+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2502Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Prhoshay, I disagree. I think the problem here is that you are equating bad to abuse. I'm not. A spouse can do bad things that are not abusive. And there ARE varying degrees of bad. If a husband chooses to go out with the boys for some drinks rather than coming home and helping with bath time, that's bad. But that's not as bad as having an affair. Going to a strip club when your wife asks you not to is bad. That's not as bad as gambling away so much money that your family loses its house. So yes, I stand behind the notion that from what we have seen on TV, not filling in any extra blanks or making any extra assumptions, we've been presented with far more concerning behavior from Brooks than we have Ryan. I just don't buy into the notion that after years of most of us saying that Brianna is a smart woman with a good head on her shoulders, than suddenly after one incident she's a lost soul who is repeating the cycle of her mother and doesn't have a clue.

FORT Fan

She married him after knowing him for one month. I'd say she may be just like Icky.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Trust Me!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I know men in the military who were getting ready to deploy and never once saw any of them behave like Ryan or even saw any semblance of this type of behaviour.

Ryan's behaviour at Vicky's house party wasn't a one-off. We saw his controlling behaviour more than once, firstly, his constant telling Vicki that Brooks wasn't allowed in her house and then his despicable display toward her party guests. That's enough for me.

Ryan flew off the handle because that's inherently who he is. He's a ticking time bomb with serious anger management issues. He's bossy, aggressive, severely controlling, "always right", narcissistic, uses intimidation to get his way and can't be "told" anything because as far as he's concerned he's the "all-knowing". I know the signs. I once dated a man just like him.

People show you who they are by the way they behave. And this is the case for both Brooks AND Ryan.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 08-28-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    mayamaisha, Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

AcTV, I understand we disagree and that is no problem. Most women get themselves into intolerable situations because they do not do what Barney Fife always said....."Nip It In The Bud!!" We have a tendency to let our mates get away with much more than we should, an then moan and groan about our situations and wonder why we are being treated so badly. Briana, while smart, is also very young and inexperienced and ripe for the picking for an overbearing man. As my mother used to say, "You can't know what you don't know!" We learn these life lessons, over time. I learned, over time, but in the meantime, I endured a lot of heartache. Experienced me says, "Never again!!!"

As my buddy, Barney, always said....."The only thing they understand is BUD-NIPPIN'!" I did use a lot more of it with my son!!! Mean, ol' Mom!

It's hard for me to just sit back and watch a woman put up with mess that is going to lead her down a painful path. I can see around corners that she has no clue are even there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

THat's all well and good, but it assumes to know the details of Brianna's marriage based on what we see on TV. I don't think that we know enough to draw conclusions as severe as you have. We really don't even know the details of the relationships of the Housewives whose families get a lot of air time. In Brianna's case, we only get snippets of her life as a supporting player - normally as they relate to Vicki. We didn't get the details of what attracted Brianna to Ryan -- instead, it was painted all around Vicki and how it related to her. We don't see their interactions as a family - only those that relate to Vicki. Ryan may be a horrible person, and the one incident we saw may be an indicator of something much bigger and much deeper. If that's the case, Brianna may be in denial, or she may know exactly what she's gotten herself in to, and is making decisions based on what is best for her and her son. If I don't think that watching someone on a reality show can really give me an indication of htat person's life, then I certainly don't think I can get enough information from a supporting/bit player!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    . IS SHE FREAKING CRAZY?????
    Absolutely She reminds me of those mothers who don't believe their child when he/she tells her they've been molested. Disgusting! How must Briana feel? And she continued defending the p**sweed.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    IS SHE FREAKING CRAZY?????
    Why, yes, she certainly is! How else can we explain it??
    It's actually pitiful the way Vicki acts about that Snake-Oil Salesman.
    I would think that a mom would listen to her mature daughter.....and her friends..... not to mention all the fans that have told her the same.
    that's called Denial to the extreme.

It's always a sign of denial -- and a weasel way out -- to say, "I don't know, I didn't see it, I wasn't there." Your daughter is telling you what happened. Isn't that a credible enough source? If wonder if she believes Abraham Lincoln got shot, because she didn't see it.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

In the early seasons, Vicki used to explain every expectation she had for her kids by saying it was what God wanted, so we know she has faith. Perhaps someone should ask her how she believes in God if she hasn't seen Him.

Just read a piece on Perez that says Vicki and Brooks are currently together, that the breakup may have been staged? That or she just could quit him. *roll eyes*
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread