+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2372Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Something occured to me when the whole cheating on Jeff thing was rehashed last night. Gretchen says she never cheated on Jeff, and also acknowledges SOME physical interaction with men other than Jeff. Is it possible that she and Jeff had an understanding, he knew she was having fun with other guys, and therefore was not cheating? I could understand why and how it could happen. Jeff and Gretchen had a connection and cared about each other quite a bit - but he also knew he was dying, and was physically limited by how much he could do for Gretchen. I could see him telling her that it was okay for her to go out and have fun with other people, knowing she'd be back to take care of him. There are people out there who have open relationships, and if both parties are okay with it, I don't think there's a major problem with it. I also could understand why Gretchen would want to honor Jeff's memory by not telling the world that they had such an arrangement. Then, it would be truthful that Gretchen did not cheat on Jeff, would also be truthful that she kissed other men while Jeff was dying, and would explain why Gretchen is never going to budge on the issue.

I wish the ladies would leave Gretchen alone already about the Jeff thing.
    Lydia is totally a s*%$ starter! I'm not a big fan of Heather, but Lydia was way out of line with her.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Tamara does not care that Gretchen may have cheated. She cares that she was made to look like a liar before.

I am liking the Lydia with the big eyes more and more. She is like a cute sister or cousin.
    I think Lydia looks freakish - isn't there a Bratz doll or something... that looks like a big-headed, giant freak-eye thing. She reminds me of that ugly doll. I find Lydia hard to look at.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I agree the rehash gets old, but it's the story of the show isn't it? All the women hate each other because of things that happened years ago, grudges that no one will let go, and this crazy rule that bad behavior is justified because someone else did it first.
    I'd think these women are plenty odd.... if not for the RHNJ, who really are oddities. Makes OC look normal!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

WTH did Gretchen do to herself? How old is she 32-33? All that botox and plastic surgery - she looks awfu! How can she be calling Vicky a piece of tupperware???

i've always believed that she did "cheat", but that Jeff was fully aware of it . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OMG, drop the Jeff crap already. I believe Gretch cheated but she will NEVER admit it ever. Tamra does so want to prove to ALL that Gretch LIES with that example but Gretch will not 'come clean'. My gawd, did Tamra actually bring EVIDENCE to the Reunion show to PROVE Gretch a LIAR. Geez.
    momrek06 likes this.

lol, you just said exactly what i've always thought . . . . but was too lazy to type . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Something occured to me when the whole cheating on Jeff thing was rehashed last night. Gretchen says she never cheated on Jeff, and also acknowledges SOME physical interaction with men other than Jeff. Is it possible that she and Jeff had an understanding, he knew she was having fun with other guys, and therefore was not cheating? I could understand why and how it could happen. Jeff and Gretchen had a connection and cared about each other quite a bit - but he also knew he was dying, and was physically limited by how much he could do for Gretchen. I could see him telling her that it was okay for her to go out and have fun with other people, knowing she'd be back to take care of him. There are people out there who have open relationships, and if both parties are okay with it, I don't think there's a major problem with it. I also could understand why Gretchen would want to honor Jeff's memory by not telling the world that they had such an arrangement. Then, it would be truthful that Gretchen did not cheat on Jeff, would also be truthful that she kissed other men while Jeff was dying, and would explain why Gretchen is never going to budge on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i've always believed that she did "cheat", but that Jeff was fully aware of it . . . .
    I often wondered about that as well. That Jeff knew he was dying and would want her happy. And would understand.

But I feel Gretch probably felt the backlash IF she even came clean with saying 'Jeff knows/knew and had no issues with it' would be INTENSE then

everyone would say to her, 'OMG, you are cheating openly on a dying man!' .. hmmm. Yup backlash is what Gretch did not want

BUT instead Gretch is dealing with the backlash of being a CHEATER and a LIAR.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I know is that what went on between Gretchen and Jeff was nobody's business but Gretchen's and Jeff's. These people are waaaay too much off into each other's business.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What I know is that what went on between Gretchen and Jeff was nobody's business but Gretchen's and Jeff's. These people are waaaay too much off into each other's business.
    I agree. BUT in this case, it was Tamra and Icki being (IMO) JEALOUS of this new 'wife' on show and her very very very very wealthy BF.

Then they see her as a 'gold digger' and they see her sitting on some dude's lap at the St. Regis. And kiss him as well. While Jeff is dying and at this point hospitalized.

I agree its no one's business BUT if she is going to be seeing other people, do not do it in a public place where all can see you. People are going to be confused and not understand.

Then Tamra's getting calls on her cell from some disgruntled BF of Gretch's which in a way sucked Tamra into a situation she probably did not want to be in.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread