thought. But never say so, b/c people seem to love weddings so much. I cringe when I think what good things that much money would do... or how much it would earn if invested. Arrrgggghhhh.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

+ Reply to Thread