+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2579Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Sincerely, no offense to you, Debb70, but personally, I don't care how drunk you are when you say that kind of stuff.....hitting women, calling the woman you "profess to love" crude mean names, etc.
    Sometimes the real truth comes out when someone's been drinking. This isn't the only time he's been heard to say awful things. The guy's a sleeze ball and Vicki is the only one who can't see it. She never learns from her mistakes and continues to make the same mistakes.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like lot of women, she doesn't want to believe it, so she denies it to herself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just my opinion here... from observation during my very long life... when a man is verbally or physically abusive when he's drunk, that's the real "him". Usually abuse escalates. Women frequently protect the abuser. It can take a very long time, years and years in some cases, for the abused to finally "get" what's happening, and longer still in some cases for the abused to take action.

Brooks Ayers sounds classic to me. Human nature being what it is, it's not surprising that everyone - everyone - around Icky recognizes that Ayers is trouble. Ick may not understand until all her teeth are knocked out.

Aside from Ayers being a potential physical/verbal abuser, he's a scammy bad actor. During the Reunion he did not once reach out to Icky, didn't touch her hand, her shoulder, put his arm around her, or look her in the eyes and say I love you I care deeply for you I will protect you. He has only empty words... "I love her enough to let her go". Yeah, sure.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I think part of Vickie's clinging to Brooks is her ending her marriage, partly at least, over him. She doesn't want to believe, or admit, she made a mistake. If she continues a relationship with Brooks she can continue to believe she did the right thing.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Lizard and 1 others like this.

I started to feel more liking towards Tamra, whom I have always detested, this season. But after watching her planning her over-the-top wedding I wonder. Lol, why do they need to make a circus out of weddings? Tacky, tacky, tacky. I could not believe her wedding planner wanted to use multiple harpists on the walk down the aisle. How awful! That just sounds way too much. Maybe one or two tucked in a good spot, but a whole crew of them? Just ridiculous. I hope it doesn't turn out as gaudy as it sounds. If I were her I would take Eddie more seriously about the budget!

These women do fight over the weirdest things. Things that happened years ago. Bet Tamra is happy to be the focus right now. The whole tone of the show changed for me this season. I'm still trying to decide if she is actually changing into a nicer person or if it's an act.

Tamra has never seemed to me like the despicable person most people see. Although she's very hard to like, I've thought her lack of social skills and overchallenged ability to navigate the world like an intelligent thinking adult are the result of very poor parenting. That and a lower class upbringing seems to have rendered her green with envy when anyone has anything of value she doesn't have.

Tamra's hurt and fear and anger come out sideways, she lashes out at inappropriate times and with words that are OTT angry and mean. The more she accumulates - money, friends, happiness in love & marriage, the more she'll calm down and be able to study the actions of civilized people she meets -- I think she's capable of copy-catting civilty, she's just a little slow.
    Lizard, elleprn and AcookerTV like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I think you're right, Prism. A lot of Tamra's issues come from a lack of social skills. But her mean-girl bullying -- first her target was Gretchen, then Vicki, then Alexis -- is a character flaw. I don't understand how she and Heather became so close, because of all the women, Heather seems the least likely to condone that behavior.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

I think that Heather however has some "let me take her under my wing and fix her" in her personality that may draw her to Tamara.
    Punkin likes this.

Tamara's brother is awful. Instead of showing her love for upcoming nuptials he was saying negative things. He truly does not want her to be happy...because he must be messed up I guess.

The pink dresses were lovely.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

My impression of Tamara's family was that growing up, for whatever reason her parents didn't have a lot of time for giving the kids attention. So, they were always in competition to get the little attention there was. It's held over to now, so when the attention is on Tamara getting married her brothers natural instinct is to compete to get the attention focused on him.

+ Reply to Thread