+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Girl, we ALL do.....we all do. You are not alone!
    mayamaisha and jucamer like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I just watched the portion of the reunion with Brooks and Brianna.

***My Brianna adoration continues. I'm not sure about her relationship with Ryan, but I do like her. I support Ryan having recorded Brooks. It seems as if it is the only kind of proof that would work for Vicki.

It must be hard for Brianna to watch her mom float in and out of messed up relationships. I wonder what the childhood abuse was about.
    beerbelly likes this.

Does anyone know where I can read the Ryan-Brooks recording? PM me if you are hesitant to post the link, please.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I noticed that too. But I also found it odd that while the other woman all reached out to comfort Vicki, Brianna sat stone-faced on the other sofa and made no effort to reach out to her mother. I'd have thought she would have been the first one reaching out to shield her mother from Brooks.
    Brianna was probably sick of reaching out to her, imo. From where I was sitting Vicki defended Crooks over her own daughter. She gets what she gets, again imo.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Regarding Briana and how she is dealing with her mother, sometimes as very young women, it's easy to fall into adopting our mates less than desirable traits. I remember one boyfriend, from my college days, who had me acting a lot like him and it was definitely not ME. I seldom smiled and this dark cloud seemed to descend over my personality; things improved, immensely when I finally got away from him. My mother wrote me a note telling me that I didn't seem to still have the joie de vivre (joy of life) that I had always shown. I gained a lot of weight, too. Shortly after getting away from him, EVERYTHING changed. I went back to my joyful self, and the pounds just started disappearing, on their own! I was glad to meet ME again, and I could see the relief in my mother's response. Ditching him was the best thing I ever did for myself! Who knows what Briana will come to discover, over time.
    bee stung lips and elleprn like this.

I love Brianna. Vicky should listen to her. Dump the sleaze bag and have more time with your daughter and grandson.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    They have explained that once Ryan realized the kind of stuff Brooks was saying in the conversation, he recorded it so that if Brooks ever did anything to Vicki, they had it on record. To some degree, that makes sense to me - I've heard of women who feared their husbands before sending emails to state it to someone close before escaping the man as a "if anything ever happens to me, suspect him" sort of thing. That said, at some point it may be healthier for Brianna to just remove herself from their lives than to constantly involve herself and try to manipulate it. I think that it would have a greater impact on Vicki if Brianna were to say that she can't see her mom subjecting herself to what she does being with Brooks, so she's going to live her own life with her husband and child until he's completely gone. The way she keeps on threatening but still relying on Vicki so heavily is very co-dependent.
    It seems Brianna grew up in a seriously dysfunctional household. I dislike that "dysfunctional" word b/c it was overused by therapists in the heyday of Onsite Workshops and other national programs, and it seldom seemed authentic. However.... it does appear there was dysfunction in the Ick/1st husband/2nd husband/Donn household. Brianna may well be imbued with some seriously twisted ways of interacting with family, and at her young age she may not fully understand the oddity of how poorly Icky raised her and her brother. Seems Brianna has at least some good sense--- in spite of Ick.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

It left me heartbroken to know that Brianna was abused. People don't understand that there is verbal abuse too..and that is just as hard. It's an abusive relationship no matter.

I would be the same with my mom - but much, much worse. I identified how Brianna is protecting her mom. I can't imagine myself in her position.
    Jexter likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Worse, for Brianna, not only was she raised in dysfunctional households, but look who she picked to marry and father her own child!!! Ryan!!!! This is a tragedy waiting to happen!!! Ryan desperately needs some anger management counseling, and the two of them had better do something serious, or they are not only going to be a majorly dysfunctional family themselves, but their poor little child is about to be their next victim!!!
    bee stung lips and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Does anyone know where I can read the Ryan-Brooks recording? PM me if you are hesitant to post the link, please.
    I think I have it bookmarked on my work computer. Will look for it Tuesday if it is still up.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread