+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1915Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Andy almost admits in his book that several of the women have figured out that acting dramatic during a reunion can help to ensure you'll be back in the cast for the next season, which is probably why so many of them yell and scream. I decided watching last night that the four blondes on this show are all exactly the same. They all have incredible memories for keeping track of every possible slight they've ever suffered from anyone, but have no recollection at all for the ways they've mistreated anyone else. They also all assume that anything that doesn't make them feel good is an intentional attack. When Heather explained what happened with Malibu Country last night, it made PERFECT sense. But rather than accepting that as an actress HEather understood the process, Gretchen had to continue to fight it and believe she was being attacked. Each of the blondes is so focused on herself that she cannot entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, the rest of the world is not that focused on her.
    prhoshay likes this.

When Andy asked Gretchen whether these women were her friends, I noticed that Gretchen was taking care to say that a couple of them were so that she would continue to have a reason to be on the show. Keeping Slade on as an irritant to Vicky seems to be the reason why Gretchen is on the show. And I hate to say it, but I think Slade would lose interest in Gretchen if she was no longer a cast member on the show.
    jucamer, AcookerTV and sparklete like this.
    You can do it!

Yep this turned into the let's gang up on Gretchen year. Last year it was Alexis. If you believe Gretchen & Slade really do love each other why become so dramatic because you weren't invited to the engagement surprise party??? I wouldn't have inited those hags either. Vicky & Slade have tortured each other for years...nothing new there.
    Noticed Vicky stalking out at the end of the reunion saying she quits...hmmmmm....don't belive it.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Icky will say she stormed out saying she was "done" with that moment on that stage, not done with RHOC. She loves histrionics so very much.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Regular

It seems like the reason Gretchen is having problems this season, is that she wants Tamra all to herself, and not letting others extend an olive tree, so-to-speak, to her. She sounds a little possessive, and almost playing games with Tamra to get her to be unfriendly towards the other women, ie. Alexis and Vicki. But what is a bit ironic about that is that she did the same thing towards Tamra when she gave her the friendship bracelet to mend old wounds. But now she is not wanting Tamra to do the same thing with Alexis or anyone else by talking negatively about the other women, then being totally surprised when Tamra decides, "hey I don't need to be mad at these other women, too!"

If Gretchen wants to be friends with Tamra, she's got to let go and let bygones be bygones, even if she can't herself do so with the others. Or she'll just end up on the out all the time with negative feelings, and wondering where did my loyal friend go?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jealousy is such a wasted emotion....a waste of time and a waste of energy. Toooo much work for so little return!!!!
    momrek06, Coco46 and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I think Lydia looks freakish - isn't there a Bratz doll or something... that looks like a big-headed, giant freak-eye thing. She reminds me of that ugly doll. I find Lydia hard to look at.
    Lol at the Bratz doll comparison....

I do find Lydia's looks to be rather strange, though. She's all eyes and teeth.

And speaking of strange looks am I the only one who almost cannot bear to look at Gretchen's "stretched as tight as a drum" face these days?? And what's the poor girl done with her lips, especially her upper lip??? It doesn't even move anymore, so much so that when she pronounces the word "something", she has to pronounce it, "sunthing" because her upper lip can't move enough to connect with her bottom lip to form the letter "m" sound anymore.

DANG, girl!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

bee stung... yes, that "sun-thing" pronunciation tells the story about what's been done to Wrechten's lips. Drives me crazy to hear, and it's seemingly universal for women who've had to much fishlip plumped in. Makes her sound like she needs speech therapy to get rid of the lisp. Bet she doesn't even notice how odd it sounds.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    bee stung... yes, that "sun-thing" pronunciation tells the story about what's been done to Wrechten's lips. Drives me crazy to hear, and it's seemingly universal for women who've had to much fishlip plumped in. Makes her sound like she needs speech therapy to get rid of the lisp. Bet she doesn't even notice how odd it sounds.
    Fish lips...

She drives me absolutely bonkers with those immobile lips of hers.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Perhaps it is just me but all of their faces/mouths are unmoveable. They all just seem so plastic.

Yesterday I surfing around & found this: Real Housewives Of Orange County Brooks Ayers Murder For Hire Plot

Okay so who is watching Tamra's show? Count me OUT.
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread